BeautyHacker

calf reduction surgery

Hi guys, I was actually active on the previous thread about the calf surgery and through recommendations on that thread, I did it with Dr. Park in 2009.

To give you the conclusion, I REGRETTED IT.

But I think it really depends on individuals so I think I should state my circumstances first. As natalie78 was saying, I didn't have calves, I had cows. Even my friends would drop comments on my calves - "wow they are so muscular", "one kick from you and I think I may literally die", "wow, you do have very large calves". I've tried to do the non-invasive surgery where they cut nerves? I think? that connects to your muscles and therefore, your calf muscles contracts and it becomes smaller. It did turn out really good, but as I'm a very sporty person so apparently, the nerves end up connecting again. Then I came across the thread and there was a girl there who did sports seriously too and she underwent the surgery. She said that she had recovered and she could continue playing sports, which was why I decided to do the surgery too.

At first, it was fine and my legs looked really good! I think it would have continued like this if I didn't play sports. However, like I said, I'm a very sporty person and after my recovery, about a year later, I started doing another sport seriously. And this is when my problems started.

For anyone who's interested in the surgery, (I actually forgot the terms) there is the outer layer and inner layer of calf muscle, and Dr. Park takes out the outer layer only. I think because I started working out, the inner muscle started to compensate for the lack of outer muscle and it became bulkier. I ended up with really weird muscles popping out in the middle of my calves, and my ankles became cankles because I guess overall, my calves needed to compensate for the lack of muscles so everywhere just started building itself up.

I think in general, if you don't work out, it will turn out well for you. But then again, the non-invasive turned out well too and with less the downtime, so I would really recommend that instead of excising your calf muscle out.

And I don't know if it's because of the surgery but I have calves that swell up really easily now. Apparently the blood circulation isn't good so it really balloons up at the end of the day. I didn't have this problem before so maybe someone else who did the surgery can also give an insight as to whether they have the same issue.