BeautyHacker

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks!!!

yea... I guess according to Chuang he could have been even more aggressive with the epicanthy. He only pulled it very little because my face wouldn't look as balanced if it was too much, but I'm glad... because I think if he did it even for .5 mm more, my eyes would look too close together. It takes 2-3 months also for your eyes not to seem too close apart sometimes...

oh the eyelashes, I'm kind of abnormal... the results aren't supposed to show so quickly.... American doc says have to wait 6 months till you see the results... Dr. Jong told me 4 months... I've been seeing it pretty darn well for the last 2 weeks? It's been 2 months, btw... So, I don't think this is normal, so anyone who is silently reading and hasn't gotten theirs in yet, don't feel discouraged... My lashes right now... only like 5 of them (on each eye) have extended my natural lash length, but my lashes are super thick cuz the others are seeding out!

They're a ***** to curl though... too damn thick, and tilted downwards more than my natural lashes! But, it's kind of fun, you can cut them in different fashions, like long all the way throughout and curl for wide doe like look... or longer at the outer half and curl less for a more mature look.

must be annoying if their tilted downwards! If someone was to have eyelash implants done and its planted really badly what happens? do you have to go back to the doctor and cut out the implant again?

My lashes are tilted slightly downwards... it's not too big of a deal.. it's the best that any doctor can do since I have straight hair. Natural lashes, even Asians have a slight curl upwards.

If you get a doctor that does it wrong... I don't know what happens... but that would suck.

I did my official consult today. One of the city newspapers were there and they interviewed me about the procedure... Anyway, it turns out that the doctor performs this from 150-200 times a year, according to the journalist.... so I'm really comfortable now. Plus, a guy came in for his 1 week postop, and he showed me his eyes. Pretty natural already, but the doc said that he had healed unusually quickly.

I'm going in in two weeks. Pictures will be up in a month?

just doing double eyelids. it's 1600... I already did epi with Dr. Chuang.

This is going to be the last thing that I'm going to do until I get old. haha...

Here's my ps timeline:

4 years ago: nonincisional double eyelid:$65

2 months ago
travel costs to Taiwan not including surgery: $2000
nose $1800, epi $300 (dr. Chuang)
eyelashes $900 (dr. Jong)

in two weeks:
partial incisional double eyelid $1600 (Dr. Kim)

Who is a Dr. Kim in the US?