BeautyHacker

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Obagi system, I hear, is good for Asian skin. I'm currently using it now. I actually just started it about 3 weeks ago to fade out hyperpigmentation from acne.
http://www.obagi.com/article/forpatients/obaginu-dermsystem/obaginu-dermsystem.html

from Dr. Charles Lee's website:
http://www.asiancosmeticsurgery.com/html/skin.asp#skin02

[​IMG] Obagi® Skin Care Line
We have found that the Obagi® Skin Care Line works well on our Asian patients. Other facial rejuvenation methods such as lasering and chemical peels are less recommended because they can lead to discoloration of Asian skin.
The active ingredients in the Obagi® skin care line are Retin A® and hydroquinone. Retin A® helps to promote the growth of new skin cells and hydroquinone is a bleaching agent that helps correct discoloration in the skin. Patients who use the Obagi® skin care line usually start seeing results within one week and continue seeing improvement for approximately three months. The skin care line can cause some flaking and sensitivity to sunlight, but these minor side effects can be reduced with a moisturizing cream.

I let the doctor into talking to me into a tip plasty. I don't know what I was thinking. I wish I didn't do it. It's been a week after the septorhino and I don't think I should have done anything to myself in the first place except for the breathing. I'm not sure of the results yet but still...

mykryu - I've used the obagi system on and off for years and quite frankly, I have not been able to keep it up due to the severe redness of the face. Are you using something different that does not make you RED? Aside from that, the results are really amazing.

A plastic surgeon has recommended this to me before, it was like around $500 dollars, I thought she was just trying to sell me things, but did it really work for you? I've had my acne scars for almost two years, will it really make my scar go away? thanks

what did you mean the results were amazing and the same time it made you red?

Ana2008 - Obagi recommends you use the system for 6 weeks for the full results. When using the product it diminishes your large pores and renews your skin kind of like a chemical peel. it does work but a side of effect is that my skin became really red like i was sunburned. It was pretty noticeable for me because my skin is fair. But I'm not sure if it's the same for others. They have a new line that does not make you as red but when I tried it, my face was still pretty red.

The redness lasted about a week for me. I still have some peeling left. I've been using Retin-A for 2 years prior to starting the Obagi so maybe it's why the side effects aren't too severe in my case. I still have to wait and see how the system will work for me since it's only been 3 weeks.

When you mean scars, are you referring to deep indentations where the acne used to be like chicken pox marks or just dark spots?
If you have deep grooves, you may need to have laser resurfacing or a dermabrasion done. I'm not sure that these 2 methods are beneficial for asian skin though. You should consult with a dermatologist to see what can be done in your case.

Noses take up to 24 months to completely heal. You will start to see the final results around the 6 month mark.

Thanks mkryu. I just didn't know what I was getting myself into. I never really hated my nose like a lot of people do on this forum. So, when the doctor suggested that he can correct my breathing, and also can make my nose less flat, I thought, why not? Because Asians have thicker skin, he told me that results would be less apparent than in Caucasians and races with thinner skin. Anyway, girls, THINK really hard before you do something drastic and crazy like this. I thought it was just something to do that would be nice, but I didn't really let reality set in. Can you handle doing something to your nose-like, is it really that bad that you would take such a huge risk on such a prominent feature on your face? Right now, I haven't removed the splint, and I don't know what my results are, but I'm SO scared!!!!!!!!!

Definitely way too early to tell. You will be swollen for a while. I'm 5 months post-op and my tip has slowly started to get more definition. I've begun to notice the lines where the nostrils are. Healing times also vary from person to person. You should start to look less operated in a few weeks so don't be worried when you look at your nose in the mirror for the first month, it's not permanent.