BeautyHacker

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, I can speak Korean though I don't understand some adults sometimes. I always speak it with my family so I think I can get by in Korea.

I'm scared to go alone but if I go this year I don't think anyone can go with me. Scary :wtf:

Hi Kimosa,

May i know which clinic you intend to consult in korea?

Kimosa,

It sounds like you will be fine going by yourself. there are gals who go to Korea that don't even know Korean... that's weird to me... I don't know how they do it.

you never know... maybe it will work out when you go see the doc in Texas and tell him what happened?

Actually, I don't want to deal with this doctor anymore. He is like the worst doctor and doesn't take his time with you. Once he fixes me up, I'm getting my nose fixed in Korea.

Anyone plan on going this year to Korea, let me know! I don't want to go alone if I don't have to :smile:

I've heard lots of bad stuff about BK too... rude and busy type of clinic.

There's a girl on the other forum that got her nose infected at BK. The doctor refused to take care of her afterward. She had to go to other docs to get it resolved.
Also, they say that he ups the price and adds all these fees once you show up there. eeks!

And, lastly, since you prefer goretex... there are rumors (maybe not true) that he puts silicone no matter what you request or pay for...

I've heard nothing but good things about Dr. Jung... he also does free revisions too... but his nose job is 4000.. and add that with air tics and hotel stay... quite a bit for a nose. But, I'm sure this is worth it, since you know how to speak Korean.

Hi kimosa,

On this 5th Nov, me and 3 of my friends will be travelling from Singapore to korea to have our surgery done at BK Clinic by DR Kim. We will be enchancing of eyes and nose.

If you don't mind you can join us for consultantion, as for why we are chosing Dr Kim is he's very reputable and he's also my bf bestfriend.

If the doctor tells me to wait I can go in November. But do you have an email address for him so I can ask him what to do or when I need to get it fixed?

I have been emailing him the past few days and I get no replies so that makes it hard for me to plan. :s

I'm planning on going to korea for my eyes in the fall (oz clinic)! I'll be going alone..and my korean is limited. When are you planning on going Kimosa?

edit:nvm...you posted right before me! hehe.

actually @oz clinic, they do a little snip at the mongolian fold and stitches are in for about 6 days. but after that, you can go out in public looking pretty normal! dr. meronk does the z-cut for the procedure, which is known to be difficult

but u'r right, some ppl suit this procedure and others dont! the dr will let you know

I could understand as there have been a few negative publicity attempts on Dr. Kim. It is a bit difficult to be too humble when you are what he is. But, I would say he is more authoritarian than rude. And he gets down to the point and he wouldn’t get engaged in a lengthy conversation.
Regarding the girl on the other forum that got her nose infected at BK, this sounds pretty serious and I wonder how she hasn’t gotten sick from it for a year. She should have gone back and ask Dr. Kim about her result. Dr Kim will do amendments for free if you are not satisfied with a result.
Why out of all the doctors they only target Dr. Kim? If Dr. Kim is as bad as they claim to be, why is Dr. Kim the most successful plastic surgeon in Korea , possibly, in whole Asia ? In return, they are praising all these less known doctors. ? Are other doctors so good and never had any complaints on them before? If we dig out, I am 100% sure that we can find even worse stories on their doctors. But, we don’t want to do that. I look at it as clear attempt of undermining Dr. Kim, either out of jealousy or promoting their own doctors.
It is not right to allege other doctor of doing this and that wrong. We should stop negative publicity

Hi Kimosa,

You e-mail Dr Kim already? or are you refering to Dr Jung?
If you are talking about Dr Kim, normally he would reply you in few days time. This is my e-mail address :[email protected] do drop me a mail if you got more query.

First, I do not wish to offend anyone.

The girl who got the infection went through a series of antibiotic treatments. This eventually resolved the issue. or she could have even been an overly whiny individual. who knows...

Jang, this stuff may be true, it may not be. I personally don't know.
Either way, I don't think it's wrong to repeat what I have heard. This is an internet forum.

You know, I'm POSITIVE he has amazing skills, but some have suggested that he doesn't give enough attention and aftercare to every patient.

Also, Dr. Kim is not the only doctor that has been attacked.

Either way, I wish you the best. I know this is a sensitive matter since you have a relation to this doctor and are going to him.

post care is almost as important as the surgery itself to me, so even if a doctor is very good and then doesnt give a monkeys after when something was wrong id feel worse. You want to be reassured that your ps is going to plan after the surgery and thats when you need the most support as its pretty traumatising stuff, and alot of people go though weird stages of 'accepting' themselves. The last thing you want is a doctor to brush you off... :sad:

oh have u guys and gals heard of Dean Toriumi, MD? hes in Chicago, im surprised no one from US is considering him? I got him from the other forum... my god the singapore fourm soooo long.. i need a day to read through! any thoughts? mind u from his web site theres no alot of asian candidates...