BeautyHacker

Can i have a few ppl who have done rhino please give me a list of what i should buy/use before/after surgery? Make me a list of what i need to buy before going to Taiwan...and things that will already coem with my surgery.. like the stuff the doctor will automatically give to you later.
So far... im gonna buy polysporin for my nose.. and i only know the doctor will give a cold compress pack. Can someone help with my list who that i know what to buy and what will already be given to me?

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the doctor should provide you a list...

off the top of my head, this is what i needed:

-straws
-some kind of polysporin/bactracin ointment
-extra pillows to elevate head
-cotton swabs
-hydrogen peroxide
-cold packs
-tylenol extra strength
-stuff to entertain yourself with while you're healing, e.g. DVDs, books
-stock up on food and beverages
-arnica

and which ones did u get free from the doctor and which ones did u have to buy for yourself?

no pain or discomfort, just noticed more mucus which I clean out with a cotton swab. what kind of discomfort do you get?

hi there me again. i am lucky enough that i have the support of my sister and bf who both want to come with me- although i must admit it took a long time for them to be OK with it. can u send me some pictures of before and after the surgery to my email [email protected] please.

also, in hind sight now that you are 6 weeks post op, are you truly happy and would you do it again?

Vivibee, are your nasolabial lines many little lines, or do you have longer lines? Also, how deep are they?
I think the combination of winter dryness and using Cellex c serum dried out that area near my nose. I've always noticed that the area near my nose goes in a bit so more cellex c sits there and during the winter that area dried up but I ignored it and now I have little lines there. I am not going to use cellex c anymore but will just moisturize the area, hoping that it will go back to normal.
I've been reading up on vitamin c serums/creams and how if they already come oxidized, you can be actually hurting your skin than helping it, because you'll be essentially adding a free radical to your skin. Vit C is not stable and often it may already have been oxidized inside the bottle. You can usually tell if the liquid turns from clear to brownish but since some companies (like cellex c) add an amber dye to the liquid, you can't even tell if it's already been oxidized. Also, I don't know about other vit c serums or creams but vit c cellex c serum stings a bit when you put it on your face, which isn't so pleasant. It stings like a ***** when your skin is dry.

^ i know how you feel, actually iif you want a vitamin cream i suggest vitamin E not C. My lines actually varies... LOL. meaning varying it deepness, again its about the amount of pressure i sleep, sometimes i sleep on my bf so its a harder surface. I dont have MANY lines.. if u had many lines then thats pretty strange. I only have ONE line and sometimes its deep and sometimes its not. It from my nose down to the bottom of my lip in a C shape. My bf told me that its been getting dark around my mouth area too which is bazarre but yes i agree with you because i DO tend to have drier skin in that area. Now im just really confused, i switched creams and i stopped using my BB cream. Its getting better. =D

Vivibee I've stopped using vitamin C and now I'm just using vaseline. It works great and hopefully the chapped/dry wrinkly part near my nose will go back to normal.
Did you know that wrinkle CREAMS are essentially really expensive, fancy moisturizers? And the strongest moisturizer I know is vaseline (petroleum jelly). If you put lots of vaseline on before you sleep you can prevent wrinkles you get from sleeping. Sure you won't be getting "vitamins, minerals" or whatever, but as for moisture and protection, it's great.

^thanks for the tip

BTW i really wanna know something. Doctors do not provide the cold compress ice pack..... Im wondering when u buy your own.. where do u keep it? Since in the hotel they do not have refrigorator in the room..?
plz dont tell me i need to go out every day to FIND a new cold one ...7 cold packs.. omg

Vivibee i don't know about the hotel room. I just went home afterwards (I got a ride because I felt SOOO sleepy). I'm sure hotels have a freezer compartment in the fridge.

don't remember his name but he sent me photos. i thought he looked great even though he hated his new look. you can go back and search from around the summer

vivi_bee -

hotels normally provide mini-bar fridge - thus you need not worry abt cold compress. however, after 3rd day, the doc will advise to switch to hot compress & that's alittle troubling as there is no microwave or stove to heat up the hot compress (unless you stay in the service apt). you might need to think of some way to heat up the compress.

i have seen in the taipei night market(shilin) where this store sold compress that can heat up on its own - there is this small silver clip inside the compress & you just need to click on the clip & the compress will warm/heat up quickly.

HTH!

wow thank u so much!
Actually i heard none of the doctors actually give u cold compress... they only "Advise you" to get one.
The hotels i looked at look really cheap... (30USD a daY) so i dount they are gonna have mini fridge...
I think i will look for a hot compress over here.. since i heard there is one u just shake it and it will warm up... i never knew we had to use a hot compress later on... never heard of that before... Is it really neccessary? I know the cold on is a MUST to help swelling.

How many cold compresses u guys went thru? Or did u just buy 1 and it lasted all week?