BeautyHacker

I've heard back from all three doctors that I emailed about autologous rhinoplasty now and it's so interesting as each and everyone has their own interpretation. Dr.Shah was the most conservative and said he needed only to use my septum cartilage for a 2-3mm increase, Dr.Kao actually thought Goretex would be better for my nose than rib since it's less complicated and I just need a straight forward augmentation(versus correction of a short or rotated nose, etc) but he suggested 3-4mm(although I sent him different pictures from the others just taken on my webcam so maybe that's why)... Dr.Hsu was the last to get back to me, he actually said 2.5-3mm was most amount needed and he didn't even think a chin implant was necessary.
Their prices are all about the same after I factor in hotel and flight costs (I'm based in the US)...I like their professional work and quality pretty evenly. I must say I like that Dr.Shah and Hsu were more conservative in their assessment and actually said certain things would be unnecessary for me whereas Dr.Kao just greenlighted every procedure I was interested in and even suggested advanced genioplasty. However, Dr.Kao was the most friendly and thorough in his email. Overall positive experiences consulting with them through email, and I appreciate their time.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, thought I had to share this photo.......ladies regardless of what implant you get (silicone, goretex, or autologous cartilage) be 100% certain your PS doesn't make a nose like this......Park Shi-yeon's new nose......that goes all the way up to her forehead.....

[​IMG]

Her old nose (and face!) was sooooo pretty.....granted that may likely have been an operated version as well......but why why why this completely unnatural new version?!

I had my consultation with Dr. Kwak today. I have to admit I was surprised at the type of office he has. Not what I expect from a plastic surgeon. It was really ****ty. So I was waiting to see him I already thought of fleeing. But I figure I was already there so might as well. His assistant is really nice. A lot nicer than Dr. Choe's.

Dr. Kwak took pictures of me for his computer simulation. I was really impressed by the computer simulation. And he spent so much time with me. Which was such a relief after my consultation with Dr. Choe. I think I talked to Dr. Kwak for a good 2 hours. We spent most of the time discussing my nose. But he didn't really show me that many before after photos. I don't know if it was because the patients themselves didn't give permission to show the photos or what. I didn't really see a nose that I was looking for from his photos. And I know I need a premaxillary augmentation because my midface has concaveness but it didn't seem like he wanted to do that for me. The bridge height that he wanted for me was very conservative, 3mm. But I told him that if I'm gonna go with this, I would like something higher. So he showed me how it would look like if it was 4-5mm, which I think is what would look better on me. And he suggested goretex for the bridge. For the eyes, I really liked his results actually. He had good tapered results. I liked that he agreed with me with the height of the crease that I wanted. Dr. Choe kept trying to push a higher crease height. And I don't know if Dr. Choe is good with the tapered crease. Dr. Kwak's stitches also looked very clean.

So my apprehension with Dr. Kwak: not sure if I trust him enough for my nose. And also, his assistant said that I'd have to wait 5 weeks in between to get my nose then my eyes? I find this very weird. And also I can't take off that much time from work, which was why I wanted to have both procedures done together. So that's my consult with Dr. Kwak. I'd have to say I'm really glad I consulted with him. Will I have my surgery with him? I don't know yet

are you getting an epicanthoplasty as well. if so, that may be the reason to wait 5 weeks. if not, then i dont see why you would need to wait. getting rhino and bleph at the same time is quite common. some also get epicanthoplasty as well, but i would advise to wait. thats a quick procedure anyways with a much shorter healing time as you can use coverup on the scar.

Hi Young princess,
I had premaxillary augmentation two years ago due to the midface concavess. But I removed it one years ago because it make me look weird. The implant strech out my face skin and changed the shape of my lip (make my lip wide and thin). but it doesn't improve my midface that much and the concavess still there. Please do more research before you get this done :smile:

My bridge too goes all the way up to my forehead, although less prominently.

Damn it! Nobody can go in November? I am going to check the airplane fares and get back to you. If December is not more expensive than November, I might join you.

Can anybody with any experiences with Dr Edmund Kwan or Dr Edward Kwak share them with me? I'm a male and I'm looking to have work done on the nose and chin. But there's a lot of mixed opinions on each (and every other doctor for that matter), and it's hard to know how reliable those opinions are. So I'd really like to talk to someone personally through email about their experiences, good or bad. If neither are recommended, is there one that you could recommend (preferably, but not limited to, the NYC area?)?

Thanks!
Vincent

if youre a male definitely go to charles lee.

If you don't mind me asking, who did your premax augmentation? Did you have it done together with a rhinoplasty? If so, do you think a rhinoplasty would be enough to mask that type of concaveness?