BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oopps, I've been meaning to post, but I've been really busy. T-T

Anyway, I'm 10 days post op now (so no more stitches/cast) and my swelling is mostly gone. I have very little bruising left on lower eyelids. The inside of my right nostril is kind of swollen, so breathing in that nostril is harder but doable.

I'm very pleased with my results so far. My nose looks great and my eyes will look better once the eyelids get smaller. Some people like my eyelids this size, but I like them smaller (personal pref). I'm really excited and can't recommend banobagi enough ^^. I'm continuing to update my photo log. I'm not doing it daily anymore though--just every couple of days. PM me for pictures/questions.

Babe,

I really think you shouldn't judge your nose right now because the truth is it will go down! I know it is hard because it is right there everytime when you see the mirrow and you look so different. You have to stay positive ok. DO you have thick skin to start off with? My nose is huge right after surgery and after 7 months now, it is still deswelling. I looked back at my pictures and I see a big difference which I never realise seeing the nose everyday. So, you must be patient to see the end results...
Since you kept telling Dr Lee you didnt want a long nose, I dont think He will give you one.If you already have a short vertical face, Dr Lee will be able to judge the length of your nose perfectly.

So, to sum it up. Your nose will be fitting to your face and YES! it is the swelling!

Also, dont think about what others said. Forget about what you should have done or what you shouldn't.
Dont let the words of others make you feel you have made the wrong choice.

Oh yeah, I haven't been using my hot pack as much as I should. I only did it one day this weekend. I know, I'm bad. X_X. Anyway, keep that in mind when looking @ my photos.

Also, my bridge isn't as high as other peoples' because my forehead/chin is flat. I'm really happy with the height though and it flatters me a lot. It is also very natural, so you can't really tell too much, if at all (I've been told by fam/friends). What I'm trying to say is that even if it's not your 'style' of nose, keep in mind that the nose that you want may not be best for your face. I feel fortunate because the vision I had, was what Dr. Lee (of banobagi) gave me. Very natural. It's my nose only enhanced.

My latest photos show more of my face because I know it's more helpful to show the balance of the features. However, I'm hesitant to post full photos, as everyone knows the internet is forever.

IF you're in Seoul though, I'm more than happy to meet up so you can see my face in person

x

Kayrider,

I agree with you to a certain extent. However, I think about this issue a lot of people aren't serious about the surgery...yet or if ever. But maybe they don't like their nose and want to pick up some info. It's easy for me to understand that they are not going to read 400 pages. So I would just ignore the people getting under your skin. I too have found it a little frustating that people don't pm or answer me, but lots of people DO answer me as well. Just figure you weren't likely to get useful information from them anyway and you aren't obligated to help.

For me this is all about to be in the past as my surgery is in 4 hrs. I will send before and afters to active users I think are serious even though my situation is a bit different from most of you all.

Kayrider, I feel your frustrations. You are going to to Korea in the first week of July and your anxiety is probably up to the roof. But please understand people that are done with their surgeries probably have moved on with their lives and left this forum behind. People that are going to korea soon are just as lost as you are. I am going at the end of July and will be there right after you left, otherwise I would love to hook up with you. I am going alone, don't know the language and have not contacted anyone that are going, but I think you could probably meet many people there while consulting other clinics. Keep your mind open and you will be surprise. And if you are decided to have surgery there you should be well taken care of (if you've done your research on the clinic.) In general, I think Korea is a pretty safe country and people are pretty helpful (I was there for a few days 10 years ago) I wouldn't want to do that in Thailand. :P
As for asking the same questions. I have been with the forum since Jan 2010, and at that time there are only a few pages on this particular forum. I have read thru many posts since then but I still can't find some info I read before. The search function here is not the best around. :graucho: It'd be great if someone don't mine answering you, and if you are tired of it, just don't read them.
Take it easy, anxiety is not going to help your surgery. Have a great trip there.

My total days in Korea are 19 days. And I got my surgery on the second day.
I am staying for this long because mandible take much longer for the swelling to go down. Just wanna be here and make sure things are going fine before flying all the way to north america.
Im staying at a motel. There are actually tons of motels/small hotels in seoul. Koreans call them love hotel and travellers love to stay here cuz it is cheaper but they also have everything like huge flat screen HD TV, wifi, desktop(inkorean), shampoo, bath gel, conditioner, bottled water, towel etc.
Some clinics have a guest house, like VIP has an officetel. But I find their surgery price is a bit expensive. It is pretty much up to u depends what degree of after care service you look for.
I dont know korean, Banobagi has a few personnel who helped me in english and was there to make necessary translation during my consultation. The two doctors that I consulted with speak some english. The last doctor who came to make sure if I was ready to leave the clinic, his english is actually perfect and im very surprised.

Hotels are cheaper if you book it thruough the clinics becausse alot of clinics offers a discounted rate at hotels if you get surgery there.

Yeah I agree that you should get your hotel and consultation date settled before you come.

yea im still wearing the bloody nose cast at the moment. will go back to get my stitches off in 2 days and have the cast removed/changed.

btw this is the 4 day post op. I start applying warm pack on my chubby face now haha...I look really funny in the mirror like those funny japanese cartoon character with huge head and small body.lol

Also, my korean friend says pumpkin is very good food for swelling to go down. She brought me an instant pumpkin soup yesterday and saying will bring more fresh ones later today or tmr. Im glad I got a korean friend here, she brought me soymilk and personal care stuff which i would have no time and no idea where to get them and have them ready after my surgery.

Originally Posted by JuicyME View Post
Hi everyone! I havent been on here in a while, but my friend just got her nose and chin. Done. If you guys want to see photos, let me know.. She gave me permission to share ^_^ i know photos can be helpful so i asked her if. I could share with you guys :smile:

_____
Hi Juicy Me, can you send me pics as well? Who did your friend get it done with?
Also, are you happy with your rhinoplasty with Dr. Ahn? Thanks!! :smile:

x

Hello everyone.

Since so many people had asked me for the photos, I'll post them here.

Before:
[​IMG]

After:

She got double eyelid surgery, medial epicanthoplasty, lateral canthoplasty around two months ago. Then she did her rhinoplasty last week. Then a few days after, she got a chin implant to balance out her face. All the after photos are a week post op.
(She doesn't like the chin implant, so she's getting it taken out this week.)

[​IMG]
[​IMG]

I hope this helps some people~ She made an amazing transformation and I am so jealous!!!!

XKasperX, Dr. Ahn did a very subtle and natural job. My satisfaction rate is 6/10. I wish I had tip work and alarplasty, but just the bridge was done. BOO. Looking into revisions. But my nose I can live with, my EYES are the biggest problem.

Wow....she looks totally different, dont know if it's due to the eye make or not. Wow her nose looks really good for it being one week post opt; what material did she use? I agree I like her chin before, it gives her more of a cute look now she is rather "sexy" looking! :smile: very nice job overall!
I am so jealous; side view of the nose looks AWESOME!!!!

:smile: You made a smart move to stay that long; when I got my mandible done at BK I only stayed 6 days. Usually swelling is worst on the 2-3rd day, but I found that my swelling went down immensly if you ice nonstop and sleep upright.
The motel you'r staying at sounds like a pretty good deal; the guesthouse at BK didn't have any shampoo, towels,soap etc. How much are you paying per day? I found some hostels online that go for $40/day, which I find isn't that bad and they seem to have all the things that you mention.

Thank goodness there was adequate english translations, that's one of my biggest concerns since not many doctors seem to be fluent in english...Do you remember how long they took to get back to you via email to answer your questions and book your consultation? I sent in a consultation form on their site today, hoping they'll get back to me. It's the one where I also had to leave my phone number.

Is the swelling for the nose worse in comparision to your jaw? I was looking throught pic reviewss on Bano's site and many of the patients had their nose cast removed by the 6/7th day and they pretty much looked back to normal o.o''
LOLOL you're like a chibi XD
and I've heard taht pumpkin's good for rejuvenating your blood circulation too since you've lost at during surgery. ^^ You're really lucky to have your friend there and take care of you~!

Your friend looks gorgous! :huh: she was already cute before, but afterwards she still looks very natural. I think she looks fine without the nosetip plasty but her genioplasty looked good to me, I guess she doesn't like it tho...

Sorry if this is repetitive, but waht clinic did she go to? Banobagi?