BeautyHacker

calf reduction surgery

hi! new to the forum. i joined because this is one of the RARE sites that has information on calf reduction surgeries.

i noticed a lot of people were getting them done by dr. park at oz clinic in korea. i was wondering if anyone had positive experiences with other drs like dr jong at lr clinic in taiwan...

i hope to schedule this trip soon this year!!! :biggrin:

Unless you've dealt with big calves, you have no idea how frustrating it is.

I've always had bigger calves. Then I took up dance and danced & taught for years, and they only got bigger.

I can't wear knee boots. I have looked for a decent pair of cute boots for 3 years and haven't had any luck finding anything. I have to pick some random off-brand or a cheap plastic elastic-y pair, because unfortunately all the cute stylish designer boots will never fit over my calf, no matter how thin I am. Even the "large calf" size boots at most shops (JCrew I'm talking to you) are still too small.

I don't think I'd opt for surgery, but I can definitely understand the frustration and annoyance, because I'm there now.

I don't have calves...I call mine cows because they are so damn big. But, I would never have any kind of surgery to reduce them. It sounds way too painful and the rehab period must be hell. Unless they look way out of proportion with the rest of your body, I wouldn't do it.

• 1 year later...
Wow, I was a dancer, too, and I still have trouble getting boots to fit. But major sugery and chopping off half a muscle just to get a pair of damn BOOTS to fit? The "cure" seems out of proportion to the "problem" IMO.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
Hi guys, I just had the op with dr Jong and currently on day 16th post op. let me know if anyone want to know my experience . I don't know how to use private messages yet though so I will answer on here.

• 1 month later...
Hi, Christy! How is it going? I'm interested in this procedure, but I'm new to it as well. I read most of the posts here and the other thread. What does it mean when they say you have to aspirated? Does he leave a tube in? Or does he stick a needle in each time? Thanks! I can't PM yet because I'm new.

• 1 month later...
Hi Darakuku
I am a newbie here and i am very interested on calf reduction surgery because i have big muscular calves too :sad:
I have considered beetwen dr. Park in Korea and Dr.Jong in Taiwan
But cant find any sharings abt dr.Jang's operation
Can you continue posting your story? :smile:

Can you post more in this topic because you dont have enough posts to be a full member and have private message :sad: