BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Jenstar,
Would you please share which surgeon you ended up having a surgery with? I am considering other surgeons as well.
Dr. Lee at VIP is my first choice but there are a few issues/confusions that I have with them that I have yet sorted out. I won't jump into the conclusion until those issues are cleared. Then I might post those for other people for review.
Dr. Oh at O & Young, he would do my nose revision with all ribs. I really like the after pictures he did. But he would only do silicon for paranasal and said it would be deformable to use rib as paranasal implant. I'll have to verify that.
Your info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Sorry I drafted my post in the morning before jenstar11s' post but didn't hit the submit bottom until I return in the afternoon. Didn't realiz you already posted who the surgeon was.

As Dream quoted me a price of 6 million won for rib, it might be helpful to others to (re)post how much you paid knowing that VIP appears to be on th expensive side.

I just wondered if anyone has been to or heard about Samsung Kangnam clinic (http://www.ksamsung.co.kr)? I would appreciate it very much if you could share information about this clinic. I am interested in Samsung Kangnam because the doctor there uses biomaterials for nose bridge. He said that he has used Permacol for around 7 years and has never had any case of infection. This material is really safe and the good thing is your tissues can grow into it so after sometime it would become your autogenous tissues, according to the doctor. I seriously consider Permacol for my nose because I don't want to have an implant and don't want to undergo a major surgery to havest rib either. Permacol sounds like a perfect option for me. If any of you ever have had your nose done using permacol, please please share information!

@Jenstar11: Thank you very much for sharing information about JW. I have been in communication with Dr.Suh for nearly one year now. I remmeber that I asked about JW on here long time ago but nobody answered. To be honest, if Dr.Suh used biomaterials, I would go with him without any hesitation because among all the clinics I have contacted (including VIP), Dr. Suh is the one who satisfies me the most in terms of details and knowledge. I sent him a lot of emails and he patiently answered all of them, usually the next day and if he didn't have time to reply right away he would still email me back, telling me to wait for 1 or 2 days. I really like the way he works. At that time, I thought that he might not have a lot of patients so he was more prompt on emails but when I visitted his clinic last Christmas for consultation, I was totally wrong. The clinic was packed with local people and Dr.Suh was extremely busy but he remembered me and even remembered what I asked for in my emails. He is a great doctor, I have to say. And he speaks very good English so you don't have to worry about communication ect. To be honest, if I come to a clinic, I would prefer to talk directly about everything with the doctor rather than have to deal with a manager.
By the way, jenstar11, what material did you have for your nose?

@Angelplane: Please don't feel guilty about posting some negative experience about VIP. I believe many forumers like me, who haven't had our noses done would really appreciate what you shared, both positive and negative points so we would have a more objective view about the clinic. No matter what happened concerning the misunderstanding about your payment and CT scan, the way they treated you is really rude and unprofessional. I know some clinics even do CT scan free of charge for patients before consultation, without any obligation to have surgery after that and with a clinic that charges patients a lot like VIP, CT scan fee is just like the cost of a cup of coffee. I am glad that you were honest about your experience. I have not been much interested in reading this forum recently because it seems to become a VIP forum now with a few usenames obviously advertise for VIP. I am sure that VIP staff get on here because I even know the person who told VIP about this forum. I really hope that other people will share their experiences with other clinics as well!

It's been a little over 3 weeks now since my surgery at JW. I wanted to share my experience on this forum but found that everyone was all about vip so I didn't think anyone would be interested. This is also to answer a private msg i just received. I figure someone else may benefit from my experience instead of just writing this in private msg. Also because i didn't have my surgery at vip so I don't feel the need to hide anything from anyone. I had consultations with 3 clinics, JW, April3st, banobagi. The clinics that specialize in revision that were recommended by my friend's plastic surgeon friend were: JW, 101, Dr. Lee (vip), O&young and April31. Note Dr. Lee is on here so i'm sure he is a reputable doctor. However, he highly recommended JW and 101.
I've had three surgeries on my nose with the last one being with Toriumi and rib graft.
I felt most comfortable with dr. suh of all the consulations. He said he does rib but he does not place them on the dorsum/bridge of the nose due to possible irregularities, warpage, visibility of implant at the margin of the bridge. It a pt lacks ear/septal cartilage, he resorts to rib but places it only at the tip. That was what he did for my friend. She was depleted of ear and septal cartilages from her previous surgeries so he had to harvest rib to fix her tip. She is very happy with her result. He used gortex on her bridge. Many can argue that perhaps he doesn't specialize in rib and that's why he's not comfortable putting rib on the bridge. But you know what, after seeing the result of rib on my bridge, I agree with him completely regarding the irregularities and visibility at the margins.

Anyhow, at the consultation he said he might have to harvest rib again if he didn't have adequate rib that he'll get from the removal of my existing rib on the nose. Prior to surgery, he drew the location where he was going to harvest the rib on my body and everything, stating that there's a good chance he'd needed to go in to get it. So he removed the rib implant and that was replaced with a silicone implant for the bridge. He reused that rib to lengthen my tip and luckily he didn't have to go back in to harvest anymore rib since it was enough for him to work with. My skin on the dorsum was so thinned out by the previous nj that he said he had to work very meticulously and slowly to prevent perforation. I didn't have much expectation going into this revision, just as long as i have a smooth bridge was my main goal. All three doctors said my case was very difficult so I was very amazed with my result.

JW is a very busy clinic and their clientele is mainly the locals. Dr. Suh and Lee (the one who does facial contouring there) are the ones that speak fluent English. They have the other doctors who do eyes and body contouring but i didn't consult with them so I don't know if they are good with English or not. The office manager speaks limited English. I can't speak more highly of Dr. Suh. He is really great at what he does and from the number of locals that i've seen through his door, it speaks for him. Although they aren't catered to foreigners, they tried their best to accomodate us. They also called to make reservation at the local hotel for us since they have connection.

ok, to answer the question from the private msg who i won't name.
I paid $6500 for the nj at JW. My friend, who had rib harvested, paid $5500--her's was a tertiary revision and so was mine.
Here's the quote joann gave me: $9200 for revision, $5000 for removal of existing rib, $1500 for paranasal, $1500 for pre-maxilla augmentation. She gave me $2k off when i asked if she could give me a discount.
No, i didn't get paranasals with JW. In fact, dr. suh never even proposed that for me. At any rate, I didn't think that was necessary for my case to begin with and questioned why that was proposed for me.
I don't want to sway you if you've made up your mind already but it wouldn't hurt to consult with a couple of doctors before making up your mind. I know how you feel cuz I felt the same way with the quote. Let me know if you have anymore questions.

@Jenstar11: Thank you very much for sharing information about JW. I have been in communication with Dr.Suh for nearly one year now. I remmeber that I asked about JW on here long time ago but nobody answered. To be honest, if Dr.Suh used biomaterials, I would go with him without any hesitation because among all the clinics I have contacted (including VIP), Dr. Suh is the one who satisfies me the most in terms of details and knowledge. I sent him a lot of emails and he patiently answered all of them, usually the next day and if he didn't have time to reply right away he would still email me back, telling me to wait for 1 or 2 days. I really like the way he works. At that time, I thought that he might not have a lot of patients so he was more prompt on emails but when I visitted his clinic last Christmas for consultation, I was totally wrong. The clinic was packed with local people and Dr.Suh was extremely busy but he remembered me and even remembered what I asked for in my emails. He is a great doctor, I have to say. And he speaks very good English so you don't have to worry about communication ect. To be honest, if I come to a clinic, I would prefer to talk directly about everything with the doctor rather than have to deal with a manager.
By the way, jenstar11, what material did you have for your nose?

@Angelplane: Please don't feel guilty about posting some negative experience about VIP. I believe many forumers like me, who haven't had our noses done would really appreciate what you shared, both positive and negative points so we would have a more objective view about the clinic. No matter what happened concerning the misunderstanding about your payment and CT scan, the way they treated you is really rude and unprofessional. I know some clinics even do CT scan free of charge for patients before consultation, without any obligation to have surgery after that and with a clinic that charges patients a lot like VIP, CT scan fee is just like the cost of a cup of coffee. I am glad that you were honest about your experience. I have not been much interested in reading this forum recently because it seems to become a VIP forum now with a few usenames obviously advertise for VIP. I am sure that VIP staff get on here because I even know the person who told VIP about this forum. I really hope that other people will share their experiences with other clinics as well![/QUOTE]

:smile: Thanks so much for sharing your experience! It sounds like you're pretty satisfied with your results. So you have a silicone bridge and rib tip right? You said that JW isn't really catered to foreigners, if so, how did you book your consult? Did you email them? I've been looking at their rhino pics and the results seem pretty nice and natural. As for the price, it sounds pretty reasonable and def cheaper than VIP.
If I may ask, where are you staying now and how much is it costing per night?

[/QUOTE]

sorry if you've already mentioned this but how much did dr. oh quote you for rib rhino?

oh and please let us know about rib paranasal implant being deformable... :sad:

hi jenstar :smile:

i think most of us, who have not yet had our surgery, are interested in other clinics. It's just that vip is the most talked about clinic in this forum. so it almost automatically sways a lot of us to believe that vip is the best clinic and rib is the best material.

i'm really glad that you shared your experience with dr. suh. what dr. suh says goes along with some of the research that i've been doing as well. i read that one of the biggest advantages of using rib is for tip projection. it is difficult to achieve a well projected nose without using rib at the tip. however, a lot of the concern is that rib may not look as natural on the bridge. and of course there are risks of warping...

i've been considering gortex alongside rib because of the low infection rate...
so maybe a gortex bridge and rib tip is the way to go for me.

do you know how difficult it is to remove rib bridge?
also, how much experience does dr. suh have in rhinoplasty?

i have about 3 weeks to get all my info together and get my surgery so any info/help will be appreciated!

thanks !

[/QUOTE]

intherighthands, bisousx: I'm still swollen now. I'll post pictures when I'm less swollen! it's still omfg sausage nose when i wake up in the morning.

jessee00: why would you want a rib tip? Wouldn't ear cartilage be good enough if you're going for a goretex bridge? why suffer one more cut and risk one more scar?

I can't wait to see the pix :graucho: I went to my first social event for July 4.. most of my friends' reactions were positive. My gay friend and his mom were delighted with my nose. She knew about the rib procedures, apparently she's been doing her own research and wants to get hers done too. Another friend said that my nose looked much better, but that he loved my old nose (I replied that he just wanted me to stay ugly, lol. And he laughed) But one of my friends completely taunted me about looking like a white girl. He said made comments everytime he looked over at me, even when I asked him to stop. :cry: I'm going back into hiding. I wish I was back in Korea with you guys.

Lol sigh dear vipians now u know y i dnt want to contribute anymore? Only those of u truly know who is genuine. K k watever. Im from vip n im hired lol

U know wat,im not which post of mine keep advertising for vip seriously, but i find many posts here which judged vips competency so on n forth were not being fair. I go for the rights, not for any sides. I want a balance of information given here ultimately not to mislead that
Rib is the best material--no
Vip is the best clinic-- no
Dr lee is the best-- no

Joan is an angel-- no but she is really nice

So tell mi which post of mine said those?

Well i had met 2 genuine ppl here who had gone to vip. Those 2 of u u know who u are and know im genuine. I d care wat others think seriously. Ppl who haf been accused of " defending" vip believes in vip not becuz they want to side them. Its about integrity n rights. Do we get paid here? Lol ok we get paid to write all these if dat makes anyone here happy.

To all vipians: i think we shld just retire from out posts. One friend once told mi: y let the rest of the world know when ud found something dat benefits yourself? I just tought of sharing. Maybe hes right now.

Please give other a chance to post abt other clinics n docs, too much of vip here is kinda disgusting too i agree. I wish to find out more of other materials n better clinics too. Give others a chance.

@angleplane i think joan wasnt upset about you, im not her so i dnt wana speak for her.but my opinion is that shes upset about this whole unimportant issue that is stirring up all over places right now causing a misunderstanding. Well small thing, lets let it rest for now. If you want to pursue just pm me. I can tell u just one very simple thing dat u d done at officetel and u ll go speechless . Nuff said.

Ps: i shall stop posting for now n will not respond to anything except a new material or better clinic being introduced. Thats all, happy healing

Hey everyone i have a question, does VIP only do rib nose jobs? I think Dr Lee is really good but i don't want to cut rib and am also scared of longer recovery time.

Doe he use foreign materials? Thanks