BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

Kain, my wisdom teeth are growing out weird too, instead of coming out vertically they're coming out horizontally so I definitely need to get them out >"< Are you worried that your dentist will knock your nose when he's extracting them?? According to my dentist my mouth is tiny so I'm scared he's going to pry open my jaw and hit my nose in the process!!

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we should all organize a get together!!!!! That would be so awesome. haha.

I was changing my shirt the other day and I don't know how it happened but I pulled my shirt over my head and my hand hit my nose really hard, my eyes started watering. Then I thought my nose was going to be crooked because I hit it so hard, it scared me. I had to put ice on it again because it was starting to swell up unevenly.

Didn't know changing clothes could be so dangerous to my nose. haha. Gotta be cautious and extra extra careful. :sweatdrop:

LMAO!!!! Yellowsuitcase - you are so funny. Glad I wasn't there while you had your nose dressing done. I would be laughing and in pain. I mean I wouldn't laugh at your pain, just the situation in general. I was laughing at Omommomo when she had hers done. I just thought it was funny how people reacted to it.

Yeah, every time he changed the dressing, I would hold my breath so they would always tell me - breathe, breathe, relax. The nurse had to hold down my hands the first time. I always kicked my feet while sitting in that chair though. Just couldn't help it. haha..scream at everything?? I should have done that.

Are you healing fine? Good luck.

Hher!! This happens to me all the time too, except it's when I'm reaching up to sweep my hair out of my eyes or rub my eyes >"< It's like my body is trying to sabotage my new nose's healing!!

Hello everyone, I didn't write for a bit because I was thinking about my surgeries.
So, I have a nice nose, it is not that swollen, but I hope it is because I feel like the bridge is a bit high for me. Actually, I feel like Mister Patato in Toy Story. I have a nice nose attached to my swollen face that has a patato/pear shape.
I think the nose is nice, but actually, I think I would have wanted a lower radix. That was the only point on which I said to Dr Lee that he could do whatever he wants and I think it is not a good idea to let someone else make the decision for you, because after all your taste might be different, no matter how expert the other person is. I have a short face in vertical length, and now, I feel like I have a caucasian nose on an Asian face, and I look like Ally McBeal. I think it is a beautiful nose that I've got, but I lack facial harmony, I hope this is because of the swelling, but since everyone is saying I do not have much swelling, I worry that I will end up with the current face that I see as of now. Also, I've done my eyes, so they look very big. I currently look ugly. I was planning on correcting obvious signs of surgery with make up, but I am disturbed by the high bridge that I have. The nose is nice, but the fact that the bridge is high gives from the frontal view, the impression that my nose is twice longer than before. Also, I feel like I have a wooden trunk starting a bit lower than my eyebrows. If I had a lot of swelling I'd think it's going do go down, but as I am afraid I do not swell a lot and almost 5 "realself" doctors said the rib cartilage would not reabsorb, I think I'll have to get used to that Ally McBeal face's proportions (long nose on a small face). Also, I worry because apparently a rhinoplasty should go with a genioplasty and since my paranasal implants and projected nose, my chin looks very protruded which wasn't the case before as I had less nose projection. Can people reassure me and tell me that even though they did not have much swelling post op the nose did shrunk.
Also, does the rib rhinoplasty change the smile or it is just temporarily changed for few months post-op ? I used to like my smile, now, only my mouth corners go up and my smile is not as large as before and because of the nose projection my teeth seem more far away in the back, showing less teeth. Does anyone else feel the same ?

Also, will the nose be hard for life ? Because it is really stiff. I currently cannot make facial expressions in a natural way. I just move up and down my mouth corners and I look very bad. I think I need to hide for a long time at least until I can get my old smile back. How long did it take you guys to smile normally again ?

Hi everyone! I havent been on here in a while, but my friend just got her nose and chin. Done. If you guys want to see photos, let me know.. She gave me permission to share ^_^ i know photos can be helpful so i asked her if. I could share with you guys :smile:

hahaha - everyone keeps worrying about this. I'm slowly getting my smile back. I'm almost 2 months post op. So I say to smile normally again - maybe 3 months????? Depends on how you heal, individually. My lips and fat grafts are not stiff anymore. I can finally talk normal again.

Hope this helps answer your question.

my nose definitely shrunk. its smaller than it was at 1 or 2 weeks post op. one side of my nose is still more swollen than the other. it has been slowly improving but it still looks a bit even.

at 1 week post op, i didnt think i had much swelling but it idk now, cos i dont think rib cartilage reabsorbs this quickly. so it was probably swelling that i didnt know i had

i was kinda worried about my nose. but i could tell him to avoid my nose and chin

@rawdude, probably. I think surgeons have a rather...different sense of humor.

@HHer, healing fine, thanks! Unfortunately, I slept on my side yesterday and the nose is a little (a lot me thinks) slanted to the side. Crooked AND chubby. Winning combination yeah.

@angleplane, i think it depends on who you want to hear it from. i know dr jung and dr lee all overgraft to allow for long term reabsorbtion. JoAnn says that reabsorbtion happens most on the radix/bridge area while the swelling usually persists on the tip. Overall though, all these are averages and it's best to just wait it out and see what happens for you since averages are a pretty bullshitty thing. They're super easy to manipulate (stats minor here). Just don't hide yourself! I highly doubt people will scrutinize you as much as you think they would. Apply makeup if you feel really self conscious.

Hi all,

I've been a very long time silent reader(since 2007). I'm very interested in getting a nose job. I've always been very self conscious about my nose and I think it's about time I do something about it.

CROK AND REIYUNA:
I believe you two had your nose done in Banobagi. I don't want to be impolite but I've been considering Banobagi for more then a year now. I was wondering if you guys can continue updating your progress and share with us. It would really be very helpful and much appreciated for me and I'm sure other silent reader. If not asking too much? can you guys send me before and after picture to my email is [email protected] I promise I wont show to anyone and I'll delete it after.

Originally Posted by crok View Post
MY REVIEW OF BANOBAGI

I'm basically copying/pasting what I've written in msgs. Please excuse bad grammar/redundancies. I'm a bit tired.

Before I start, I just want to state/request that: 1) this is MY perception of MY surgical experience and therefore may not be entirely accurate/universal and 2) If you request photos, please do not post/send my photos online/via e-mail/twitter/facebook/whatever (regardless of how cut out/choppy they are). I am a very private person and would like this personal experience to remain so. I am sending you my photos because I hope I can help someone who was once in my place. I hope you can respect that. ^^

The Basics
Clinic: Banobagi
Day of surgery: Friday around 5pmish-10pm (with breaks in between eyes & nose)
What: Eyes (double eyelid & mild ptosis correction---excisional)--If you see Banobagi's eyelid chart there are 4 levels (from smallest to biggest). I got eyelid folds that were in between 2-3. Nose- (bridge & tip)--I have a silicone implant and tip work done with cartilage. Pre-surgery, Dr. Lee estimated raising my bridge by 3mm. I'm not sure if that was the final height though.
Cost: 5,600,000 won--discounted about 600,000 for paying cash.

I am overall EXTREMELY happy with my experience at Banobagi. However, it was not entirely smooth sailing, mostly due to one particular moment that I will explain further below and my lack of preparation.

Doctors:
I found both Dr. Park (eyes) & Dr. Lee (nose) to be pleasant and cannot fault them on anything. They were helpful and skilled and I could tell that they put 110% effort in making me a better looking person. In fact, when Dr. Park was doing my eyes, he took longer than expected because he was trying to create eyes that were close to perfection as possible. I did feel a little rushed at the beginning, but my worries melted away as I saw/heard that he took his time with me (I'm Korean-Am,so I understand when he is talking with his nurse).

Clinic admin/nurses:
Overall, the admin/nurses were good.

However, there were moments where I felt like another number. I guess with such a large clinic that's almost unavoidable. Still, many of the workers there remembered my name, so take my words with a grain of salt.

What made my almost perfectly smooth experience bumpy, was 1) that I had to walk to the hotel by myself (a staff member usually takes you, but my surgery was late). Anyway, this fact isn't really a big deal. I was just cranky at the time. The hotel is literally 2 minutes walking distance. It was what followed that made the experience a little bumpy.

What irritated me was when i got to the motel they didn't have my reservation. At that point I was very very tired and carrying quite a bit of stuff, so I just wanted to rest. The motel clerk tried calling Banobagi, but he said he had to wait for a call back. I don't think I was waiting too long (10ish-15 minutes), but after having surgery, it felt like an eternity. Therefore, I got really huffy and just told him to give me any room and he charged me the full price. I think this experience would have been harder on someone who doesn't speak Korean. Minutes after I got into my room I received a call from Miry? (from the clinic) she was very apologetic and told me that the hotel had messed up my reservations. and she would take care of it. She ended up comping the hotel stay. I was rather rude though. I hung up on her the first time and the second time (after she resolved the situation) I said OK and hung up again.

The nurses were fine, but I at the time I didn't feel like they were tentative to my needs ...even though a nurse got me water twice. I think I was irked because I needed someone to change my gauze but instead of changing it she handed me gauze and tape. She probably thought she was being nice in giving me these supplies, but I was like, "wth, tape me up!" In their defense, they were cleaning the surgery room and I was being a major brat, so my experience is prob skewed. In retrospect, everyone was great. I was just really pissed off/bratty because 1) I underestimated the level of pain, 2) I underestimated the length of the surgery. A little about me: I'm impatient and hate lying still for long periods of time.

So bottom line:I don't think the admin/nurses were bad. In fact they were generally pleasant and did their very best in helping me. In fact, when I left Sunny helped carry my numerous things until I took a cab that was willing to take me out of Seoul. She also gave me a big box of pumpkin juice for free (even though they are usually only free for those will write about their experience on their site). I didn't write anything because I can't write well in Korean.

I'm just mentioning the negatives because I don't want to paint a false picture of my experience. I don't think my experience was the norm (though I can't be sure) and I know I was being a big brat! I have a temper and I'm the youngest child so I am inevitably babied (which I despise)...soo perhaps i was subconsciously expecting to be showered with attention, which I wasn't.

My 2 cents is that you just have to go into the situation with the understanding that this is a large clinic and that they'll do their very best to take care of you, but cannot be there for you all the time. I guess that's what family/friends are for. This is why I think having someone there for you is the best situation. I'm quite independent (backpack/travel alone for long periods of time, like doing solo activities, etc.) and even I felt alone. My own fault because I underestimated the experience.

Surgery/Post-op:

I think the surgery went extremely well. Even though I'm majorly swollen, I can tell that I look better. If that makes sense at all? After my eyelid surgery, I wasn't too swollen and I could tell that my eyes were quite symmetrical and were going to turn out well. The muscle correction also helped me A LOT. I feel like a weight has been lifted. My eyes are much quicker and I'm loving it. I had a very flat nose/face to begin with, so just having a nose (even it's swollen) really adds volumes to my face. Since, I'm only few days out I can't say much. I will update after I get my cast/stitches off.

I think the worst part (pain wise) was during surgery, but it's because I hate lying still. I don't feel sick and I'm not even taking pain meds.I had a headache yesterday, but it wasn't bothersome. I would say I'm fully functional (def. not looks wise), except that my eyes are very swollen and so my vision isn't the best. I really just feel like I have a slight cold (stuffy nose/watery eyes). I'm actually going back to work tomorrow (not by choice). I'm wearing a hat/mask at work.

Hrmm, what else. Oh yeah, my nose is naturally uneven (one side is shorter), therefore if you notice that in the pictures it's not because of the doctor's lack of skill. It's just how my nose is! He actually mentioned that he'd do his best to minimize the asymmetry.

Anyway, hope this helps!!! Msg me with with any questions.

ULTIMATE BOTTOM LINE: If i had to do the experience again, I'd still go with banobagi.

I'm not sure how to edit posts... but I just want to mention that I forgot to say that part of the reason that the surgery was painful/uncomfortable for me was because I had come down with a slight cold or bad allergies the night before. My throat was a little bit sore, my nose was stuffy/runny, and my mouth was dry so it made me cough. It was hard to breathe (but I still managed). Regardless, I think it affected my mentality during surgery.

I am planning to go to Korea sometimes in November for two weeks just to do consultation with all the clinics there and meet with the Drs and of course enjoy all the Korean food. I will definitely share my experience with all.

By the way, a little about me. I'm 25 years young, Female, Grew up in Orange County and currently live in San Francisco. Hate to say it but I really hate my nose. All my sibling have the perfect nose. I would even say, much pretty than some Caucasian nose. For some reason, I ended up with a long mid bridge, fat bulbous, and very very wide nostril especially when I smile. I hate taken picture. Picture seem to make my nostril appear worse or maybe it just is.

Does anyone know a really good Doctor that specialize in nose tip and nostril reduction? Much help will be greatly appreciated.

I just want to thank everyone who contribute all the 411 here. To all the brave one that went through the surgery. Wish you guys a speedy recovery. Everyone been very helpful here.