BeautyHacker

LOL... oh my gosh..

Its one of those cases where .. you know what it is.. but you still type and say something else. LOL

Thanks for correcting me.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you angeldustflutter? Or one of the gals angeldustflutter?

She is also currently at Korea, just did her PS too...

Never heard of that!! Always new stuff coming out.

heard there is a new material for boobs too.. some gummy thing.

I think that might be for the tip... you can use your ear cartilege for defining your tip.

WOw.. that sure is interesting information.

I didnt know he is not the owner.. all along, I have always thought he is the owner.. Maybe I'll ask him next time.

But quite frankly, I totally do not feel that he is the kind that is out to make more surgeries for more money... as in he totally doesnt rush the operations or anything.

Like my surgeries, he took a whole nice... 5 hours plus to do them. I think its a good time....

Man.. if he is only a worker there, I would really wish for him to earn more money and open up a clinic when he has enough money. :cursing:
Hopefully this place is just a stepping stone for him.

Adding in that silicon MAY be able to be seen under certain lighting.
Like maybe strong lighting.. or some have reported that it shows under those UV lightings.... like those in discos..

I dont thnk my bridge is VERY slim... but neither is it very wide.
However, now that I sit down and stare at myself.. IF .......... IF I had a very slim bridge, it would probably look very unnatural.

PLUS...... I have already super oily skin... hahah maybe with silicon, my oil would just drip off my nose.

Firstly.. how old are you currently?
Are you still staying with them?

LOL I guess... if you really want something real bad, you have to have alot of determination and be prepared for the "FIRE"

Frankly, I didnt think of what my parents would say and went for it already.. hehe :P

LOL so cool !!! :tup:

Hey thanx heaps for sharing that information with us. I always thought that Dr. Chuang was the owner as well. You are very lucky to have an aunt who is a plastic surgeon, I'm sure she can give you lots of advise. Did she recommend any doctors?

Just my intuition and senses, some of the doctors we consider as "great" surgeons also make mistake. Lets just take for examples, ah-hem, some of the doctors mentioned in this forum who had made some some mistakes. There was one plastic surgeon in the city I lived in whom own his own clinic but made a patient's breathing worse after her rhinoplasty. She went to have it tested at a hospital afterward and was told that her breathing issue will remain as so. I would have gone to him if he was not so "proud" of his ...if you get what I mean. I actually had my double lid done with him and I was in and out of the surgery room within 45 hour. The job done was just OK. Sometime the great one is not so attentive and is negligence in the details. I was inform that I will look normal after a week but after a week I went back to work, I looked like a gold fish and I was told by one coworker that she had never seen me looked that :-O !!

I think we got to be comfortable with the doctor who's going to perform on you and make sure you're able to communicate to him/her as to what you want. At the same time, make sure he's properly certified as a surgeon so do your homework peeps.

Dr. Chuang does make an effort in explaining as much as he can to assure you of his ability and skill but he will not hard sell you to get you to come to him. From my experience, I exasperated him with all my questions and finally he sensed my worry and told me to come back to him when I am ready. Just because he does not own clinic does not dictate his ability and skill set. Who know, he might have a complex that people might sue him if surgery does not go successfully and therefore worked under an owner so that he will be cover if things go south :biggrin: there are so many reasons as to why and for sure mine is NOT all substantial.

Anyhow, this is all I have to say for now. Please take what I said with a grain of salt.

Thanks.

Gossomer8,

See Dr. Chuang's reply to me. But I have removed my real name for obvious reason:

Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2007 2:25 AM
To: Subject: Re: Revision question

Hi <deleted> ,

I think your really worry about your nose. I ever told you that rib cartilage graft will have warpping and absorbtion issues right? The warpping rate will be around 30~40% but most of them are not severe or ovbious. Only 10~15% of these cases need a revision procedure.

To prevent from these issues we usually do many procedures like scrolling and overgrafting the cartilage. However even we have done so much on it, we still can get rid of it definatelly. You must know that it is an original problem of rib cartilage itself but not a doctor's technique. Only when you can realize this matter very much you can receive the total rib rhinoplasty.

I always try my best to make a non-problematic nose but it is very hard to explain every procedure to you in details. I will do the operation for you anytime when you are well prepared.

Chuang

Hi Dr. Chuang,

I want to bring this to your attention and see if you're aware of the several cases of shrink wrap due to rib grafting. I read on 2 of the forums that there are couple of people experincing that. Is there a way to prevent such a situation from happening to me? Do you normally take this real situation into consideration when performing rhinoplasty? I think I have read somewhere that some of the doctors would over graft the nose to make way for this kind of situation. Do you have any though on this?

Thank you,

<name deleted>

I think you need to update us with some new pictures!

My nose is actually really quite small so I hope Goretex doesn't make it wide because I don't want the bridge to be the same width as my nostril area.

Yeah, especially after surgery, your face is just super oily. No wonder blackheads come out :yucky:

I'm sure most great surgeons have their own clinic but that's not to say if a doctor doesn't have his own clinic he's not good. Everyone makes mistakes, we're all human & you will probably have a better chance of success with a more well qualified doctor but even that's no guarantee.

Just do you research, get a few consultations & go with the doctor you feel the most comfortable with :tup: