BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

Quick answer. LOL!
Usually infection happen when not well taken care of during the recovery period. Infection will not start off in pain first. In general infection symptoms are fever and inflammation. It will be painful only during removal and it diffcult to remove as the tissue had grow/stick within the gore tex.

As mentioned in the file.

COMPLICATIONS
Jin et al from Korea have published a large series of
patients who have received PTFE implants for either
dorsum or tip augmentation.
In the 853 patients studied, complications occurred in 4.2%.
The most
common complication was infection (2.1%). Implant
removal was required in 2.2% of cases. Others report
similar implant removal numbers (2.7% of cases).
No extrusions are reported.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks! Got it.

Your nose look good! Agree that the tip look a bit bulbous but is ok. It look harmonic of your nose and overall facial. So don't need to do anymore job on your nose unless revision needs. So don't do anything.
You look great!
If it pointed, I think it don't look like asian nose anymore. Agree?

I don't want a pointy nose, i just don't want a bulbous nose!!!! :'( sniff sniff... maybe I should get tiplasty?

Maybe but what I think you look ok. Are you still within 12 month recovery?

do they put in a catheter?

i peed blood this morning and i did some research and found out that i have a uti/kidney infection. i'm gonna tell them when i go to the clinic

but i think i got the uti from a catheter if they used one...

that would explain the fever and blood

destiny,

i've been meaning to ask you why you decided to use diced cartilage as opposed to rib cartilage that most people seem to be using...

Is it because you had enough septal and ear cartilage to build your bridge whereas most of the vip ancestors had to opt for rib cartilage because they didn't have enough of ear or septal cartilage?

waterskin,

your article seems to say that rib rhino is not the way to go... :hrmm:
(haha couldn't help but rhyme a little :P)

"Oriental patients who request rhinoplasty most
often require significant dorsal and tip augmentation.
Standard cantilever bone grafts29 or cartilage techniques
have been found to provide inferior aesthetic results to
those of implant augmentation.25 Bone grafts are known
to undergo resorption, and large cartilage grafts over the
dorsum often warp over time. They are therefore infrequently
used."

instead, it advocates diced cartilage rhinoplasty...

"First, there is no warping with this
technique. Second, the nasal shape can be adjusted
postoperatively over 1 to 2 months. Third, there are
fewer postoperative complaints from difficult patients as
they can gradually alter the final shape of the nose after
surgery."

doesn't that sound neat? you can adjust the shape of your nose 1-2 monts postoperatively. i wonder how that works?! i must ask dr. lee!!!

@Kain: If you got an infection because f the use of catheter, it's scary... It doesn't seem very professional. By the way, you didn't tell us, are you happier than before surgery ? Since you didn't say anything I guess you think it's better than before.

@jesse00 and destiny: I am also interested in knowing if diced cartilage is better than going for rib cartilage. How come Dr Lee chose diced cartilage for your case ?

Angleplane...I was the one who brought up the "superstar" stuff, haha I was just having fun and exaggerating.

The reason why they suggested fasica for me is cause my bridge was already high and I had enough septal cartilage for my tip. I think my tip still looks the same as pre opt, the only thing that changed with of course my bridge and radix. I think that is mainly where he added the diced cartilage wrapped in fascia. Plus, I told them I did want to go drastic and used ribs or silicon or gortex, so I guess fascia was the only option left.

Yes, they put a catheter on me too, and I too developed a UTI. It was the most painful crap ever, and I did had a fever as well. Make sure you tell JoAnn, after the meds I felt fine.

But after I got my rhino I did more research on diced cartilage wrapped in fascia and according to the medical journal it seems like its the best way to go. Plus in the journal it says that it doesn't absorb. However, JoAnn says that it will absorb a lot. So...I dunno if it cause I told JoAnn I HOPE my radix goes down, thus hoping that it absorb. So she went ahead and says that it WILL................? WHo knows