BeautyHacker

Revisional double eyelids surgery

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Cherryzz & Juicy88, have you confirmed the date yet..im going for a DL revison too..

Hi everyone!

I have been following this thread and I am finally going to Korea next month for my eyelid surgery! I am booked for mid feb and will be there til march 7th! Is anyone going around that time?

My story:
I have had a long history of failed eyelid surgery and really really am praying this is the last time I have to go through the torture. My first failed attempt was in shanghai where I went for non incisional method. It was hideous (droopy, uneven) that I went back in 2 weeks to do incisional. The incisional was beautiful at first then 1 year later the crease became faded and my eyelid became droopy -- the classic signs of ptosis became more and more apparent. I started having to wear eyelid tape in order to not have to strain when I opened my eyes. Finally after 3 years I went to Taiwan for a revision. It was really my fault for not doing more research, the Taiwanese doctor was recommended by a relative who only went to him for botox etc. he botched my eyes even worse! The scar lines are deep and uneven, although he fixed the ptosis on my right eye, the left was still droopy and loose giving my eyes an asymmetric appearance. and he made my crease line extend way longer than the outer corner of my eye that for the first 6 months it was a really obvious red scar extending like winged eyeliner. It was a horrible experience, especially when right after he completed the job and I was still on the operating table I told him that the left eye didn't fold correctly, it felt wrong. Him and his wife assured me it's nothing and to give it a few days, completely ignoring my concern. Turns out I was right.

I wanted to wait and to let my eyes heal before i do my next revision. It's been 2 years and this time I am going to Korea and not settling for anything less. I cannot afford another botched eye job or complication. After all my research so far, the clinics I'm consulting:

Teuim
IOU
Banobagi

I also want to do my nose tip plasty so I will consult with grand, dreams, JW, Cinderella.

Can somebody share their suggestions, input??
Btw, should I do my nose first or my eyes? I also want to raise my nose bridge (part between your eyes where sunglasses sit on your nose).

Thanks so much for sharing your experience!

hey! my shortlisted clinics are exactly the same as yours! but im gonna visit view too.

i think you should fix the problem first. which is your eyes.

Yea cherryzz you may have a point but I'm concerned after I raise my nose bridge it will change my eyes a lil, almost like epi.

hm..well i wouldnt do epi first. it depends on your problem..i mean if your eyes are bothering you alot of course you need to fix the problem first. as for epi, you can do it later. i think if you are going to raise your nose bridge, it'll definitely make your eyes look more or less longer. or maybe you can fix your eyes and raise your bridge..and then decide whether you want epi later.(like after you have healed) pls dont rush...i've read so many people who went for epi reversal. sometimes when doctors overcut the epi, it makes your eyes look mean. so take some time and think about it =)

Heyy :smile:

Yes, im planning to go on the 23rd of March 2013.

8nights in Korea is it enough? :S

What about you?? I am really trying to finalize my plan and book my tix asap.

I had a series of jobs on my eyes :S ... My primary job really spoil my eyes.. and the other surgeries didn't help either and made it worst and worst.. and now I'm in my current state..
I just want to get my eyes fixed and have my life start over.. Because I'm holding back so much because of my EYES! I'm only planning to go IOU now.. I want my lids lower significantly..! Planning to go 23rd March 2013.. Need to finalize my plan 1st before I make appointment with the doctor..

Hi missliang, I'm going 23rd of March which is much later than yours :sad:

I would to want to get revisional for Dr.Kang..

Have you email Dr.Kang? or called for an appointment?
Or you can provide your email to discuss more :smile:

I know how you feel! I'm happy youre taking the trip to Korea to get it fixed.

In my experience, 8 days is a little rushed. It would be enough time assuming everything worked out perfectly, your consultation and doing surgery right away, and then removing the stitches right before you depart. However, since your taking this big trip, I would allow 2 more days so you have room for incidentals (just incase). That way, you won't feel rushed at consultations to make a decision right away (or incase the clinic you want is booked) . And you will have more time to relax and recover instead of rushing through your time in Korea. Just my 2 cents.

It's what happened to me in Taiwan when I was getting my revisional, I didn't have time to consult with more places and I just wanted to get it done because I was leaving in 7 days. Big mistake. Also, I was exploring Taiwan right after my surgery which kinda strained my recovery. But nonetheless it was a botched job and if I had more time to consult and do research, maybe it wouldn't have been the case.

Just trying to be helpful. :smile:

Btw, I emailed doctor Kang at IOU too. It took them over a week to respond. They suggested ptosis correction, lowering my fold, and incisional to remove my deep scar lines. I replied sending them pictures of the eyes I want (I still want a big fold, something I don't really see on kang's website) asking if he can create that look but I haven't heard back. It's been over a week. Teiumps and banobagi I were really quick w replies and I'm already on the schedule for consultation after I arrive.

As for IOU, maybe won't hear back from them since my request is for a big fold and not the natural small fold they are good at...?

Oh and I just wanted to throw this out for anybody interested. I just found out my girlfriend did noncisional w doc lee at banobagi last year. She had beautiful eyes already w fold but she had multiple folds that she hated (I thought her eyes were really beautiful). Anyhow she now has a single high fold and she said she paid $1800. I just saw her the other night and I thought it looked really natural.

Hey I know it's been a year since you last posted this but how was Dr Tong? I'm considering having my eyes done there. Please let me know.