BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

Hello everyone!! I've been following this thread now on & off for about 3 years when it started out with just the one. It's gotten such a large following that they started a "part 2" :smile: Anyhoo, I just wanted to finally break my silence and let you all know that I'm so grateful for all the input and information that you guys put out here. I'm learning a lot so thank you soo much!!!

I'm one of those who's definitely considering getting rhinoplasty in the future but I want to get started on the research early. My target date is around August to September if all goes according to plan. Initially, I was interested in Banobagi as Jamasian had similar concerns with her nose and she got it done there with amazing results. Though if I had choice, I would prefer to stay local just in case I get an infection or I need to get in touch with the doctor right away. So when it was revealed to us that JuicyME had hers done in nyc, I was really excited in that I may have found plastic surgeon that is very competent in dealing with asian noses that is accessible to me by car.

I don't really want to say that I have an "issue" with my nose, just that it could be BETTER. I'm kinda paranoid that if I get the surgery, it'll turn out worse than how my nose originally is. I'm okay with the bridge, it's the tip and the alar I'm concerned with. From the frontal view, I'm okay with how my nose looks "at rest"; it's when I smile that my alars become too wide for my liking. I figured this can be fixed with just some work on the tip so that it projects more and will balance out the width of my alars.

To JuicyME:
Can you give me some details as to how your consultation with Dr. Ahn went? Did he show you any pictures of his previous works? Or do a virtual simulation before-and-after? Did he touch and feel your nose? How long did the consultation take? Was there a fee? You also mentioned that he didn't have a website, but I found one of a Dr. Jeffrey Ahn who has offices in Park Ave, NYC and Fort Lee, NJ; could you please verify if this website is on the same Dr. Ahn who did your surgery or if it's another who shares the same name:
http://www.jeffreyahnmd.com/

Thank you soo much in advance!! :smile:

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum and have been lurking for a while. I'm just trying to gather as much info as I can. I actually have an appointment scheduled soon to visit VIP with Dr. Lee. I want to make sure that I'm informed as I can be :0)

Uzura, would you mind emailing me at [email protected]???? I'm just trying to gather as much info as I can prior to making any decision. I just want to go about this the smart way. I appreciate any info you ca give me as far as your experience with VIP.:ty:

hey, as some may kno i plan to get my rhinoplasty done in china. i just have a few concerns with doing my surgery overseas. i have read alot in articles that there are many unqualified and un-certified plastic surgeons in asia, (china in particular). How would one go about finding if a surgeon is licensed and a board certified plastic surgeon? i kno in the states they have the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASAPS). Would they happen to have something like this in china? im very confused and need some help on how to figure out if a plastic surgeon in china is properly qualified for the job. helppppppppppp.

this is the kind of spirit. coolness.

look at what uve done? luring all the LURKERS out already! lol

lol

CHINA? did i hear wrongly? WHY CHINA? do u know many screwedup cases r from china? why china? whats the rational? sorry pls enlighten me..

@catlover88;18225047]Need advice from those who stayed in VIP officeTel. How's the overall cleanliness of the apt? 6.5/10 (not a hotel and its FOC so i cant complain)

Do I have to bring my own bedsheet, pillow case & towel?-highly recommended

I'm freaking particular about having these squeaky clean and smelling good. And do they supply slippers, fridge, microwave and bowl/chopstick/spoon- YES found them at the closet kitchen(if u are lucky u can find some left over food i bought ;p) ... I'm trying to travel as light as I could, so that my post-ops ribs dun have to deal with heavy luggage.( thats true. very important point GUYS- once your luggage gets heavy, u ll need help carrying them IF U need to. like get someone to help u)

Also, do you have to fast before the pre-op tests (which I understand include blood works, ECG and XRay, am I right?).( by right need to i think; but not very important,i think they just want to make sure u are "healthy" enough and your lungs r clear i guess, u can still do nose job even if u 2 hearts or 3 lungs ;p ) They're getting me to go straight from airport to clinic upon arrival to do these tests and she din mention anything about having no food b4 that.(same here, just do it)

btw - for those 1st timers to Seoul, be aware that your GSM cellular phone may not work there (the cellular network is mainly CDMA) This time, I've reserved a rental phone online to pick up at airport, charges a bit higher but more convenient.[/QUOTE]( gsm did work for me, but the locals cant get me thru my cellphone. but overseas calls/txts went fine)

too late. my breakfast out already. lol just kidding!

u look great dunt worry. replied u.

u may want to consider removing the tiny " tear " moles below eye .. not good for "FENGSHUI" ;p

btw: sweet dimples!

rawdude - have yet to receive your reply ..

yup.. gotta remove lots of stuff.everything is being placed wrongly.. ha ha. thinking of fats transfer to my undereyes.. but my mole is there. will laser kill the fats transfer underneath it..

gosh..

I having my surgery at VIP in mid May. After reading a couple of previous posts, I'm kinda freakin out again. Haha.

Rawdude, do you still keep in touch with JoAnn to keep her updated with your healing process? I know your nose is still probably swollen, but is your nose starting to look like what you had asked for?

dr kao did tell me my rib cartilage has calcified but i'm not sure to what extend as he told me that he couldnt carve it and had to 'sand' the cartilage instead. not sure if its a good thing as i read up that if the rib cartilage has started calcifying, it means a lower chance of the rib cartilage warping but does that also mean that the bridge will look too hard and fake looking?

yes a couple of post op mails. but i stopped cuz im fine and i know shes very busy handling u guys' emails. lol

it is wot i had asked for as i wanted my deviation to be corrected and it did, i dunt really care how my nose look after op as i know anyhow, its gonna ne better than my old. lol but it is ok.. i asked for a natural one, so no drastic change but improvements. which is good enough. a perfect nose wont suit my face. anyway i cant tell totally now cuz its only 1 month post op. tip still swelling.

dr lee is not gonna make your nose look ugly, but WHat u want exactly must be reasonable and balance your face i think, good luck