BeautyHacker

Thanks for sharing your experience. I considered Dr. Yap and Dr. Lansangan before during my 'early research days', but after so much research, let's just say I heard a lot of not so good stories about both of them. In another forum, I heard that a lot of Dr. Lansangan's patients had to get a revision because of breathing problems...scary! I also know that Dr. Lansangan has PR's pretending to be satisfied patients and go on different forums raving about him. I've read the PR's posts on this other forum, and someone actually had called her out and had proof that she was a PR. So taking that into account and hearing about the horror stories really had me discouraged and even scared to even consider him. Not sure if all the stories are true, but that's good enough to have me 'stay away'. Dr. Yap, on the other hand, aside from his outrageous prices for paying for the Belo name, it really does seem like he makes the bridge too high. I've seen some pics of his work, so I definitely see a trend. From what I've seen, we really don't share the same idea of beauty nose-wise, so I've pretty much eliminated him from my "possible" list of doctors. I live in the U.S. and planning to go to the Philippines to get a rhinoplasty done within the next couple of months. I actually wanted to get it done late last year but had to wait because of schedule conflict. So I've actually been doing research on rhino and all the docs in P.I. since then. I would say there are a lot of good and reputable docs there, so so many to choose from! But there are also those that I would think twice about.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AHHH dr chuang just messaged me with a good price for nose surgery..

now im hesitating for dr chuang or dr kao.....@_@

can i please have Dr chuang's before and after picture site? i wanna see his nose jobs

girls, it has been three days after my rhino. I must say, that this is the worst feeling ever! I was and am still in very much pain. I have had other surgeries as well and it is not even close to how i am feeling right now. My head constantly hurts and my mouth/throat is so sored due to breathing.
I have been cleaning my nose twice a day with hydrogen peroxide and saline nose spray. The first day i got home from surgery i threw up twice. Coughed up mucous and blood.
but the swelling is slowly going away.... i just want to get out there and be myself again

RedBenz I hope you feel better very soon. Just rest up and take it easy...Drink cool water to help your throat and keep hydrated. Sleep lots.

hey redbenz which doctor did u have and what did he perform on you?

Were u under GA? ...because im gonna be under GA and i HATE the feeling of throwing up.........i reallly do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How long did it take for your nose to finally get to it's "final" product? The less swollen i get the more I realize my tip isn't very defined at all. I don't know if it's bc it's still swollen or not but I'm worried bc i don't think i'm still swollen anymore. Im only about 2 weeks post op. I think my tip and nostrils seem to mesh together. I just don't really see a tip =/ i'm really worried. do you guys think i have reason to be or should i just wait and give it some time? i love my bridge and stuff but the tip is the main thing i'm kind of worried about.

^ who did your nose?

Thats the scary thing.. im sick of hearing doctors say "ur face doesnt suit pionty nose.." ....makes me thing the real reason is because they actually dont know how to do it.
WHo does more pionty nose dr kao or dr chuang?

Hi just a word of advice,usually great surgeons have complications because they do a lot of cases.As they say ,if you dont hear any complications from a surgeon it means either he has no patients or he is not a surgeon himself.

Even the likes of highly respected surgeons as Dr.Jack Gunter,Dr.Rod Rodrich,Dr.Dean Toriumi and even the famous Dr. Dong-hak Jung have a lot of problems posted in here.

So, if I were you, dont make an outright exclusion of these surgeons immediately. Cause chances are they did the most number of cases and you will have a better chance of achieving you dream nose :smile:

Have any of gotten a non surgical nose job done in the states? I'm thinking of going to Korea for the procedure (they call it "putty" surgery there) I don't have enough information as of yet to make any decisions but wondering what you guys think of it? I'm in my early 20s and a little scared of going under the knife...

If anyone knows extra info regarding this procedure, PLS pm me... THANKS! =)

Hi,

Anyone heading to Taipei from mid May to mid June 2009 for nose surgery/ rhinoplasty? I will be there for about 3 weeks to a month (just bought myself a 1-way air ticket!) and would like to find a buddy to share accommodation cost (serviced apartment) and companionship during the miserable recovery phase. E-mail me at [email protected].

OKAY so i know im going to taiwan for nose surgery...

BUT i realize the day before i head into surgery i wanna do hair removal and mole removal (actually i dont have moles.. its little freckle beauty marks)
Has anyone removed moles or done perminant hair removal in Taipei?
How much does it cost? Do i have to see them frequently?