BeautyHacker

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone
I would like to share with u guys my surgery experience in Korea because thanks to this forum, i took bits and pieces from everyone's experience and came here with confidence.
After searching for quite a while and reading your notes, I decided to list a dozen of PS clinics and visit others once i was there.
If you dont speak korean or have a korean friend to translate for you, well your choices will be restricted for example,I especially love the cinderella clinic in Apgujeong ( US 5500 for revision) and Banobagi Clinic in Yeoksam where they do beautiful noses(both use silicon implant and it damn looks natural).
BK clinic, Dream clinic, Realcosmetic, Clinic 9 , SS beauty were busy clinics as well,they look all popular.
But after being a week in seoul, I finally picked Dr Jung, because I had breathing issues and needed an ENT to get it fixed and he was the only one who said he could do a scar revision for my nose. Even though I didnt like his style at all, I was thinking, will come back later on if I want to get those movie stars. Dr Jung's clinic is probably one of the modest clinics beyond all the clinics.
He did send me a chauffeur to pick me up from the aiport. I finally met him and we talked about what he thinks will look good on me ( goretex, alar base resection, scar revision, oesteotomy, tiplasty,...)
I didnt really realise how serious this operation would be. Before entering the operation room, I started crying, i was so scared and I wanted to get the hell out of there, thinking s*** i should go to a plastic surgeon, Banobagi, cinderealla, or Dr Kim, i was so scared to look uglier than what i was already! LOL
Anyways, they calmed me down, the last thing i remember was the anaesthesist telling me how i was going to fall asleep soon ...
Indeed, the operation was at 1pm, i woke up at 6pm. Felt so strong, a chauffeur drove me home and it was all done.
I went to visit the clinic every single day after surgery, to get my nose cleaned. The nurses there are great, one speaks english, Jun Soo Yeon. I cried so many times during this process, she knew how to comfort me... I even cried without seeing my nose, when they took off the cast, i didnt even dare to look at it, i was sure that it was ugly but as long as my breathing was better, i didnt want to look.
It is nearly week 3 after surgery now and my nose is definately looking better than before. I went to the clinic again, and they took pictures of the post operation,and it is very natural, not much changes but im overall happy with the result, didnt expect it. Now, even it is swollen, i like the shape of it. Dr Jung was great for the after care, i got to see and talk with him every time i had an issue, means nearly everyday! I think i was a pain in the a*** but they never made me feel i was bothering nor the surgeon nor the nurses.
I am still in Korea, sightseeing and shopping.Koreans are wonderful people, even though there is definately a language barrier, I always find them hepful.
but soincerely, if you are looking for movie stars noses, dont go to him if you only want a improved nose that suit ur face then go for it!

Hope it helps you all.

hi great to know you are happy with your result. I was thinking of going to korea to do a revision for my nose, but today I end up going to a Korean Doctor in Sydney. I get my nose job booked on 22nd September. My doctor gonna use goretex and define my tip area and lengthning the nose as well. I will keep you guys here posted. Thanks for everyone sharing your experience here.

hi wankoreanose....I'm glad to see that you're happy with the result because I am going to see Dr. Jung next month. Do you mind me asking what hotel you're staying and its cost/day? I am thinking about asking the doctor office to book Coastel hotel for me, but I am not sure about the cost. Did doctor Jung give you anything for your aftercare? I asked him what I should bring with me; he said "no need" :smile:. How did you nose look after 2 weeks? You said that you go back to the clinic to get your nose cleaned everyday. Did you take the taxi every time? Sorry for asking so many questions. I am going to Korea alone....and don't speak the language. I am trying to prepare for the trip the best that I can :sad:

Thanks mkryu...I ordered the kit; it will be here in a couple of days. Did you follow the instructions as directed, or did you take the vitamins which you only want??

I am more like nervous and worried a lot about the surgery. I wish this will be the last nose surgery that I have to seek. I like my old nose but thought I could use more height at the area between my eyes because it was flat. Other than that, I like my old nose bridge and my old nose tip. The doctor that I went to here in the States (Houston, TX) did such a bad job. It seems like he didn't shape the silicon or something. He inserted through a side of my nose and use Gortex for the tip. A big silicon and thin dorsal skin make my implant visible to people's eyes. Oh my God, EVERYONE knows I have a nose job except for American folks because my nose looks like a Caucasian nose on my face. It's tall and pointy for my face. My family members agree that my old nose was "better" than this fake nose-job-looking nose. The doctor who operated my nose is Dr. Stanley from Hanh Phuoc Victoria Surgery Center. This office is in Houston, TX and is used to run by Dr. Ho Tan Phuoc who passed away a few years ago. It currently runs by his wife who hires other doctors to perform the surgeries through her late husband's name/office. I wouldn't recommend anyone to this clinic. They're really money pusher. If you have a problem with your surgery and call the office, you will be told to email. The person who answers email is Mrs. Hanh Phuoc, the owner of the clinic (she's now re-married). If you email asking about the consultation, you'll be answered. But if you have concern about your surgery afterward, she will ignore your emails. You won't get to talk to/email your doctor directly after you go home.

I was considering Dr. Kao too and would go to him if I don't mind having a scar on my body. I hope that Dr. Jung can correct my fake looking nose and give me a nose that will look good on my face. After 3 years or so, I would trade it to have my old nose back. I was thinking of removing this stupid ugly implant on my nose. However, after finding this forum, I decided to go to Dr. Jung to fix my problems. I hope that I will have a good result.

Asianfox, I have been changing hotel every week since i have been here.
First stayed in a kind of love hotel, very cheap ard us 60 a week,then Valentine hotel, where i could sleep the whole day, was really good for the recovery period it was like US80 with discount, then Tria hotel, in yeoksam us 110 but it was modern and nice, now staying at provista hotel,which is a serviced apt.
Dr jung sent me a chauffeur when i couldnt go by myself, i emailed him and he sent me someone over , plus to carry my suitcase too, because i was changing place.But the other times, i just took the train, the hotel was one station away from his clinic so very easy and convenient.
Sincerely, coatel hotel is convenient to go to the clinic everyday, save u from transportation, plus u can eat so many things ard! but you got those love hotel in yeoksam (one station away from gangnam, where his clinic is)that are so modern and luxury.from US 40-60.
He gave me this cute bag with all the after care needed and if i needed anything more, i would ask the nurse anyways.
My nose looks definately swollen, tip is round, i cant smile properly, it looks weird and i cant breath properly. I m so scared that a lump may appear due to infection or sthg, im so paranoid.
anyways, do ask, i no it is so stressful to go through all this.

I know how you feel. I did it once and now am going through it again. I can’t help but feel very worried and paranoid too. Did Dr. Jung give you some antibiotic medication to take for the aftercare? Do you happen to know how much Coatel costs per night? The info on Dr. Jung’s site is from 2 years ago that I don't know if it is the current price. The price on Coatel's website is much higher if it's in Korean won. How much does it cost per day if you just eat twice per day without shopping? I think Dr. Jung send a driver to pick up his patients from the airport for free. How much do you have to pay per trip afterward? I am trying to figure out how much money I need for the accommodations and food. Did you ask him lots of questions during consultation? Your surgery was at 1. Did you eat lunch before going to his clinic? Did you feel hungry after the surgery when it was done by 6 pm?

I took the vitamins as instructed.
I heard it's not good to have artificial implants on the tip. How is the implant visible? What does it look like? You can see the plastic through your skin?

If you want even cheaper, you can get it for Us40 in those love hotels or even cheaper, stay in the hostels for less than US35.
It is a lot of reasearch for everything, im sure you will get through this.
After operation, received this bag with all the medications needed for 5 days, it is like an after surgery kit, u will see. Other surgeons in korea do better results than him you, if u want a gorgeous nose, u shouldnt go to him...
I didnt eat after midnight before surgery day and after they gave me porridge,nice one ready for me to eat.
Anyways, wont be checking the website anymore but if u collect info from this forum and others, you will be able to manage by urself in Korea. Im still in Seoul and so loving it.
The prices are the same than 2 years ago, i asked the surgeon millions of questions every single day. I cried a lot too during the whole process, he knows that we are worried so it is ok. You need to talk with him and if u feel u can trust him, then go for him. I told u what to expect from his work,now, i dont no what ur expectations are.
Good luck with everything.

Hey there, I live in Newcastle NSW and would love to know how your nose turns out! As much as I would love to go to Seoul to get a nose job I am a bit skeptical about travelling abroad. I hope you don't mind me asking, but how much is it costing you?

Hi Qui it is good to know someone from Australia in this forum. I found this forum a few days ago and I was so amazed by people's experience here. I had my nose job done ten years ago. I had a "L"shape silicone filled in and it looks so faked and starts to be painful now. I was thinking to get it revised and I knew Korea is the best place to go for nose job. But with nose job u also need take the risk of infection. So I think somewhere local is the best choice coz u do have "after sale care". I went to Advanced Beauty Clinic in sydney. Before I came for a consulation I was not sure whether this doctor is the right one to go even he is Korean, but he might have less experience than someone who actually operated in Korea?

However the before and after photoes, the patients showed up when I was there convinced me. Doctor Kim is very patient and he speaks very good English as well. He spent quite a while to explain to me how my nose gonna look like after this revision and when there is side effect, what they gonna treat me. After spoke with him, I built up my confidence and decided to go ahead to take the surgery with him.

Speak of the price, they have different prices start from AU$3500. I asked to do a revision, put a goretex in to make my bridge higher and put my ear cartige to define the tip area and legthening my nose. That is the most expensive one and it is $7000. However if you choose silicone the price would be a bit cheaper and without lengthening it is $4500. So it all depends on your own case and don't rush yourself to a deal yet. Wait until you can see my result. My email address is [email protected]. You are more than welcomed to email me if you have more concerns.

Thanks wankoreanose.....I just want a natural looking nose that will look good on my face. I like round tip instead of pointy one. I actually like my old nose but would love to have more height at the area between my eyes. Based on the pictures on his website, it is the kind of nose that I want (no skinny and pointy nose)...I don't think a skinny and pointy nose will fit my face....If other Asian people, who never met me before, can't tell that I have a "nose job" after going to Dr. Jung, he achieves my expectation.

No, I didn't mean it like that. Because of silicon's characteristic, the wrong size that the doctor chose for me, and my thin dorsal skin, I/other people can tell that there's an implant on my nose instead of a "natural" nose. I sent my pictures to Dr. Jung, Dr. Kao, Dr. Tseng, and Dr. Chuang. They all agree that the nose is big for my face and recommend Gortex except Dr. Kao. Dr. Jung said it looks like a rod.