BeautyHacker

IS anyone having problems/difficulty with making there scar disappear?

Can anyone ACTUALLY say that their scar is "un-noticable?" What product did u use? Cuz it seems like so far everyone still showing their scar.. (pardon my english)

Also... more importantly.. using rib cartiledge.. the scar is there forever and never fades right??? I havent seen pictures of someone lifting up their shirt to see.. and too be honest.. im quite afriad to look.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually dr hsu is the more 'popular' doc if you read the taiwanese fashionforum (tons of info in there abt PS docs if you can read chinese).

dr kao has only gotten more 'publicity' in a particular forum recently & more pple are going to him because there are more post-op feedbacks this yr that were posted from dr kao's patients.

vivi_bee - you must be informed that you will bear this scar for life if you are going to use your rib. however, you can be assured that dr Kao cuts a very small neat scar (about 3-4cm), & it is just right underneath the bustline (scar cant be seen if you wear a bikini top/bra). Please note this is Dr Kao's work I am talking about.

I have seen pictures of quite horrid scars from another USA PS forum where patients' scars are long & diagonally across the rib area. So I suppose different doctors create different scars.

hi, can you link me to the taiwanese fashion forum?? i want to read more about the two doctors!

are you from taiwan and do you know anyone who has been to either doctor? who do you think is better from what you have observed? do you know who has been doing surgery for longer?

thanks.

oh wonderful.... now the scar will look like i got a breast implant yet im still size A boobs.. lol.... So far, neither doctors talked about the scar.. im guessing its one of those scars that is your skin color.. not a "turn brown" scar... i dunno if anyone knows the difference but i have scars and it looks "faded" and is the same shade as my skin tone.

Honestly... i'm always going back and forth to both these doctors, one day i'll decided "OK its Dr Kao since ive talked to him the longest.." and then the next day im like "oh wait.. i really like Dr Hsu.."

Why is it that a rib scar stays forever but a nose scar disappear?
Or am i getting wrong information, that actually nose scar will always be there too????

i dont have a typical asian nose but more like Caucasian. it is wide with bulbous tip. anyway i think it is ugly n not proportion with my whole face. anyone know which doctor good for my case since most docs mentioned here only for asian nose? i m thinkin bout korea but not sure what clinic. please help me out.

this is the website that you can search for more info about the 2 doctors - http://www.fashionguide.com.tw/

my friend went to Dr kao thus I am very familiar with him. She also enquired with Dr hsu (Dr Hsu's fees were cheaper), but was not impressed with Dr Hsu's 1 sentence reply in his 1st email back & subsequent non-replies to other emails (it appeared he had too many patients & was fully booked for many months, & thus never replied back to enquiring emails). On the other hand, Dr Kao was very detailed & prompt in his replies, thus she felt very comfortable & decided on Dr Kao.

She said Dr Kao has been around longer than Dr Hsu (young doc, few yrs but tons of patients so he has sufficient track record in autologous rhino).

Do read the taiwanese forum as there are tons of post-op review/feedbacks for this 2 doctors for your better judgement. HTH! :biggrin:

we cant answer about why the scar is different on the chest vs nose, the doctor should be able to answer this one.

my friend's nose scar is almost non-existent today.

as for her chest, it is a flat scar (lucky she do not have tendency for keloids), scar is still brown. but apparently it should fade to a light pink, white scar after a yr or so. I guess it also depends on one's skin & how it takes scars.

Out of curiousity, other than narrowing the bones, would fracturing the nasal bones raise the nose (including dorsum)?

Hi ladies, this is my first time posting in this thread but I've been following it on & off for some time and learned a lot from everyone here. I am wondering if using rib cartilage is truly superior to using silicone? Even if the silicone is done by a well-known, well-trained PS? I've read up on the pros and cons concerning the possibility of infection (silicone) and the possibility of a "stiff/hard" nose (from rib cartilage)......but then again silicone has been used for decades and its long-term effects traced and well-documented over time, while rib cartilage for nose is AFAIK still relatively new (no one really knows how a nose built by rib cartilage will change in a decade or 2-3 decades.....just not enough data out there?), so I'd really appreciate any advice from those who're much more knowledgeable than I am on this subject.

If one gets a silicone nose job and later decides to do revision w/ rib cartilage, is it going to be much harder than if the person never had anything done to begin with? Ideally, of course, I only want to get one procedure done on my nose and not have to worry about revision.....but still want to get an idea of what will happen.

Also, has anyone gone to Dr. Eric Choe (in NYC) for their nose job? I just got my eyes done by him a few weeks back (still recovering, but so far based on what I'm seeing each day and what I experience, gotta say he did a fine job and produced pretty much exactly what I wanted, let's hope it lasts!). He is well-known on soompi and other forums for doing fantastic blepharoplasty, but I haven't read any reviews of his nose jobs. He's very attentive to his patients' desired specifications and very honest about his recommendations (he is definitely not one of those PS who tells a patient she needs to get a million things done on her face + body), so I have no qualms about going to him again (some ladies do the eyes + nose together but I'm too chicken to do them in one setting).......but Dr. Choe only uses silicone (he's been using it for decades) and does not recommend rib cartilage or goretex......so I have to research around and then make a more informed decision.

I'm also wondering which technique produces drastic results -- in terms of building bridge heigh -- on the Asian nose? I've seen the before/after patient photo galleries from the websites of a few highly recommended US docs on this thread.....and honestly most of the results aren't that appealing to me (and that's telling me something, if what they post in the galleries is representative of their "best" work). Many of the before/after photos look like nothing was really done (IMHO).....and those are not the looks I'm hoping for. When I got my eyes done, I opted for a small fold, a more conservative cut b/c my eyes were not that small to begin with, but my nose is an entirely different story......I definitely want a lot of (not just a little) height added to the bridge, and what I do want to see is a significant difference (though still natural-looking nose). Dr. Choe said I won't need any work done on repairing bumps (no bone breakage needed) as my nose is pretty smooth, but what needs work done is the bridge....and probably also the tip.

Is rib cartilage grafting ideal for producing a "high" nose (bridge)?....or is that technique better-suited for minor modifications? TIA!

Hello ladies!
I'm a new member here and i'm seeking the doctor to do my nose surgery. So far i live in New York, so I would like to do it in New York. Anyone know if Dr Edmund Kwan is good at it? And also please recommend me some good doctors in New York area for Asian nose surgery. My nose is extremely Asian type: wide nose and flat brigde.
Thanks in advance. ^^

did he tell u WHY using rib cartiledge is not recommended? is it because he doesnt know how too?

Hey,

I got virtual pics from Park as well. And yes, I gave up Park because the outcome looked pretty fake... like M. Jackson's nose, indeed.

Hi there!

I had an open rhino. But it doesn't garantee any good results, tho, as you can see from my pics. On the other hand, the scar that results from the open technique is not really obvious. So, if I were, I wouldn't worry too much about open/closed.

I would definitely not recommend Jung. I've been under Lansangan, his former trainee, and the guy did a pretty bad job (too straight nose, but crooked due to badly placed implant, too high bridge, exaggerated projection, ...). Also, when I tried to contact Jung to report about his trainee's poor work and to ask his advice about a revision, I didn't get any reply from him.

Well said! Btw, I am writing my bachelor paper about Japanese beauty ideals and I've based it on a book called "Beauty up", written by an American anthropolist who's done some fieldwork in Japan. Thank God, she's been more subtle when talking about why Japanese want to look so or so. Anyway, according to her, (most) Japanese do not want to look like white people. Also, for having lived in Japan for about a year, I can tell you that some Japanese simply have Caucasian features (and I am not talking about the young fashionable girl that looks like a model, but middle-aged men, or old women, or whatever category of people, which means some people are just born with Caucasian features).