BeautyHacker

ok... I've been on a business trip.

I'm going to have to come to Dr. Chuang's defense. The girl that I went with got a curve on her nose too. Anyone who has seen my nose will say that my curve is pretty much perfect... not to be egotistical... but it is pretty darn good. And, hiromi, don't worry... I will never be offended by you... so this isn't directed at you at all. It's more for people's concerns.

Dr. Chuang uses everything and he is GREAT at alar reduction as seen on my friend. he's been doing this since he was young (at least 20 years experience, I think)... He takes a look at your nose and suggests the best type of implant based on what would give you the best look. I do like his tips that he does. He's very aggressive when it comes to plastic surgery. His stitches are super tiny and he has great bedside manner.
He has all the top of the line materials. One girl on the Singapore forum looked up his brand for breast implants, they were top of the line... he really keeps up with technology. What he generally does for most girls' noses is known as the new Korean open, addressing tip roundness, alar, tip lengthening etc...

His main things that he really is known for is breast, bone shaving, and nose.

In fact when I was there on my last visit to him, I spoke with a Taiwanese girl who had narrowed it down to two doctors to do her nose... and she was going to go consult Dr. Chuang, so he has a very good name in Taiwan. Ultimately, after she spoke with me and my friend, she said she was going to schedule it for the next day.

The hairs will take longer than 6-8 weeks. Dr. Jong should have told you that it generally takes months (6-10) for you to see the actual result. This data is also confirmed by American doctors.

Choosing an implant is a very difficult decision. You need to decide if you want what the doctor suggests (generally the best look), even if it means sacrificing a soft tip. But, perhaps, he will suggest something that won''t mean you have to sacrifice it.

I trust Dr. Chuang. He's a top of the line surgeon in Taiwan, so I'm not concerned. I've read so many medical reports that say over and over again that L implant extrusion and mobility is due to skill and lack of knowledge.

As far as goretex and ear cartilage is concerned. Dr. Chuang does remove ear cartilage for the nose, but he prefers the septal cartilage for whatever reason... one procedure, the lower absorption rate, and maybe the better ability to shape it? He is not 100% convinced that goretex is going to be a longterm solution, and the ease of removal if you should not like it years down the road. I think he puts the emphasis on: what can I do to make the nose look the best based on their current anatomy and facial features? He's not a conservative doctor.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a good thing that we have another doctor to choose from however.

From what I hear... (no guarantees, I have not gone to most of these docs and even if I did, there is never a guarantee with plastic surgery), I personally like these:

I love Dr. Jung's before and afters because it really is a nose makeover based on the photos. And, he sounds like a very nice person also. His photos are really impressive. Plus, I know a lot of you want goretex.

Dr. Chuang. Personal experience and saw noses that he has absolutely transformed... especially if you need alar... Amazing background.

Dr. Tseng. He sounds good especially if you want goretex, but he lacks photos in terms of alar and tip work... he did go over a few techniques on his page, but I wish he had some photos of the after result. That is the ONLY negative I think about him. I think for Hiromi it was a perfect choice as she just wanted goretex implant instead.

Hiromi, maybe you have seen some befores where he did alar, etc? that we haven't? Be sure to share for the ladies.

The reasons why I chose these doctors is good words from others and they sound attentive. You need a doctor who will spend hours on your nose... not less than 1... that's asking for trouble.

Behhh such a doctor. I mean especially when he's your father's friend and doesnt offer to help or anything?:tdown:

Even if its 3 years down the road, he should hold some responsibility right? Thats what I think.

Oh so us to know the final result of the nose tip will be 1 year's time? I wonder if any of Dr Chuang's nurses have septal noses.. and if I can feel them when I am there. LOL

I heard one even offers for people to touch her boobs.. lol:P

keenose,

Dr. Chuang stated that most of the time you will know how the tip is going to be at the end of 3 months. It will have slight changes... but the approximate general size and shape is pretty much how it will be.

As far as softness... it will be harder but it's not going to be that much harder than what it will be in the end at 3 months.

Hi, maskd! Is Dr.Chuang good with double eyelid and epi procedure? I know he did an epi on you...but i havent heard anything about his double eyelid jobs...

Do you know his overal cost of bridge implant, tip lengthening, alar, making tip sharper and double eyelid and epi?

thank u so much!

Hi Sassygirl...
I don't know personally about the double eyelid. I only did epi with him. the girl that I went with did epi and double... but I have lost track of her and the last I saw of her, her eyes were still swollen at one month.

But, I do know that my epi is definitely one of the best that I have seen of a lot of people. Even if you pay attention to the shape of the epi, it is really nice.

If you get either silicone L or I with cartilage with the open Korean method. It is 60000. It doesn't matter if your nose is already pretty good and only need implant, or if you need everything like alar, lengthening, tip, etc. It will always be 60000. The only exclusion to this rule is if you want goretex instead. Then, it is an additional 8000.

Usually, Dr. Chuang will suggest something that he thinks is the best for the individual. This is what he did with me.

Either in Korea at Oz Clinic (www.ozclinic.com) or Philippines at (www.shimmianmanila.com). I am Filipino so going to the Philippines would be much easier for me. Plus the doctor at Shimmian Manila studied under Dr. Jung so they have the same technique. I really like the noses at Oz Clinic as well. I was thinking about BK Clinic but their noses have that slide effect without the little bump at the tip. I prefer the tip to stick out more.

My initial rhinoplasty was done with a full nasal reconstruction since I had a really really flat Filipino looking nose. My nostrils were reduced and a Goretex implant was used and ear cartilage is on my tip. I think my nose looks good but I'm a perfectionist. It is very natural but I would like a nose that looks kind of like this from the front:

[​IMG]
[​IMG]

I don't like the narrow look since it is more obvious you have an implant in there. I like it more wide and blends more with the cheeks gradually like the front view of the picture. Right now I feel like the top of my nose looks too narrow. I also prefer not to have a high bridge..this is of course because I'm Filipino and most Filipinos don't have narrow high bridges like they do in Korea.

Jezabel, we share the same taste on noses! I prefer to have a slightly wider bridge, problem is, I hear it depends on ur orignal nose as it determines the width of the bridge, am I rite? Im worried that the Dr may say to me he/she cant give me a wider bridge because of wateva reason......I'll be soo upset! Because that is one of the main reasons why I want a nose job! to change the width of my bridge

jeezebel. I say go to manila, Dr.levi is known in the philippines and trains other docs.
quick quesiton how is the goretex working for you?
do you have any pics? any tips? I'm going to get gore tex too!

Oh ok, thanks so much! i browsed through wishclinic's site today but i saw that many of Dr.Chuang's nose jobs dont look that much different from the original, it doesnt look like alot of improvement. Does he show you better before and after pics once you are at consultation with him?

I don't know why... but most of his pics that he stores on his computer are way better.
He's also the only Asian doctor in Asia other than Dr. Jung who posts before and afters of older people... it's kind of weird.

Tell me what you think of my nose job. I won't be offended either way since I'm already happy with it.