BeautyHacker

glad your nose is less swollen. did you get an L-shaped silicone implant the first time?

from your pic tho its hard to tell it seems to me you are still swollen so i would think in a few weeks you will be more happy with the results. your tip is the last to get definition (deswell) as the water all gets trapped there. it takes a while, up to 3 months i hear. tip work shouldnt result in a bulbous nose as they are not adding cartilage, just creating a strut so its probably just swelling from all the implants going in and out and water getting trapped.

i am extremely happy with my alar reduction. dr lee just nailed it! it made a huge difference. i dont know how many revisions he does but its not like you have a major revision, it would only be swapping out implants, no real reconstruction. but i think the minimum time you have to wait is 6 months. but i have a feeling by that time you will be more happy.

and i am really happy with the silicone. i got an I-shaped silicone. its got this nice sleek look and the ridge of my nose is even like a peak. its cool how the skin wraps around it. i just know that silicone in the future may have problems, but then again it may not. and because goretex is porous i imagine it would take longer for the swelling to go down as water gets trapped in the goretex.

believe me, a few weeks ago i was freaking out and was seriously considering a revision, not because i was unhappy with my bridge but because i was concerned about its affect on the epicanthoplasty i had, making it look stretched out. but dr lee told me it was just swelling. but i was feeling my nose and couldnt detect any swelling. i was sure it wasnt swelling. but sure enough, he was right. a few days later i notice my nose getting even more settled and the skin loosening, and it looked great. i was even picked up by this really hot caucasian woman a week later at a restaurant (never happened before ever!). moral is, you are swollen even when you dont think you are and just need to be patient.

whats even funnier is that i have been around like 15 aunts uncles and cousins plus my mom the past few days for the first time since surgery and no one has noticed (at least they have not said anything or given me funny stares). so between that and the hot woman, i figure i look a lot better but still natural which is what i had asked for.

best of luck with everything and just give it time.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you havent seen this yet, heres a discussion thread on shah. mostly positives with some skeptics. which pretty much sums it up.

Nose Surgery, Nose Job, Rhinoplasty Message Boards - Dr. Anil Shah in Chicago/NY reviews? Opinions? - Plastic Surgery, Cosmetic, Forums, Chats

Hi Pretty-Please,

In case you didn't get the pm... I sent you a msg but I think because you came to this site as a visitor, the link might not have worked...

Please pm me (click on my name on the post and it should provide you with a "send private message" link) because YES, I would love to chat with you too.

We can trade info and support! That's what these forums are for! I am in the same boat as you... flying in to Chicago. How long is your flight?

Oh! As for John1's posts, thank you! You are indeed helpful. HOWEVER, that MD rating was posted only 1 day after I announced that I was going to have surgery with Shah so I am HIGHLY suspicious of its authenticity. Whoever that person was, I think it was done in a mean-spirited way... most likely works for Shah's competition. If I was a person who had "bad" surgery outcomes with a doc, I would give a LOT more details (like other people have done on this forum) ... for example, the guy who created a whole blog to deter people from going to see that famous revisionist in Texas (don't want to mention any names and add to hype since who really knows what and how things went wrong)...not just a one line sentence!

I think we all have to realise that even with the most skilled surgical techniques, each of us have to deal with our own body's natural reactions and healing properties.... so yeah, things can go wrong but we can't always place the blame on the surgeon!

What I'm really concerned about is post-op complications and being so far away from my surgeon... even if he is VERY talented.

So.... please , ANYONE who's been overseas for an implant, give me details on how your flight went post-op and did anything go wrong and did you get help? Will another surgeon try to help me tape my nose if my implant or cartilages start moving?

Hi jennified,

I'm thinking about going to Korea on Aug 7th to shop around for a plastic surgeon for my rhino and blep. I was having so much doubts until i saw ur posts since I don't speak Korean. let me know if u are interested to go together.

@ FLAME,

Unfortunately, due to a policy enacted because of spammers or something, I can't pm until I've posted 5 times and 5 days have gone by :sad:...

Meanwhile, I'm getting even more nervous, hahaha...

You can email me: [email protected] !!! Can't wait to talk with you!

@ john1,

Thank you! I hadn't read through that one yet... I'm still so worried 'cause my friend's more worried about my safety etc. (She's actually pretty much background-checking him >_<, LOL! And she's worried 'cause of a few things or something >_<!) She's protective of me (and smarter usually, LOL!) so I don't know what to do...!

lol. your very lucky to have such a concerned friend! but try not to worry so much and keep your perspective. shah has been a topic of interest on various boards the past few months. i think the "best kept secret" and "emerging star" themes has people very interested. also, if you are looking for plastic surgeons that use natural cartilage there are not many to choose from, and if you want one that is not exorbitantly expensive, there are even fewer. so he fits a unique niche.

as far as i can tell hes a knowledgeable guy and the video testimonies are detailed and the results look good and he has had positive reviews on the boards. i would think if he was bad, there would be a TON of negative reviews on the boards by now given the tendency of people with bad results to post of boards.

he does a good job marketing (shows hes a good businessman too not just a doctor). some of his numbers dont add up to me but it doesnt mean they are wrong, just confusing. and if your friend can verify that he trained under toriumi. its always something people mention but i cant find that independently verified on the web and they went to different universities.

so on balance what i would conclude thus far is that hes a good surgeon and a good businessman who is just starting out so hes eager to be successful and that may explain some of the numbers.

but there is no free lunch. i imagine if his business grows then his prices will go up. so you are paying less while he is building his experience/clientele. no free lunch.

but more than anything, i think the most important thing is that he really knows how to work on asian faces (and by asian dont include indian or middle eastern) because most of the bad results i have seen are from inexperienced surgeons. this is even more important the more "complex" your procedures are. you can only figure that out once you meet him face to face.

and make sure if something doesnt feel right to you, that you dont go thru with it anyways just because you paid money. walk away from the money as its not worth it. i bet that he would refund the deposit too if you ask given how far you travelled.

he used to be affiliated/work at a spa in nyc called shizuka where he did a lot of botox. you may want to call them as a reference check.

best of luck and know that odds are that everything will be fine and you will look even better in just a few short weeks! :yahoo:

see my comments here
#

Hi, can you please let me know the full name (and/or website, contact info) for this Dr. Park in NY? I haven't heard of this particular doctor in all of my research so far and would be interested in meeting with him if he does goretex. I've heard of a Dr. Park at the OZ Clinic in Korea but no Dr. Park in NYC. TIA.

bah post requirement....could someone please help me pm jennified_ ( her post was back on page 431ish)and ask her to contact me at [email protected]? I'm gonna be in Korea in aug too, and I would really like to have some company since i'm gonna be in a stranger country. It's coming up in like two weeks, I don't have time to wait for few more days to pm.

in return, i'll post my trip/surgery experience there. thx guys

For most of clinics in Korea, can the doctors perform surgery on you soon after a consultation? or do you have to book the surgery about a month in advance?

I'm asking because I'm not sure which doctor to go to until I have meet him/her in person, and I can't stay in Korea for months:sad:

SOOOOO i emailed Dr Hsu... and apparently his rib cuts (incesions) are about 3cm thats pretty big... isnt Dr Kao's 1.5inches? much much smaller?

I also learned that septum does not warp, ear does not warp but might be irregular (what does he mean by that?) and using rib cartilage has 8% warping rate

Is irregular means like non-regular?! What does he mean but that?
Does that mean it might not look the way i want it too? or later on
in the future it might change shape?
:wondering

Hi,

A bit more about warping issues (which I also worried about and read up on):
I read on Dr Jung's website (Korea) that rib cartilage warps at 3 to 7% post-op. He had a pic of a guy with a rib implant that warped at 3 weeks post-op but he also went on to say most of his cases that warped were in his younger days when he didn't know so much about how to carve it properly.

Some doctors I consulted with says not to worry about warping so much since most warping occurs during surgery time and if it happens, they will not use that particular piece. It is more important to find a surgeon who has good technique and track record of patients that they followed longterm to see if any needed to be revised due to warping (to assess that person's technique). But like John1 said, sometimes price is very limiting because the more experienced surgeons often charge over $10,000.

About ear cartilage, I think the irregular shape issue is that it starts to give the nose a "pinched" look or other changes to the nose tip (where it is usually placed) when it's shape changes. It has a natural tendency to curl, I think...

Good luck and definitely read up more and ask every surgeon you consult with about this!

hey john~ thanks for your words of encouragement~! I really appreciate it. :smile: I've decided to just sit back and give my nose the time it needs to heal before thinking of more revision. It is so awesome that you are happy with your natural looking nose and that even your relatives can't tell. When I run into old friends, the first thing they say is "Hey something about your face looks different.." :confused1: lol I hope that I will be that satisfied in the future.

I just wanted to ask how long it has been since you got your rhinoplasty? I also got an epicanthoplasty at the same time, and was worried about the stretched looking appearance it gave to my eyes as well. It kind of makes my eyes look too close together? How are your eyes now? Thanks again for all your advice! :biggrin: