BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

Hey Richbaby!

I'm almost 3 weeks post op and the bruising around my eyes are all gone. And yes, the tip of my nose is very hard! I'm hoping that with time, it will soften up :smile: My tip is still swollen but it seems to be going down and my face is starting to normalize. I also had a small outbreak of these little red dots on the bridge of my nose that drove me nuts. I think it was because my nose was really swollen and when it starts to normalize, my oil glands probably went psycho thus causing a break out. When I got back to the states, I use this exfoliating mask that's been working great. I think that definitely helped with the small break out. I still ice my face. I use frozen corns and peas to ice my face at least 2x a day. Also I massage the sides of my nose periodically throughout the day. Before I go to sleep, I wear my nose splint. I think a combination of all these things are helping with the swelling and my nose finally setting into place. I told myself that I would go running everyday before school starts but I've been so lazy :P I did go running once since I got back and when I was running my nose had a tingling sensation especially my tip. I am going to go running today though!

I'm not exactly sure what paranasals are but from what I gather, its basically fillers for the upper lip area to make one's face a bit fuller. Before my nosejob and eyelid surgery, I had corrective jaw surgery to fix my underbite. To correct this, I had my upper and lower jaw moved. During my recovery, my cheeks were super swollen. I looked like a chipmunk :P But no worries, the swelling will come down. It might take a bit more time, but like you said this process requires a lot of patience and faith :smile:

Before going outside, I take a qtip and apply vaseline inside my nostrils. It's very cold outside where I live and when I breath in that cold wear, the inside of my nostrils sting a little bit. I'm guessing its probably because it's dry. The vaseline does help!

I will def keep you updated with my progress and will send B+A pictures soon :smile:

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi!

Which Dr Jung are u referring to? There is a Dr Jung from IAAN and another one from Shimmian. Besides, there could be many other Dr Jung as it is quite a common surname.

Hi Everyone,

I'm so glad to have found this forum. I'm planning on going to Seoul for rhinoplasty sometime this year. I'm leaning toward Dr. Jung of Shimmian as of now because I find his B&A pictures on his website appear to be natural looking.

ak212, Richbaby, and Tingal - would you be so kind to show me some B&A photos? Is 4 weeks enough time to look mostly normal without any signs of surgery? How bad is scarring? Thank you!

Hi I'm referring to the dr.Jung from shimmian! Thanks!! Does anyone with b&a pic to share? :smile: really appreciate it!!

Hey!

I will send B+A pictures in the next few days. My nose job is very subtle and natural looking. I saw a few of my friends for the first time since my nose job and they said that they can definitely tell something is different but the nose job is very subtle. As I've mentioned before to Richbaby, my tip is very swollen and my face just started to normalize with my new nose. I think 4 weeks is enough time. I'm almost 3 weeks post op and my face is just starting to look normal. As for the scar, I think it depends what kind of nose job you're getting done. I do have a small yet light scar on the middle section underneath my nose. It's noticeable if I tilt my face up and I point it out. Make up can definitely cover it. My surgeon told me that if I got an alar plasty and cut the sides of my nose, the scar would be very noticeable up till 6 months and even then, it might still be there.

this is why i feel conflicted about toriumi on the one hand he has one of the most amazing asian results ive seen but he also has a couple unhappy white patients.

my theory is that he is great at building up asian noses but not so good with dealing with white noses which are usually bigger to begin with?

here is another asian result of toriumi's

http://deantoriumireviews.com/

http://deantoriumireviews.com/patient_testimonials_5.asp

quite good imo. but not as drastic as the other one

wow her results are very good. doesnt he charge insane amounts tho? like i heard around $11,000 to $13,00. i feel like most surgeons in korea would be able to give u those results. this doctor seems very up and down with his work tho. there are patients who r really happy with their results and those that are horrified by the terrible job he did. :s

Hello,

I am 3 days post-op. Had my surgery done with Shimmiam Clinic. It was for a reduction rhinoplasty, crooked nose, deviated septum.

Anyways, I wanted to ask everyone about something. After day 1 or 2, I kinda freaked out because my nose still looked a little crooked. I went to Shimmian and talked to the "director" (maybe part owner or manager guy) and one of the nurses. They said one side of my nose could be swelling more than the other, hence it may look a little crooked. The experienced nurse took a careful look and said everything looks fine.

Then the "director" told me (in english) that after I take the stitches out on day 5, I will begin a 2 week massaging technique. He said this is where people can manipulate the shape of their nose and push it one way or the other. I asked if all rhinoplasty patients go through this, and he said yes. IS HE RIGHT?

Hi Sunny,

I was wondering if I could ask you a question regarding the healing process. I also had my surgery with Dr Jung a few days ago. My email is x

I hope you get this msg.

Thanks.

can you please show me how "most" surgeons koreans would be able to give the same results as this? http://www.femininebeauty.info/f/alter.ethnic.2.jpg

i think that statement is grossly exaggerated. i have yet to see ANY korean doc who can do a result like the pic above

Hi Leepm,

I have NEVER heard of the massaging method.
Only been advised by my surgeon to do the cold compression.
Doesnt pushing the nose changes the shape?
I am 23 days post op and i cant even touch my nose with pressure because it hurts.

umm how long have you been on this forum AsianModelBoy ?

VIP and other Korean doctors do a way better job than doctor Toriumoi in my honest opinion. Just look at their websites and you'll see plenty of before and after pics .

The nurses and my surgeon told me about the massage technique. They said it will help with the swelling and help my nose set. I've been doing it periodically throughout the day and I think its helping. I massage the sides of my nose; the top, middle, and bottom.