BeautyHacker

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm wondering if anyone has went to undergo Rhinoplasty and came out
having a DRASTIC change?
Ppl say most rhinoplasty are natural/subtle and end up going for second surguries.
And ppl say even if u do surgery u end up looking like yourself anyways.

So im wondering if anyone went in and came out with like a different nose and didnt need a 2nd nose job

hey you might want to count me in, have done research and i am going to have calf surgery if the oz clinic can accomodate me mid august, cost wise around 70 dollars a night at the yong dong hotel which arranges pick up and transportation to and from clinic, i imagine around 30 dollars for meals per day, plane fare is approximately 1300 depending on dates of travel (now if there are ten or more, we can get a discounted price to qualify for group travel) then the cost of surgery, i plan to stay around 21/2 weeks i know they ask at least 14 days but if anything goes wrong, you do not want to come back after damage is done, i want to make sure that all is well before i fly back to georgia US, let me know guys. m scared and excited about the upcoming change

Hey jjrav

Has your nose settled much since surgery?
I'm 19 days out from rib grafting to bridge and tip. The bridge part is way too high, it looks unatural and doesn't blend at the moment. It's also sitting crooked down my nose, however my surgeon says it's "asymmetrical swelling". He also says I'm still seeing swelling, but honestly, the rib graft is becoming more obvious as swelling goes away!
I am having the same reaction as you. I'm worried that I'll be going back in 12 months to have it resized a little lower.
I paid $10 000 US to have this done by one of the best! Now I feel disfigured.

Anyone who's had rib grafting - please let me know if it settled!!!!!!!!!!!!

^

i call that drastic

but sometimes thats not a bad thing eh? Your nose will turn to be thin and pionty! its better then those who come out natural and there is barely any difference you know? Who is your surgeon! i prefer that. I seriously been seeing ppl coming out of surgery and there nose is still bulbulous and clearly they did not do nostril reduction cuz there base is still wide.

rib definitely takes time to settle and resorb... the bridge should look lower over time. where did you have your nose done? i'm looking for a doctor who uses autologous grafting.

Hi everybody!

Hmm, I don't know what to start with. This thread is huge. Ok, let's start with the fact that I live in Belgium and that I am Vietnamese. So, before my nose job (done by dr. Lansangan from the Shimmian Manila Surgicenter in the Philippines), I had a quite flaring nostrils and a bulbous nosetip. As I live in Europe, I thought it was very hard to find a skilled surgeon specialized in Asian rhinoplasty, so to make a long story short, I found this dr. Lansangan, who used to be an apprentice of dr. Jung. Basically, I was very impatient to have this nosejob done, and the result of my impatience is that I ended up with the nose I did not want at all!

Now I have a crooked nose (due to a shifted Gore-tex implant), the nostrils are too narrow and the tip is bloody hard. Besides, the nosebridge is too high and long (5mm augmentation).

The question is: where can I find a skilled surgeon (wherever he is on earth) that would be able to remove the GORE-tex implant and restore my bridge (hump included) without deforming or damaging my nose too much?

The surgeons in Europe kindly refuse are seem reluctant to remove the implant. One Belgian surgeon said that it was easy to remove the implant, but according to what I have read so far, it doesn't seem easy to remove at all!

For those who want to have a look at the pre-op and post-op pics, let me know.

can you show me some pics.. I personally know of 3 friends who went under Dr. Levi Lansangan of Shimmian Manila and they all suffered from septal deviation with Goretex. good thing they had it revised now by a different surgeon.

I hope you can find solutions to your concerns soon.

Hi Rioizphils!

Here are the pics (pre-op and 7 months post-op).

http://picasaweb.google.com/elebatagaru/7MoisPostOp?feat=directlink

http://picasaweb.google.com/elebatagaru/PreOp?feat=directlink

Can you tell me about your friends' stories? Are they happy about their revision? Which surgeon did they go to for correction? I would like, if it is too much trouble for you, ask them myself about the details. :smile:

I'll ask them if I can give u their email addresses. for sure they'll do. They all had septal deviation which means the other nostril cant brathe like the other one anymore. and the main complaint was too high.

I think you look really good with the higher nose. To me, it really goes well with your face. I barely even noticed the crooked implant until I looked at the photo carefully and even then the shifted implant is not distracting... and I'm sure most people don't notice either. Sometimes imperfections make operated noses look more natural. My friend also examined your photos and he agrees that it makes your nose look more natural. He also likes your new nose.:smile:

Having said that, I definitely feel that you should do what makes you happy and what you are comfortable with. Have you considered Dr. Jung in Korea to do your revision?

ITA! :smile: i think u look great! wouldn't have even thought u've had surgery, if i met u on the streets i would probably just be jealous of your nose:P

Its been like 3 years now since my surgery with Dr Chuang.

I thought I give some updates. Have no problems with the surgery however there is mouth restrictions and chin restrictions somewhat with the chin implants. So if you are a singer then you might find your vocal tone changing...

Anyways these are recent pics of me.

As you can see the bridge has settled down and if you saw older pics of me you will notice I look less manga...

Oh the dog is my new puppy its a toy poodle his name is P.Diddy he is 2 months old ^^

[​IMG]

[​IMG]