BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

Hi Jesse00,
Dr. Oh qoute was $8500 for revision rib rhino. I confirmed with his assistance that he would use all rib for revision case. I think some ppl mentioned before that he use silicon for the bridge, rib or ear for the tip but that is for primary. He did suggest other procedures for me to do due to my particular case and that adds up to a lot more.

I don't mean to scare anyone about the deformable rib paranasal. When i requested to have my paranasal done via rib, that's what he said. I don't know if he speaks from his experience or he just simply don't offer that option. I will have to do more research to verify if that is true.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, sorry to hear that :sad: Was it done in a mocking or "why did you go and do that tone"? If not, some people just don't understand how they come across. In fact I'm often guilty of it myself.

Well, I haven't left the house since coming back to the US. I didn't imagine I'd be this sensitive about going outside with my cast on. I'm driving to LA tonight under the cover of darkness :smile:

Oh it was definitely mocking. He was sober, too. I would be less hurt if it wasn't in front of the entire party, so reiterating to everyone that I had work done.

Welcome back to the States! How come you still have your cast on? How long will it be on for? Haha, nose casts in LA is very "Clueless".

Because I had to jump on my first class tickets before I had a confirmed surgery date. It then turned out that dr park was vacationing in the US for the first part of my trip, so I had to return only 4 days post op.

Are you going to be around tomorrow? I know OC is kinda far from downtown LA but it'd be cool to get a possitive or neutral reaction from someone who's seen me before. Not sure if it'd be an extra 60 miles of driving cool, but maybe...

Hi Jenstar11.
Thanks a lot for posting and sharing your experience. That really open my eyes on silicon. May I ask what material you had before the toriumi's rib? Did you use silicon before but didn't work? I have had silicon before but that moved to the side, also the shape kinda show thru the skin. I blamed the material and my body that rejected the foreign material instead of the Dr. But your post made me think that if the surgeon knows what he is doing, silicon could be a very good material to use. idk, I have rib harvested before and that did work either. I really would like to leave my torso alone instead of getting another scar.
Thanks again for your help.

[/QUOTE]

Hey, hahah townstory used to said my nose look like a sausage, it will go down soon, just walk:smile:

Hi guys! I’ve just signed up in this forum and i’ve to say I’m truly amazed at the extensive discussion threads with regards to asian rhinoplasty here!! Wow. I’m chinese and ’ve been thinking of getting a nose job since eons ago and now I’m sort of torn between the varying myriad of info and advice here, haha.. I just can’t make up my mind! Like whether to go tw or kr, which surgeons to choose and the type of materials (whether autologous or synthetic), etc etc… Even plastic surgeons I emailed to are giving me differing advice.

Sigh… shall take my time pouring through all the comments and posts, by our dedicated forum-ers! :biggrin: I didn’t know there is so many people discussing such a topic :o

o&young website: http://www.koclubchina.com/bna/nose_bna.html?mode=detail?co_id=&key=&s_gubun=&board_uid=11&page=&find_object=content&find_text=%E5%A4%A7&mode=show&idx=29&num=999999972&no=4

idhospital website: http://eng.idhospital.com/sub03/index.asp?cat_id=v

hi ppl ^^im going to O&young and IDhospital, both are located in Seoul, Korea. I am going on this Sept/Oct 2011. who want to accompany me there ?^^

hey guys!

regarding noses done in korea (in general), after viewing a number of b&a pics, i do commend the wonderful aesthetic sense and the transformation they promise... and also korea is known as the no 1 place in asia to do asian ps, and i realise many tw and mainland docs have a technique called korean rhino (basically using a synthetic I shaped implant for the bridge and autologous graft, usu from the ear for the tip), which i believe is the standard kr rhino procedure. judging from this, i can infer that korea is possb more ahead in the ps field, and more experienced too, so im kinda bought over to the korea side.

however, from my observation, i find ps-ed noses in korea quite unnatural. not that they are not pretty, but they adhere to the perfect dimensions so perfectly that they seem a tad plastic-ly fake. don't get me wrong, i do like the results! but then if you let me see the after pictures, i most of the time can tell quite readily whether a rhino has been done. (its so obvious for me, what do yall think?)

one example is a korean celeb(i shan't name who), and while watching him in a drama and even a novice like me could obviously tell that he did rhino, esp from the alars (i only just learnt this technical term from the forums, haha) and the nostrils... but no one believed me D:
i was still doubtful, til recently it appeared that he indeed got a nose job none.

if you ask me about the style, i would say i like tw's more cos they seem much more natural to me. but then, skillwise i would have to say korea!
im just afraid my nose would turn out quite fake... like those korean celebs. maybe cuz the perception of beauty is different there... but i wouldn't like my nose to look worked on:sad:

i've also did quite a fair bit of research of on the type of materials, shall share what i found :smile:
regarding whether to use autologous or synthetic implant:

autologous-- recent posts in this thread favor using rib cartilage. adv: no risk of rejection. doesn''t look as fake? natural.

disadv: might result in drooping lungs, damaged to the rib during healing process, since cartilage don't really grow back (but it depends on indiv, some people are more susceptible to such complications as others, so shant generalize.)
extra wound site and extra scar (though can be made less visible by a skilled surgeon)
and, reabsorption. (depending on indiv. just because you don't have reabsorption doesnt mean it won't reabsorp down the road. also, some people are more prone to reabsorption to others.-->you don't know which type you are)

shan't talk about donated rib--> they have much greater risk of rejection over time and reabsorption, so if you want to use donated, might as well use implants..

surgeons in the west seem to favor rib, because of the abovestated advantages, but also because caucasians seem to have thinner skin that asians, so an implant will show, esp the shininess.

--> but do anyone know if using rib will still result in a shininess on the bridge?

synthetic implants: asians, due to thicker skin etc, seem to be able to tolerate ext. implants better.
do not have the above listed disadv for autologous materials.

disadv: rejection, extrusion. (fr use of silicon).

difficulty to remove, removal causes deformation (for use of goretex-- but i heard this is not true if the surgeon uses goretex sheets, insteead of goretex blocks)

hmm...

Does anyone know the websites for JW, April3t, and 101???

[/QUOTE]

i think rib tip will give me the kind of projection that i want. i have a bulbous tip and when i was doing my research a while ago, i read in a korean medical research paper that rib is the best possible material for TIP PROJECTION. however, rib doesn't necessarily make the best material for bridge, for reasons you all know... i'm worried about rib warping as well as my nose looking not as feminine. all materials have pros and cons but i do know that gortex has a very low infection rate and also doctors who specialize in gortex say that it is not difficult to remove (if i ever need to remove it). i believe that gortex has a faster recovery time as well.. but it is a foreign material and i'm afraid of foreign materials in my body. hence the dilemma... :/

No one here can tell you what your opinion of fake-ness should be. So it's whatever you think it is

@Jenstar11: Thank you for your technical post. It is very informative. Even if I was already operated I am still very interested in having informations about Korean clinics, material used for rhinoplasty and Korean doctors.
I am glad that this forum is going back to sharing useful information about rhinoplasty and the actual procedure. So, people like Jenstar11 would not keep such useful information thinking it would not interest the readers.

Like McDreamy, I am also interested in the links to the websites of the clinics you mentioned (101 etc.), it would be great if you could post the links on the forum.

@Jesse00: Rib cartilage for the tip was also my conclusion, I am interested in your Korean article. Can you send me the pdf or link ? at : xxxx

My conclusion was that rib cartilage was the only material that was strong enough to have a projected tip, as opposed to ear or septal cartilage.
As for the bridge, I thought rib cartilage is big enough and is hard, so it can only give more room (because more material to work with) for the doctor to curve it and do a bridge as he thinks fits best.
And as you probably read in my previous post, Dr Wang said that I could only have the result I wanted if I used rib cartilage (I showed him a picture of his previous patient).

Useful information :
Dr Lee told me he took 2 hours to harvest my rib (as I already mentioned in a previous post).
Apparently, after harvesting the rib, the doctor leaves the rib in a solution for 2 hours to see how it behaves (to see if K-wire is needed I guess).
During these 2 hours, it is good if the surgeons keep busy by doing other procedures on the patients to optimize the time.
Dr Lee stays with the patient during these 2 hours (even if he doesn't have any fat grafts or genioplasty to do), I think this shows that he's still focused on the patient.
On my case, he has spent 6 hours on the rhinoplasty (total : 8h, as I already mentioned in a previous post).
So, even if in some of my previous posts I said that Dr Lee was rushed. I think it depends if it is a peak period or not (my liposuction was at the end of June, my rhinoplasty at the beginning of June).
He still takes the time needed if the rhinoplasty requires so.
I think it is rare that doctors would spend so much time on a nose because it also means less profit (if he has only one patient for the entire day).
If other patients have heard of another doctors who spend so much time on one patient, for one procedure, I would really like to know the name of that surgeon. It is not ironic, I am really wondering if other surgeons spend so much time on one nose when the case is complicated.
Also, Dr Lee said he spent a lot of time on my deviated septum. I didn't know mine was deviated. Most people have a deviated septum and they don't know about it.
Since, we cannot tell from the appearance if our septum is deviated, I think it is a good thing that the surgeon takes a long time to correct it even though it does not dramatically contribute to the aesthetic change. It means the doctor works from the foundation. Does Dr Jung also systematically correct a deviated septum, as he is an ENT ?

Other information: Before surgeries, they test whether we are allergic to antibiotic, the shot or pinching with needle is extremely painful. I asked the other clinic who did that to me while awake why they didn't do it while I was asleep like at VIP and they answered that this should be done while awake. I don't know which one is best, but probably the reaction (if we are allergic) is stronger if we are awake, on the other hand, it is really great not to endure that sharp pain.