BeautyHacker

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm not quite sure how much rib he harvested from me. the next time i see him i'll ask him for my medical records.

for one thing, my ribs are throbbing in pain. it doesn't hurt when i lie down but when i try to exercise the muscle or when i try to get up from bed it hurts. the pain is slowly going away. right now as i'm typing away i have to keep my right foot on the chair to support my ribs.

summerskin, congrates again!!thank you for telling us here, we all need that infor pretty bad.update your news ok?man, you must be super rich!! how was your original nose? was it really really flat with no bridge at all?I'm sure you will be extremely happy when the bandage is off. rememeber the picture in his web site?the girl's nose looks completely different before and after she did the surgery.well, post some pictures if you don't mind,ok?

after this surgery i'm flat broke. i'm only 18 and i'm starting college soon also. my original nose was relatively flat and my width was wide. i tried my best to stay away from frontal pictures. i will try to post pics after my cast comes off. i hope the swelliing goes down because right now my nose looks like it is bigger than before.

Berry,

Congrats!! Wow can't believe u did it already...Seems like yesterday when u were still deciding which Dr to go to. Wish u all the best in ur recovery. Are you in Taipei alone? Take good care and keep us updated :smile:

Hi everyone

this is my first post in this forum, but i must admit that i have been following this thread for awhile. I recently had a revision done on my nose in taipei.. 3 years ago I had my first surgery done with an L shaped implant, and after about a year it became very sharp.. and over the years it became more noticeable to the point where there was a white dot at the tip of the nose. From the side, the shape had become very unnatural and the skin at the tip had become very thin.. So i came back to taiwan, and I went back to the same doctor and he told me that I could fix this by adding some cartilage to the tip area where the skin had become thin..which is what I decided to do. however, after the surgery the tip of my nose became bigger and the shape was slightly off and in certain areas you could still feel the sharpness of the silicone.. and the tip was still red after 2 months. During these 2 months I was very observant of my nose and noticed that not only was my tip very unnatural looking but my bridge was also too skinny and shiny..(my L implant was a normal size not particularly high) Disappointed in my original doctor, I decided to redo my entire nose.. and went to several different consulations with various doctors in taipei who specialized in rhino.. Today is the fifth day after my surgery.. It was an open incision with goretex for the bridge and septal and ear cartilage for the tip. So far I am very happy with my nose and my choice of surgeon, and the deswelling is going very well.

I just wanted to say that make sure you know what you are getting yourself into when using an L shaped silicone impant. There are alot of risks involved.. and you don't notice until several years later.. which is what happened for me.. In the beginning it was nice and natural but then in the end it was disastrous and painful for me. But then again, there are ppl who do well with L shaped implants.. but i have done lots of research on this subject and I think if you are going for the more natural look, it is better to do your bridge and tip separately.

Anyways, goodluck to everyone! feel free to ask me questions, I have been around most major clinics in taipei and have done a fair amount of research on this topic. :smile:

Thanks Mask,summerskin, shoe_girl!

It's only the bandage that's covering my nose. I don't have any hard casting. I only did the tip. ( no implants) I think the sutures and the rest wil be off in a 1 week..Hopefully by that time, I will look decent enough to shop and tour Taipei.... So lucky to have your mom cook for you! Macaroni sounds so good right now instead of ramen noodles... I swear I will never touch this again after I go back to the states... :P

Hi Hiromi,

I keen to know which Doctor done the PS for you,How much the quoted you?

Thanks
Faces

hiromi,

I'm sorry that had to happen with you. It sounds like you were going to have one of those scary extrusion cases if you had left it alone... as the tip was really thinning out due to the pressure and the tell tell sign of the white tip... It's weird that your doctor put cartilage over top of it after this happened, because that would just impact the strut even more, promoting extrusion even more and adding inflammation to the nose, making the situation worse.

it's a very good thing that you got it out in time and were so proactive about it. And, it's great that you are happy now. I wish the healing goes well and you'll LOVE LOVE the result!

I'm also pretty interested in which doctor you went to.