BeautyHacker

best plastic surgery clinics in Korea

Thanks, Schrodinger..:smile:

I m very impressed with yrs too. Besides, u only hv to do yr nose to look this good!

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So tats nice to hear. I love the fact thar fat graft can make me look younger but hate that I have to repeat to have tat done:smile:

Hi apple, I will be going there early Feb too.good timing :smile: do u hav any clinics in mind ? It will be my first time visiting Korea . Simply because of PS;) how abt u?
Xo

Hi london_chick ,
Thank u for sharing ur experience with us. Is it possible for me to have Nicoles contact as I will be there early Feb next year and I will def need a translator and someone who can take care of me post op:P
Manythx

Dan4me
I have to say u look amazing :P

did dr. park do your nose as well? or was it dr. gim or a different surgeon?
and are you satisfied with your nose? i read you mentioned something about going to get a revision

Hello, I am new to this forum, but I've been more of a silent reader for
a few months now. I've been thinking about PS for years, my main focus
being rhinoplasty and possibly a jaw reduction surgery. I was considering
Thailand because of the lower prices, but I then came to the conclusion
Korea would be the safest choice (and gathering valuable info on this
forum compared to Thailand).

Honestly speaking, Dan4me's surgery and looking at Korean celebrities
confirmed my decision to go to Korea. Girl, you honestly look breath-taking!:tup::biggrin:
You have the kind of results that I am dreaming of when
I get PS. I know I'm probably the 1000th person asking you for before
and after pics and I know it must be terribly annoying, I'm so sorry :sad:
but your results are just THAT amazing. :biggrin:[email protected]

I was actually considering going to Grand or Banobagi at first,
but after seeing Dan4me's avi & other pictures, I am definitely going to consider BK on my list!

Haha this will be my second time in Korea, first was for vacation purposes. I'm thinking of JW, Teuim, and Grand because I want to focus mostly on eyes for now. It'll be good if we can go around same time, and share accomdation to save cost and provide support of course!!

Dr Gim has given me exactly what I wanted. Lower bridge and similar to the ID nurse' tt I have requested for. But I din do sufficient homework to know the difference between straight nose and S nose. Like Grand said, he will give me a straight one, whereas Dr Gim said, an S + my request for low bridge and the nurse nose.

Dun think I am in the position to ask for free revision coz there's nothing wrong with my nose for now. So, I am keen to explore other clinics which have been doing many straight noses and proven.

Oh, and my hb said it looked natural.

I'd say grow love for your current nose if right now there's nothing medically wrong with your nose. Too many revisions will not be good. :smile:

Sounds great Apple:smile: where r u coming from? And do u speak Korean ?

I was keen to head to Korea for ps and started researching online before I found this thread. It contained many useful information for people new to ps and is also a good place to buddy up before you head to a foreign land alone, for probably a life changing moment of your life. At least it was for me.

So I headed to Korea with a forumer on Sept 18 and was all excited about being able to come back from Korea, looking prettier and all. We had a list of clinics in mind and had already booked consultations for the entire day of Sept 19. 1st on our list was Grand, and like most people who had shortlisted Grand as one of their options, it had performed surgeries on celebrities although mostly on facial contouring, as well as their impressive before and after results that they showcase on their website and those you can find on YouTube. So with anticipation, i headed to Grand at 10am. I was tired from traveling the night flight but still mustered enough energy to sit through the consultation and waiting time to finally get to see the doctor. Sales s taff were determined to keep you there till you decided to have surgery with them. They kept negotiating with you in terms of pricing, repeating how famous their doctor is and so therefore his schedule is tight, so if I want surgery the next day, I had to decide fast, and how I should not visit other clinics as I'll be wasting time etc... All the sales tactics to make me commit with them.

In my mind, I did like the doctor, as he took time to explain to me through a translator how he will improve my appearance. I told him how I wanted my eyes and nose to look and even showed him pictures. He listened patiently. He communicated with me patiently and told me why I will not be able to achieve the results I wanted as the picture I've showed him, and how he will give me a look more suited to my current structure of my face. I listened intently, and I agreed with his comments. It all did make sense to me. The doctor seems to know what he is doing and gave me sensible advice. The translator spoke fluent English and I had no problem delivering my message across, and she seems empathetic too. I thought all was perfect. And it did help that I already had a good impression of Grand while doing research on them. Price was negotiated to my budget. I had wanted to go on and visit other clinics for a 2nd opinion, just for security that I will make a right choice, but Grand kept saying I needed to make a decision fast else I may not get to operate the next day due to the surgeon's tight schedule. So after an hr of cooling off period over lunch, I came back to Grand and made my payment. Afterall, I really didn't want to risk visiting the other clinics on my list and ended up coming back to Grand and not have a surgery time the next day. I needed to have surgery the next day, as I will leave Korea in exactly 7 days, just enough time to remove stitches.

I will get ptosis correction, lowering of my eyelids, revision rhinoplasty and fat grafting to my forehead. I was scheduled for surgery at 1pm but did not get into the operating theatre till 2pm. Everything seemed like a rush, I was feeling scared and my English translator was not there. I had no one to express my fear to, everyone speaks Korean and no one will understand what I say nor even bother with how I feel. I consoled myself and told myself, heck, I will be asleep soon on GA and when I wake up, I'm on my way to a prettier me. So I told myself there was nothing to fear.

To cut down on the emotional roller coaster i went through the past week while healing, yes, it wasn't the best healing experience I had since I was in a foreign land all swollen and had to be eating Korean food everyday which I absolutely grew sick of, I'm 11 days post op. Till today, my eyes are still unbalanced. 1 eye has fully opened to reveal the entire iris while the other eye is still half opened. I'm feeling quite traumatized as I can't go out to face people and I can't go back to work. People have told me this is normal and may take 2-3 weeks to balance up, but a half opened eye to become fully opened suddenly?? I kind of doubt it, although I still hope for a miracle. I dread having to do a revision for this and if the results is not improving in this few days and weeks, I feel I've jeopardized my life with a silly decision to undergo surgery.

I was not ugly to begin with, I consulted a local surgeon and he told me not to meddle with my face as he felt I was pretty and had no need to undergo anymore surgeries. I was happy with what i have too but i wanted perfection. He warned me that Korea has many fatalities and unreported failed procedures that are kept hush hush as he frequently travel to Korea for conventions. I still went ahead despite his warning. Am I now reaping the results of my own ignorance and stubbornness despite well intended advice? I have regrets but I still cross my fingers everyday and hope for the best.

Thanks for the detailed ran through of your experience, surgery results take same time to show, please don't be so hard on yourself.you have just came out from surgery and for now, wait for the swelling and all to came down first, it will get better in time. don't do any further procedures as it will only make the swelling worse. Usually they have a post op swelling injections for occurance like this.

I hope for your speedy recovery !!