BeautyHacker

best plastic surgery clinics in Korea

Correct me if I'm not following well. So you would be choosing ID but is there a Dr Kim at ID too (cos a lot of Koreans go by Kim, Park, Oh and Lee)?

I am nailing on a couple of clinics based on the references made here and from key members here - ID, BK n maybe... Banobagi

My primary double eyelid were done almost 10 years ago but its asymetrical now prolly due to aging. I now get an idea what is 3D and looking forward to "refresh" my eyes with the improved techniques offered by the skilled Korean surgeons.

Anyway, are the clinics able to simulate my desired look during a face-to-face consultation on the spot? Do they charge?

Cheers?

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MY friend wants to have surgery in Korea but she doesn't know what to get.
She feels it's appropriate to go up to the surgeon and say "Can I have surgery to look ulzzang?"
I facepalmed when she told me.

Hi guys thank you for your help, I have another question. How long does it take to get back to normal after surgery. And by normal I mean able to go back to school without people staring (I know it can take months to be fully perfect).

Since Opera is rarely mentioned on this forum, I thought I'd share my personal experience about this hospital.

I came from the US. Like many foreigners in Korea, my time is limited. My original ticket was to leave on 7/24. When I called Opera, I was told they were too busy and I had to go on Friday 7/20 for consultation. The consultation went well on Friday but I was told that surgery could not be scheduled until late Tuesday 7/24 because their doctor was too busy. The later surgery and post-op time means I need to stay an extra 10 days. I changed my ticket online Friday at noon, but had to wait till the next day to talk to the travel agency to confirm. In order to reserve a surgery date, I put down deposit Friday afternoon at 5PM at Opera. Their office was closed to consultation at night.

The very next morning on Saturday, I called US and found out the ticket could not be changed because it's multiple-stop tickets. So immediately I called Opera to cancel the surgery. I cancelled the reservation over the phone. I was told to go to the office on Monday to get refund because no one were at the hospital on Saturday. I was told the test would cost about 1000w which is around $100. That is extremely high for some simple test, but I did not argue. Please note from the time I paid the deposit on Friday evening, till the time I cancelled the reservation on Saturday morning, the hospital was basically closed to scheduling new surgery.

On Monday, I went to Opera and met the head consultant. The consultant told me deposit could not be refunded without 7 days advanced notice. I told her at no time before I paid the deposit was this mentioned. Also I paid the deposit on Friday evening, which already fell short of the 7 days window. After discussion back and forth, the head consultant started to get quite loud and hostile. I called my Korean friend and asked him to talk the the head consultant becasue I do not speak Korean and mostly replied on hospital translators. My korean friend got yelled at over the phone. It was not a pretty scene.

Although I was told this is the same rule for local Korean patients, I did suggest politely that locals may not run into the same problem of being forced to leave the country due to flight issue. So all and all, I think Opera is quite hostile towards foreign patients. That's when the head consultant became even more hostile. So I left without getting any refund back.

I had plastic surgery done at another hospital in Gangnam and was fairly pleased. That hospital was very clear about important issues, provide all information necessary for patient to know, BEFORE they accepted my money. Although I did not have surgery done at Opera, I am sure they have good doctors. But for important surgeries, doctors are not the only thing that matters. Please be aware and try to find a honest hospital that are clear about their rule "BEFORE" they take your money.

One credit to Opera is that they did say even they could not return the deposit, it can be used towards any future surgery at Opera. But for a hospital that only wants money, fails to disclose any rules, lies to their patient, and hostile towards their patients BEFORE any surgery, I can imaging their attitude should there be any medical dispute. I will seriously reconsider having any surgery there even though they have my deposit now.

I do not work for any other hospital so this is just my personal experience I thought probably would help someone making decision. It is a shame because after my last surgery, I was quite pleased and thought I may come back to Korea every year to have some small surgery done. I am leaving tomorrow and due to the horrible experience at Opera, I doubt I would come back to Korea any time soon.

Awesome so you are familiar with Seoul. This would be my first time to Korea. I was kinda afraid of getting lost wondering on my own. I'm always down to experiencing other cultures. I love traveling to other countries mainly for that reason. Partying in Seoul would be a plus.:smile: Cant wait till November!

Wow. I had totally forgotten about Opera since I wrote this, but thank you for sharing your experience. Will you ever go back to Korea to have some procedure done at Opera?

And where did you end up getting surgery? And what did you get done?

I'm sorry you had such an awful experience. I hope that in the future, other forumers considering Opera or any other clinic will take care to learn the cancellation policy of the clinic before putting a down payment on any surgery.

Best of luck to you, and hopefully you'll never have to get anything done again, or that you can do it from the convenience of your own home town.

But cousin! Wouldn't you be in recovery mode? How will you party? There's no alcohol allowed before and after the surgery. I'm not certain for how long, but you should ask mother/auntie Nanxy about the deets.

Don't worry. We will party hard to make up for lost time at our family reunion :biggrin:

Haha, nah I'm just me...That was her, she was actually 27 at the time. I was shocked when she told me. She did look very young like a teenager and had braces which even made her looked even younger.

After my 2 jaw I plan on going back to Seoul in April for a rhinoplasty. Contemplating what material to go with. ID said they would have to re-fracture my nose to align it straight with my grill. Before anything.

Need to find something durable that will last for a life time. Need a nose that would handle a punch with out collapsing. I was thinking of pre-maxilla/paranasal implant to add to projection.

What are your thoughts?

True...what was I thinking...LOL. Will you be joining us back in April cus? We'll be with auntie n and Zoe for a few drinks.

Oh, Wait might be in recovery mode in april as well. Dammit!

Thanks for the good wishes.

For the surgery I consulted Opera on, I've decided not to do it here and now. My home town in the US does not have so many experienced doctors and plastic surgery hospitals like Korea. US doctors probably perform the same surgery 4 times per week vs Korean doctors 4 times a day. So it's either so-so honest doctors in my home town, or great doctors in hostile hospitals like Opera.

Considering this is how they treat their future patients, I am concerned that Opera may not be a very sympathetic hospital that will willingly help their patient should there be any issues post surgery. So I am not sure I will come back to Opera for any surgery. Consider this deposit a hard lesson learnt. I paid the fee so hopefully others never have to.

I also know Opera has many Chinese patients (I saw quite a few while there). Hopefully someone from that demographics can read this post and warn others and save their some headache as well.

Hahaha sounds like so much fun!!! Unfortunately, I have no plans to go back to Korea after my trip in September.. At least not for a long while... Plane ticket's are super expensive foo!!! And besides, I'm not fun to drink with... I'm a total one-shot wonder.. Me+halfshot=rolling on the floor. No joke. I usually drink super watered down cocktails if not virgin... LOL. But it's okay, cause most people think I'm plastered when I'm 100% sober anyway. ha!

But I hope mother Nanxy and you have a blast! Nanxy sounds like she'd be great fun, and you give off the impression of an experienced drinker with high tolerance. LOL.

Ahhh I really want to go clubbing in Korea!!! I want to dance to house music!! and the electro scene is barely catching on in my home town... You guys should check out all the hottest clubs come April and let me know how it goes!!!

I second your facepalm... Your friend is fearless entrusting her face to a surgeon w/o doing any research whatsoever...

Hi Worries,
did you do your surgery at Jewelry ? I am contemplating Jewelry cos they can do big dolly eyes !

I know you did your eye revision at Eve but cannot recall you did your initial eye surgery at Jewelry. Hope you can enlighten me more on Jewelry.
Thank YOu !
:biggrin:

One drink and you're floored, lol, your partner must be loving the savings, let me buy you a couple of drinks at the next reunion! I'm a looney tune too without alcohol but with...... well, lets just say Iaan's in for a laugh, lets hope he doesn't pop any stitches! I've got a few others coming along in April so it will definitely be a huge blast! Friends and also silent readers that email me.