BeautyHacker

I don't think you can do eyelashes if you get double eyelid done... that's what they said on the other forum, and that's what Dr. Chuang told me but ... I don't know for sure though, and what Dr. Jong will tell you.

umm... I don't want to look more caucasian... I don't feel I look caucasian... I didn't tell the doc to make me look that way either.

green? must be bruising.
cold pack is for bruising and warm for swelling.. sounds like you need to still be on the cold compresses.

The eyelids will go down in due time...

The patience after the surgery in my opinion is the hardest part.

I feel like I have a duty to say this. If you get the eyelashes done, be prepared to HAVE to curl your lashes everyday. They are harder to curl than natural lashes and take more time... but they do look nicer... the trimming is no big deal.
And, Dr. Jong is AWESOME!

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

umm... the nose tip...
well, it feels a little more natural now... but I don't think it will ever be the way that it was before... I guess it will take 3 months to become a lot softer.... but I don't know what it will be like in the very end.

oh yea, and the eyelashes.. the next day... your entire eye area will be dark purple/blue... but after a week, all signs of surgery will be gone for the lashes... at least for me, it was this way... on the website that I posted, it says it may last for up to 3 weeks... but I can't imagine it taking that long... but who knows.
there is very little swelling with this procedure.
but coupled with double eyelid and epi, it's going to be pretty nasty looking... So, don't worry too much if you wake up the next day with a crazy look.

Take care!!!

So each eyelash does not fall out and die? And when u curl them... u use the Iron curler right? Do u need heat? Like a heat curler?

Can I also get more hair? (u know on my scalp)

ok... for most people the eyelashes will fall out within the first 2-3 weeks after surgery.

Then 6 weeks later, they start to grow again. It will be 6-10 months later when you can finally see the full results of the surgery.

Dr. Jong suggested that I get an eyelash perm... however, I don't want to do this.. as it is harmful to your lashes when done a lot and the hair will grow FAST meaning... I will have to perm it again and again... and cause more problems.
Now, I did buy a curler that is heated, but I don't want to use this too much either, because it too can be damaging if used too much.
I just use a mechanical one for the most part, AFTER I apply mascara many many presses, it will not work unless you press a lot and after the mascara...

I don't understand the last question: can you get more hair?
so I'll just try to cover the subject... 50 is what Dr. Jong can apply at one time. If you want even more... which most patients DO NOT opt for, they come for a second procedure a year later.
now... the hair is removed from an incision that is just a thin line. and then it is stitched up with a black thread that you will have to remove a week later from the doc. There will not be a small patch of head where there is hair missing. No one will know... there will be no scar on the back of your head.. and there won't be a scar on your eyelids.

For those of you who say that it is bad to use an eyelash curler after mascara is applied...
this may be true...
but I have always done it this way, and my eyelashes never were pulled out or damaged. just makes it easier to curl faster...
but with the implants, I feel it is impossible to curl without mascara or heat. And, I DO NOT have coarse hair. I actually have hair that is much thinner than most Asians but have a lot of it... a little thicker than average Caucasian hair... hope that gives an idea for those who are interested in this procedure.

Thank u Maskd2003.

I think I will get it done maybe next year... Until then, please keep us updated about ur eyelashes :tup:. I think I will do my eyebrows too... Can u also get more eyelashes on ur lower eyelids?

at one point of time during the surgery, it felt like he was putting hairs on my bottom lid... I asked him about it, and he was like, "What?!? no..."
so the answer is no... but I don't know if it's possible if you really want it.

BAD NEWS everyone... my parents found out im going to taipei instead of italy.. sob!! i made it all the way to chicago, 12 hrs on the greyhound for nothing. I had to cancel my ticket cause my mum was so upset there was no way i could just go.. im so depressed and dissapointed now

NO!!! ****!!! ...Ohh God... Im so sorry! Can't u just go and tell them u already have decided it?!!! **** ****... How did they find out??? Did they find a copy of ur fly ticket or something?! ... I feel SO sorry for u... Ur dreams were SO close to come true... Damn u r unlucky...

Hi Maskd2003.

I think it's cold pack for swelling and warm pack for bruising... Today I got my sutures taken out... it didn't hurt at all :wlae:

I feel SO sorry for Jessica! I have already told the nurse that a girl from Canada is coming and that the nurse should say hello from me... Jessica is so unlucky... I wish her parents have changed their mind now and let her go...

yea.. bad luck for her... she had to cancel her tix... but she says her mom agreed to her going in the future if she would be honest next time... so if anyone is going soon, she's looking for a buddy.

kel,

how's the swelling now?
yea... unfortunately, the eyes will kind of look really weird for a while unless you know how to put on makeup. you did the cut and sew method, yea?
otherwise, it only takes a week...

oh no shoe girl! what made it worse was that you was actually making that journey there!! Just reminded me of the time i was at school and I bought tickets to see a rock band and was gona go after school and mum also found out and went to school and dragged me out of class and say i cudnt go! She was also crying and everything, I was going to rebel and still go but its so hard to see your parents cry. What im trying to say is dont worry shoe girl I would have done the same, its just so dam difficult to proceed after they find out, dam how annoying!!

Hi Maskd2003 :smile:

The Dr. and the nurses told me that my face isn't really swollen... but it's bruising instead... Normally peps' face are swollen and not that bruising. Hehe... I think that's why I could tell that my tip was cute that early... hehe...
but my face will still "change" a lot, the Dr. said.

So now I have to do the warm pack thing... except the right eye... I have to do the cold pack thing on my right eye... cuz I got a quick revision today.

The Dr. told me that normally most people after the double eyelid operation have 10-20% of asymmetrical eyelids (u can't almost see the difference)... but because my face isn't really swollen, he told me that he could make it 100% symmetical... I think that most patients dont really think about the 10-20% asymmetrical thing after their face isn't swollen anymore... cuz u can't really see it... I don't know... maybe it's true what he says or maybe my operation wasn't "perfect"... It doesn't matter now... He still did a GREAT job! (It was SO sweet of him... cuz he REALLY had many patients and it was over 9 o'clock in the evening... they close 9 o'clock... so he told me that I could wait and then he will fix my right eye... I waited for two hours!)

I did the cut and sew method... I still think that my eyes are too big... Hopefully because I did my operation last week... hopefully!

Concerning my nose... everything was good :tup: However, my brigde will still change a lot.

I smalltalked with the nurse while she was removing my sutures... and I told her that I maybe wanted eyelash implant... and she told be a bit about it and so on... then I mentioned u... a girl from the states who had eyelashes done by Dr. Jong and Rhinoplasty by Dr. Chuang... she remembered u... hehe... so funny :yes:. But... she actually told me the same things as the girl from the shop... She told me that eyelashes which are implanted were more "deadly"... that's why peps who have done it, normally have to get "refill" every year... but maybe they explored a new tecnique when u got ur lashes done
??!! Cuz if the Dr. told u that u dont need refill... then it might be true.:yes:

What did the dr. tell u?

"BEST WISHES FOR JESSICA"