BeautyHacker

If you have a lot of muscle in your jaw area, I'd recommend radiofrequency instead of botox. Instead of lasting only up to a year, radiofrequency is permanent. I did botox three times but got sick of going back and spending so much money each time. I did it at BK but a lot of Korean doctors do it. You'll look like you have chipmunk cheeks for about 1-2 weeks but it'll start to get smaller after that.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

harajukugal, yeahh I do speak Chinese! I plan to go around end of the year too! Haha I'm just a poor student here so I definitely need time to save up! Thanks for sending me imjase's link too!

Yeahh I agree with you, maskd2003. The aftercare for imjase was SUPERB. I think I might stay in Taiwan for a longer period of time since it's like, safer/better? Deja Vu seems kind of expensive if I do stay for longer than 2 weeks though...

I have done my rhinoplasty with a Vietnamese doctor in the states. I heard about him from a Viet coworker. He was trained in Asia, and his English is not very good, which makes me comfortable to find an Asian doctor, who really knows what Asians really want. It was a success, but I'm not quite satisfied with the result. He simply raised the height of my bridge, but he didn't do anything to the tip of my nose. So, the tip still looks wide and round. If anything I can call him, I would call him "Doc. No" On my consultation day, I showed him the pictures of the actress I like, and asked him if he could give me a nose like that, he just waved his hand, and said no. He said it wouldn't look nature on me to have such a high nose(which means he can make my nose very high, but won't look nature). I insisted wanting that kind of high nose, he said that I didn't have enough skin on my nose, and if it would rip my skin once he put too much implant in it. So, he contradicted himself. First, he said he could do it but it wouldn't look nature, then he said he couldn't because there wasn't enough skin. Anyways, My nose only looks good under certain light, which makes my nose look high. But if I keep looking at myself in the mirror, I'm not too happy about the difference. I have gone to him for many other consultations since he is the only Asian doctor I can find in the states close to where I live. I asked him if he can do a liposuction on my cheek to reduce my baby-fat, then he said I didn't have any fat, it was just facial muscle, and he can do nothing about reduce the mucle. Then I asked him about the double-eyelid surgery for the first time, he said he could make it big, and the second time I had no idea why he contradicted himself again by saying my bone above my eyes was too low that he couldn't make my eyes too big, and also told me there was a way to reduce the facial mucle by sucking some fat out, but he didn't do that kind of surgery. The only thing about him that really drives me crazy is that he doens't speak English at all, and I find myself hard to express what I want with him. He always seemed to want me to leave the office. Afterall, I want to thank him for what he has done, it did make my nose look a lot better, and I'm no longer afraid of pictures. My question is that if I can do a second rhinoplasty to increase the height of my nose without taking the first implant out. I think you guys can definitely find those rare Asian doctors in the states. Those ones can be rarely found online since they are in the states. You don't need to go all the way to Korea to do it. Just ask around, make more Asian people, and see what they can tell you. Ok, will anyone help me? Can I have another rhinoplasty?

I think they would have to take out the current nose in order for them to give you a higher nose. Not sure though so best ask the doctor about that.

I'm sure there are good Asian doctors in the states. I don't know of any that has raving reviews over here like the ones in Korea and since I'm getting a revision done, I'm going to have to get it right the next time or I'll be in another big mess. :wtf:

i know that dr. yang at jelim clinic does bone shaving. while i was there, there were a lot of women walking around with their head all bandaged up after the jaw surgery >_<

www.jelimps.com i kno that dr. yang is a credible doctor, not the best bedside manner tho... ive had work done by him

lvluv, what did you have him do? I heard that jelim is quite famous for bone shaving too. Apparently Dr. Yang wrote alot of medical reports on bone shaving etc. But I'm not so sure about his post op care since I haven't found anyone who did at his place before. And as cost is a factor, it's really hard to decide as it's not listed on his site, and I'm not living in Korea now so it would be expensive and troublesome to give him a call too.

hi aznddalgi! i had double eyelid surgery done by him (non incisional method) when i went to korea 2 summers ago. but sorry, i know nothing of his postop care. his office wasnt friendly. also.. i got ripped off~!! my procedure is about ~1200 at other highly renown clinics but he charged $3000 T_T so be careful!

kimosa,
yea, I agree with you about the 3000...

haha... but you want to hear something funny? I got non incisional 4 years ago for 65 USD. And, it turned out perfect until recently when it got a little too small for my taste.
I don't remember if I mentioned this, but I got epicanthy with Dr. Chuang z-method (no scar), and it made the fold smaller because I didn't want to do double lid again with the epi because I wanted my eyelashes done on that trip...

oh.. btw, that was in China countryside... you know it's scary... it was probably with unlicensed people, but it really turned out perfect...
And, I'm pretty sure they weren't licensed, because I don't think they gave me anesthetic cuz I felt EVERYTHING... pretty painful...

You guys probably think I'm crazy now.. but the clinic was recommended by family...

And, no, I don't remember the clinic anymore... sorry.

My goodness, you should be glad you came out of it alive and most of all with nice looking eyelids!

Well I'm going in today to get my stitches taken out again. Hopefully he doesn't pinch my nose too hard with those sharp tweezers again. Last time my skin started bleeding the size of a dot when he did it and it hurt. :crybaby:

Hey girls!

I posted my before pics of my eye... thought you might want to see the work of a Chinese gal who charged 65 dollars! haha...
Actually, it looked a lot better before as the crease was slightly higher until it fell just recently... It's been 4 years since the encounter with the illegal doctor... omg... I'm so dumb... but my mom was with me, so I wasn't worried... haha

www.winkiss.blogspot.com

hopefully, I'll add a good after pic sometime next month???