BeautyHacker

Thank Panache for the post.
I did read it twice, and somehow it makes me think back about the surgery. I'm still confused about whether or not. 70% I will do it, but I know I must do more research.
It's just my personal point of view about the money hunger of some Korean doctor. Sorry, I dont want to be biased. I know there are many good excellent skilled surgeon. I have never been to Japan or Korea, so I'm sure my thought is irrational. Dont bash me because of this, just want to point out my view.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

now that bk sounds out of the question, i don't know where to go for my surgeries now... the doctors in my area don't have a lot of sample pictures of rhinoplasty done on asian patients (and especially not with noses like mine!)... i think i need the osteotomy or the nasal bones broken and re-set... very scary, imo. yikes. what do i do now? :wtf:... bk was pretty much my plan for the last 2 months.

(panache, i really do hope you are better!)

Wow, I've read like 10 pages of this forum and just wow... I really want a nose job myself and like i want a higher nose and I've been doing research and all but I'm curious- does it hurt really bad? and how exactly do they "give you that high nose":sad:

Hey guys,

Please feel free to message me if you have any questions. It seems alot of you are considering plastic surgery just make sure to pick the right clinic. I know its hard and BK seems like it is the only one out there, but the best way is to ask close relatives and friends for references or google the clinic along with the word scam or horror and many things will pop up. Keep in mind, clinics that don't speak English doesn't mean they don't cater to foreigners sometimes they are better at certain procedures just not good with advertising. My cousin got a blepharoplasty in Kangnam and this place is well-known but not "internationally known" if you know what I mean. I know I have had my share of plastic surgery so at this point I am done with ps. But just want to give you guys a heads up.

Hope everything goes well~

You are so brave, Panache, indeed. I cant imagine if I'm in your shoes, how can I face with it? Your reaction with this problem encourage me much since it's our responsibility to accept the risk. Life's still beautiful right. I desire to have a prettier nose, all I scare is its own risk.
Can you tell me about your point of view about Korean plastic surgery such as the cliniq environment or watever?
I double check the price for getting the nose done in Japan. I want to highten my bridge and narrow my side as well. It costs double as I thought ( around 6-7000 USD). My savings is just around this amount, so I'm afraid I couldnt cover my 3 weeks living cost in Japan with this tight budget. Moreover, I want to undergo the double eyelid as well.
I can try to work harder but I'm still studying so well, I dont want my studying to be affected badly.
I'm considering to go the Korea, but I'm not sure. I dont want to risk my life there.
I read similiar topic in Singapore forum, some of them want to go to Taiwan in June, very suitable with my plans. Hence, Taiwan is among my other options. What do you think about it?
I'm sorry with loads of question. I'm stuck at the middle of exams so can't do more research, just some very basic question then.
Please help me, thank you very much

Actually, I dont know. I havent undergone any surgery, just in the time for investigation.
From my reading, it should be 2 weeks for the chance of going out, but to be normal it may vary individually. I pland to spend a whole month in Japan to be sure that my nose is in safe zone, but maybe I will shorten it due to the highly expensive living cost.
Where are you now, babyitslyfe? Where do you want to "prettilize" your nose? Do you want to do it in Asia? I really want to have a buddy to go with me coz I will go from UK to Asia totally by myself.

It's not painful if you get general anesthesia. It's takes about 6 weeks to start looking normal and unoperated. Your bridge will appear too high for the first month until the swelling starts to decrease in the coming months. In the meantime, I would recommend wearing a hat when going out in public.

Hey sushitown,

I can tell you are academically inclined like I am so I understand your concerns. First study hard for your exams and then focus on plastic surgery. I know its not easy for you to concentrate on your studies when you have dreams of a prettier nose. lol Anyways, there are hundreds of clinics on Korea. I would recommend Korea above Taiwan and Japan. First and foremost, Japan is very costly and living expenses alone are going to cost you immensely. I'm not familiar with Taiwan but from what I know most people in East Asia flock to Korea for ps. Not sure why but they're known as the Center for Plastic Surgery, many celebrities in China and Japan go to Korea instead of their native country. Nevertheless, there are few places in Korea that speak fluent English and even places like BK can me misleading and highly disappointing.

At this point, all I can say is if you're dead set on getting nose job get it. I know the feeling of wanting to feel better and prettier. You're not satisfied until you get it. lol But remember a nose is a defining feature of your face so adding a bridge could make you look dramatically different.

What country are you currently in? Have you considered getting ps around your town or in a major city in your country?

How long ago did you have the procedure done?
Maybe you are still swollen.
The OZ Clinic seems fine. I had an online consultation with them and the Dr. was very responsive and friendly.

Thanks mkryu (and everyone else) for filling me in. And sushi I'm planning to do it somewhere in the states or at least for now I am. I still need to do more thorough research before proceeding though, but I'll keep in mind that you're open for a buddy.

@ Panache: You understand me very well. Thank god for that, especially now I'm stuck in the jungle of infomation. The more info I get, the more stuck I am. Dont know where to begin, what should be done first.
I'm living in the Uk now, cant find any clinqic looking good at Asian nose surgery. That's why I must go to somewhere in Asia.
I'm wondering why you still choose BK after a not so good feeling about it on your first visit. BK sounds very nice in the internet, even from mouth to mouth. We just gather info from the internet, right? I dont know where I put my trust in...

I know this isn't really my business, but you could also try to go to a consultation of some sort, or get recomendations and maybe even opinions from people who have gotten ps in a clinic you think is good.