BeautyHacker

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just wondering, why did your doc do silicon and gortex together, I thought it would be either gortex or silicone or cartilage..

Hi guys, Im new here. I have been reading your discussions and it seemed like you know a lot. I know it's nothing compared to a consultation with an actual physician but I would like to hear from people who have lived the experience. Been there and done that. =D

My surgery is scheduled on the 22nd of July with a reputable Canadian doctor. I wanted to have my bridge thinner, dorsum higher, tip refined with increased columnella. He suggested either a cartilage graft or an L-shaped silicone fit for the shape of my nose, and explained the pros and cons of both. I initially jumped at the silicone because I am terribly scared of having my ear and nose in pain at the same time.

(I have a rather narrow nose, but with a low dorsum and bulbous tip)
So my question is, based on your experiences which implant looked more natural? And what were the pros and cons for you? (not the medically anticipated ones)

I would greatly appreciate your replies. Thanks so much in advance! :yes:

I had a cartilage ear graft for the tip. The pain is not that bad. Your ear will be sore but it is bearable. I thought it would be worse but before I knew it, I was sleeping on that ear again.
For me, most of the discomfort was felt the first 2-3 days after surgery. But if you take the pain medications prescribed, then you will be fine. I only took the pain meds the first day and a half and then switched to Tylenol. The worst day for me was the first night but the meds make you drowsy so you end up sleeping through most of it. BTW, my nasal bones where broken to narrow the dorsum so I think that your procedure will be less painful if you are just getting an implant.
Don't worry about the pain, it's not that bad at all. The scariest part for me was wondering if I was going to die under anesthesia or if my plane was going to crash on the way back home.

hey wankoreanose! I want to go to dr. jung too, when are you going? maybe we can do this together!

i've been reading the forum for the past 3 days, up to page 90.. haha basically i got tired and i just skipped 2/3 of it, but from what you guys said so far, it really depends on personal taste, which doctor is better!

http://www.1cosmeticsurgery.com/Nose_Surgery_Picture_Preview2.shtml
looks like this is what i really want! my nose is pretty much flat. i can't even wear sunglasses properly. :sad:

When are you willing to go?
I did my homework for reasearch on good clinics and choose the clinics i want to get consultation from. I talked to a few over the phone.
I already bookd my hotel, you are welcome to stay with me and you can take care of sthg else...I d love to go with someone for sure.
What is your email address , maybe we can get in touch?
when are you available to go ? are you ready anytime?
:woohoo:

Dian,are you in toronto? If so, are you seeing Dr Rival??

MY CONSULTATION IS THIS THURSDAY!!!! ^______^

hey mkryu,
When you went for the consultation with Dr. Lee did he let you see before and after photos of other patients who had rhinoplasty? I was wondering cause I read somewhere that he didn't?

sorry wankoreanose, i'm being torn between taiwan n korea now! There's just so many info here to read... i'm on page 200 now, thats a lot of reading for 5 days.
are you set on dr. jung? when are u going?

i'm thinking about dr. chuang in taiwan too

my email address is [email protected]
i have a wedding to go to on oct, so anytime after mid october would be good with me.

Actually, I never asked. I felt that I didn't need to see any photos because I assumed that most of the photos would be of female patients since I am a guy, I felt that looking at women's noses really wouldn't have helped me get a good idea of how mine would turn out. Rhino for men is slightly different from that for women. Men usually look better with a higher bridge and more projection.

There wasn't a wait list at the time. I booked my surgery a month and a half after my consultation just to give myself enough time to prepare mentally, physically, and financially before the surgery. I would recommend giving yourself ample time to prepare. You should start taking the recommended vitamins up to 2 weeks prior to surgery. No alcohol...it's best if you stop several months prior to surgery for optimal liver health.

How did your nose turn out and chin implant, mkyru? Did you have to wear something around your neck for the chin implant?