BeautyHacker

how much did shah quote you if you don't mind me asking?

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey people, i have a problem,

removed silicone implant and bridge looks broad. and its soft when u feel it like a sponge instead of what shd be hard bone

My nose looks like a rectangle instead of a nice triangle formation from the eyes to the tip

Im interested to know what u mean by scar tissue?

i understand that when u insert a implant a capsule is form naturally by our body.

This capsule is like a pocket of when removing the implant, this pocket of space remains

Any idea is this permanent? any way to rectify this?

im thinking the only way is to replace a new implant to fill the pocket

also its been 8mths post op for me

Thanks, mkryu!
Asin, no problem. I haven't gone in for an actual consultation yet. I only e-mailed him my photos. But when I spoke with him on the phone, he gave me an estimate of $4,000 to $5,000. He said my nose job would be a mix between an asian and caucasian nose job because my bridge is pretty high for an asian nose. So I'd just be refining the tip and making the nose slimmer. He said if it was a more typical asian nose job, the price would have been $7,000 to $9,000.

so you removed the implant 8 months ago and your nose is still soft and spongy?? i removed my implant 4 months ago and my nose no longer feels soft and spongy. it did for the first few weeks. it was still swollen and my skin was shrinking to wrap around the structure of my nose without the implant. its left behind scar tissue that makes my nose look wide, but it doesnt feel soft.

so i take it you're not getting nasal augmentation, meaning you won't need to use rib grafting or anything like that? may i ask how will he go about refining your tip and making it slimmer? is he going to remove cartilage?

I didn't get a chance to talk with him on the phone for very long. He said if I wanted to augment the bridge a little, we could, but it wouldn't be by much as he didn't think it was necessary. I'm not sure how he will go about refining the tip or making it slimmer. It probably will include removing cartilage. But we only very briefly spoke about what I didn't like about my nose, and not very much about the process. Pretty much, I'm sort of okay with the bridge, but I want my nose to look smaller and less wide!

Hi, apologies but what is meant by scar tissue?

Does that occur in all ops? and if it makes it look wide i assume its not bone so why isnt it soft?

Also, im wondering if the length of implant in the body plays apart too.

mine was on for 4yrs. how about u?

Hey guys, I'm thinking about going to Taiwan for a nose revision in early Aug, maybe even late July, anyone here interested in going there around that time, we could share the hotel room, i am a female.
Dr.Tseng is the surgeon.
http://www.drtseng.com.tw/contentbypermalink/a0f50ac57f7559385499048f9c7da314#unid_1186d8ee192368bb07a94f505238a79d

i had 2 different implants put in over the course of 4 months, then i took it out.

i don't fully understand the scar tissue either... i don't know if it's on my skin, or if it's in the underlying tissues. i believe it's the underlying tissues. a "capsule" is formed when the silicone implant was put in, and the capsule remains when the implant gets taken out.

on dr. chuang's site, he mentions removing this capsule and scar tissue in a revision, and has a picture of the removed capsule/scar tissue which looks like a red strand.

http://www.wishclinic.com.tw/service_a3-12_en.htm

this site talks about scar tissue that is formed on the nose after surgery and has pictures

(warning: graphic) http://www.facialsurgery.com/ClkoffTPgt3_2011_10_01mh.html

Hello.. :biggrin:
Would like to ask you all for suggestions..
I am intending to photoshop my nose and show to my plastic surgeon what I would like to achieve.. (of cos, the modification on the photoshop won't be a dramatic one so as not to create an overly-optimistic change)..

Do you all think it's okay?

hi ala,
im planning to visit philippines this july...the reason is to have noselift..can u recommend me a good doctor? actually, i'm reli scared dat it might not goes well..can u help me to find a good surgeon? pls..pls..i would reli appreciate it..tnx in advance..
to red_benz i skip some pages i didnt knw dat ur op didnt goes well..
pls...someone outder can give me an honest answers whose doctor is d best for rhino!!!!! cuz i reli dont hav money for revision heheheh!

What do you guys think of Tokyo? There is Akai clinic, Mega-Clinic, Plaza Clinic, Masaki Clinic. Japanese are known for perfection and precisions. It maybe expensive there but I cannot afford a revision. $6000 is my maximum budget including food, hotel and the operation. Does anyone know where Japanese celebrities go? I am now afraid to go to Korea because of horror stories.

I emailed OZ clinic with my pictures. He did a computer simulation. He elongated my nose, augmented my chin, and augmented my forehead. Am I ugly for life? However, I like both chin and nose augmentation and it will cost me about 5k. But have 3 procedures is way crazy and out of my budget. Simulation is nice though but he did not augment my nose because I have a medium bridge in the picture. Nose elongation is the hardest part of rhinoplasty. If you have a tight skin, the result will be limited. I think I have a tight skin and small nasal tip. Sad :sad:

Atleast, I'm not fat.