BeautyHacker

Brazilian Butt Lift?

Dr Mendietta, was the IT guy for a while but when one gets too popular their work can suffer. His work was AMAZING a few years back. Mendietta was one that paid great attention to detail and his "back scoop" was on point; I cant say the same now. I have seen Dr Salerma's work and I would take Salerma over the recent Mendietta.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure hide_friend is right about the difference. I looked into the bazilian butt lift surgery a few years back. What they actually do in the surgery is cut you all around the back and lift the necessary muscles. I saw the procedure it was a total turn off for me. The doctor talked about the pain while recupperating and the scares can be seen.

I gave up on the entire idea after I saw that, I made it a point to get my "butt" to the gym and I'm having success in reshaping and lifting it. :yahoo: Gotta love my trainer and pilates classes, both help. I did not know about the injectable stuff they can do. Sounds like a good alternative for a lot of people.

Actually the Brazilian butt lift is when they transfer fat into your buttocks. This was told to me by dr salama and dr mendietta. Also I agree that dr salama's work is looking better than mendietta. Also dr salama is less. The only downside is that the wait for salama is almost a year while mendietta is a month.

One yr for salama! R u serious? I dun want to wait that long

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I heard of him and did some research. He was voted as the best plastic surgeon in Miami but I have seen a few of his results and I wasn't impressed. I really wanted to like his work because he is also offering a summer special but to me salama's work is 100 times better.

Dr Pham in San Jose. He did my breast augmentation two years ago and I absolutly adore him! He does a fabulous job. I am getting my procedure at the end of the month! I will post before and after pictures! :biggrin:

Thank you:smile:

I think I'm just going to go with a simple liposuction. I would hate to go from having a nice butt to something that is subpar.

• 1 month later...
Two helpful websites to visit to hear actual stories and see pictures for any cosmetic procedure are: makemeheal and realself.

Realself.com, IMO, is much more easier to navigate than makemeheal.com. Beware, and I haven't visited either in a while, some of the threads (especially the one on the BBL procedure) can get very catty...just like to many of the threads on the PF. But they are a wealth of information. There is info on things you can do or should get to prepare for, during, and after a procedure. Take any advice or recommendations with caution. And if you have a doctor, please follow his/her guidance rather than what you learn from either site as the people telling their stories are patients NOT doctors. As a matter of fact if you find information that is of interest to you, take it back to your doctor and see what he/she says in response.

Whatever, any ladles (or gents) reading this do, please do not let any doctor sale you a dream OR blow you off! Any questions or concerns you ask should be taken seriously and you should be treated with respect. So doctors have an air about them that conveys the sentiment that THEY are the doctor and YOU are JUST the patient. Do not accept that. When you talk to any doctor, be confident, write down EVERY question, thought or concern! Take photos with you. Be clear about your expectations (but also be realistic). When researching, especially when looking for pictures to reference, find people who have similar body types as your. If you have a doctor in mind find pictures of his/her own work that you like/want as that will resonate more than photos of Kim K. or Nikki Manaj.

Understand, that cosmetic surgery has come a long way and that industry continues to make huge advances. Do not be afraid of something unless you have a sound reason to be (if that makes sense). I hear many people say they would never have an elective procedure because they are afraid of "going under the knife". If you want to make some self improvements look into. Learn the risk and benefits. And just because you explore and research it doesn't mean you have to commit to it. I just hate to hear people making blanket statements without having information. Believe me, cosmetic surgery IS safe, but you should be in very good health before pursuing it. If you smoke, stop. If you drink, begin limiting it at least a few weeks before your procedure. Also understand, that healing TAKES TIME...even if you're 20 years old. Some stories you will read, and you may even have experienced it, will describe the person being back to normal in no time. That's great!!!! I had a breast reduction when I was in my early 20s. The procedure was on a Friday and the Monday after I was making a cake. I was fine. But in hindsight it wasn't the best example of me being wise. Make plans to and give yourself time to rest. You will get bored, so plan for that. But don't rush your healing. I had a tumor removed a few years ago (different from cosmetic surgery for sure) and it was laparoscopic. I initially took two weeks off from work but ended up taking an additional two weeks because the recovery was so intense...and laparoscopic surgery is less evasive (but I learned that the surgeon had to move several organs to get to the tumor).

Lastly, and especially for those considering the BBL: it is real! I mean the results. If your procedure will be done using your own fat, then it's real. It's your butt. It's not fake! If a celebrity had it done, then it's theirs. It's more intense than, but has the same notion of, wearing colored contact lenses, coloring your hair, whiting or straightening your teeth, wearing a push-up bra, wearing spanx....the push up bra is only pushing up what you already have (no matter how little), the spanx is minimizing what you already have (no mater how much, the hair color and contact lenses are covering what you have AND are still using. I guess I've made my point.

I hope this is helpful to someone. I hope the websites are of some use and that you learn a lot for your journey or just to be informed.

• 1 month later...
Kpstar, how long ago did you have the BBL? How many times did you have the fat injected? Thanks

My cousin got this done 3 years ago and I wouldn't recommend it. She had lipo on her belly and put that fat in her behind. At first she looked awesome but now after some time her own body has naturally burned off that extra fat that was put back there. Is was pointless to do.