BeautyHacker

Good for you! Let's hope for the best. I'll definitely post about my recovery. I will also go buy some ice-packs, fill my prescriptions and buy some food...
Will you be staying at BH after surgery? I stayed there in late Dec in the Hilton Hotel, but there's no fridge in the room, so I literally went without any icepacking for the first two days! My face was swollen like a pig. I'm never going to make the same mistake again...;)

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm, my graft doesn't look like in that picture... is that even possible to put that in with closed method?
my nose looks more center now. He was able to put the tip more toward the center but not the base, so he carved the base thinner on the right side to compensate for it. it is still very swollen now so i can't really tell until the swelling goes down more. I am going in again tmr to have the tape removed... hopefully it will be my last visit there!!

so Asin, are you going to wait tillt eh 6 months mark or you are going to have the revision soon?

so does your graft look more like a stick like in that video of dr. nassif you posted? i'm glad to hear your nose is more centered and hopefully tomorrow will be your last visit there! do you live in los angeles?

for now i have the implant removal scheduled for friday. i am really anxious and having second thoughts. i don't look hideous right now and i'm worried that i will regret removing the implant. i'm most likely gonna stick to the plan and pray that everything will go well.

i'm probably gonna stay at a cheap motel a few miles away from the clinic. gonna be frugal here... i have already spent 10k since october on plastic surgery. i think implant removal has a relatively short recovery time. i don't think we will have to wear a cast or anything like that. i've started taking vitamin C and arnica again.

can someone tell me how to get a cab from the hotel to the clinic? will the front desk have the numbers available? i haven't taken a cab in ages.

I called this company to get around in BH when I was there.... The service was pretty good. They also have wheelchairs...
http://www.beverlyhillscabco.com/?page=2
"Medical Visits: If you have a non-emergency medical appointment and need a ride, we can get you there and back. We also have a fleet of wheelchair vans for those in need that will make your transportation private and more enjoyable."

My surgeon told me I have to tape my nose for five days, but that there's no need to wear a cast.

I've also spent over 10k on the nose and am thoroughly broke right now. ... cry

pursebao, can you tell me just how painful was it to get the revision with only local anesthesia? i'm thinking about doing that now so i can save the hassle of taking a cab, but i'm scared haha. implant removal only takes a couple of minutes though. did the pain continue after the revision?

thanks for the info yeuyeu. it'll come in handy in case i chicken out and take a cab haha. how much was your surgery? mine was 7900 for the nose and 1100 for botox jaw reduction. now that i'm removing the implant i guess i paid 7900 for alarplasty and the ear graft... plus 2 trials with silicone implant. plastic surgery is so expensive.

:Push: hmm how painful..... how do i describe.... I have pretty high tolerate in pain cuz i have very painful periods all the time hahha....hmm the local anesthesia shots hurts a lot. 1-10 scale i would say maybe 12......but after that, ur nose will feel numb and u can't feel much. I think taking out the implant should be a lot less painful than my procedures. The pain will eventually catch up in about 30mins... so take a vacodoin right after and rest as soon as u get back to the hotel room. I drove home after the first revisions and there was traffic, so it wasn't a very pleasant experience....
how far is the walk from the clinic to the hotel?

a 12??? wow, i am really scared now. i guess i should take a cab. i'm staying at a hotel that is 2 miles away from the clinic. the cab ride shouldn't be more than $20 each way. you are so brave!!! the anticipation of pain really freaks me out.

Mine was 7900 for rhino + alar. And 4500 for the chin... What a dear price to pay. I hope I won't get addicted to this:sweatdrop:

Hey guys, i was wondering if i should get a nose job in hong kong when im 18. Im going there then to get my passport anyway. Would it be cheaper there?? Around how much would it cost?? im 13 right now so if i start saving no i think i should have enough right??

yay! seriously, the numbing shot hurts so much. I would never put myself in that situation again.......hmm 2 miles is kinda far to walk, i think you should take a cab for sure!! good luck with everything u girls! i am leaving for asia tmr so i will talk to you guys later!! :P

wow, the chin cost $4500, thats so expensive.. and you took it out afterward?! ouch.... did dr lee recommend you to do the chin?

yeah i am going to take a cab! thanks, i am definitely praying for the best. have a nice trip pursebao!