BeautyHacker

Revisional double eyelids surgery

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi! I got my eyelids done in 2014 with dr.charle Lee and my eye turn out the same as your, I am doing a lots of research to do my revision in Korea. Would you pls let me know how is your revision turn out? Thank you so much!!!

Hi! I got my eyelids done by dr.charles Lee in LA too and my eyelids turn out very thick and heavy look very unaural. I really want to go to Korea to do a revision but don't know which dr. Is good, would you please share your dr. Inf . Thank you so much!!

I had 2 double eyelid surgeries 5-6 years ago. The first surgery caused a tugging and pulling sensation in my right eye when I look up. This discomfort makes me reluctant to fully open my eye. There is no discomfort when I close my eye, only when I open my eye.

The second surgery, in Korea, did not correct this problem. Here are some things I noticed about this discomfort.

The sensation is least problematic when I wake up in the morning. However, as the day progresses, the sensation gets worse. I assume it's because the constant looking up puts a strain to the nerve/muscle.

Some days are better than others - yesterday ,the sensation was very uncomfortable to the point I was rubbing my eyes every minute.

When I lift my right eyesockets/eyebrows up with my hand, the sensation is less apparent when I look up.

Eyedrops and creams don't help with the sensation

I have lived with my eyelid condition for the past 6 years, but it has been a constant struggle, and overwhelming at times.

Are there any medical solutions to this problem? Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Oh gosh, I'm sorry to hear about your situation. May I ask where your original surgery was done at? I pray there will be a resolution for you.

• 4 weeks later...
Hello babes! Seems like everyone choose to go korea for double eyelid reconstruction (and other procedures too).. Anyone has any inputs and insights about Taiwan doctors instead?

My friend went to regent(Taiwan, de chen) for double eye lid (traditional cutting method) and it looks quite natural. Bit I'm not sure if the doctor is experienced in reconstruction. Does anyone has a good doctor in Taiwan to recommend? Many thanks :biggrin:

I went to Taiwan twice for my first surgeries many years ago. I had a great experience with Dr Chuang from Wish Clinic for my nose, chin implant, brow lift, cheek implants. I also went wih a friend for the first trip who had buccal fat removal, eyes, nose. She was so happy she was considering to go back to have breast done (as that is what Wish is very famous for).

I have no hesitation to recommend Dr Chuang. Even all these years later he still responds to my emails if I ever need to check anything from my surgery (ie whether I can go under MRI etc).

I'm actually a little skeptical towards wish clinic because I was quoted 2 different pricing by the nurses when I did my nose fillers there. But besides that, most (if not all) of the reviews I have seen about wish are positive. (:

I doubt the nurses are the same as when I went there so I can't really comment. Also I only ever dealt directly with Dr Chuang.

It would be a shame if his nurses are tarnishing his good reputation though. I find the consiltants in the korean clinics are like that too - overly sales-focused and pushy (and often nothing like the actual doctor).

You should go where you feel comfortable tho:smile:

Hi
I did asian blepharoplasty and epicanthoplasty last month. I know that final results are still far but I'd like to share my concern about the crease. I find that the right side crease is too high and the left side one is too low. I really don't believe that the assymetry will disappear. Tell me, what do you think ?

Hi Ellia, to me it appears that the left eye just has more skin overlapping the crease, but it's still kinda hard to say just looking at that picture. If it is the case, then I doubt there will ever be symmetry once you've fully healed, unless the skin is lifted a bit with a specific procedure or cut to match or closely match the other side. I actually know a lot of people with that problem so I'm just speculating based off of their experience. However, your situation may be different. I would probably wait just a little bit longer for the healing process to be more prominent and then seek professional advice. Good luck, and I wish you all the best with your recovery and permanent results.

Btw, I noticed there are two other pictures of someone else attached with yours. ???

OK, let's wait and see. I''ll met the surgeon soon.
By the way, I don't see any other pictures except mine.

• 2 weeks later...
Still not sure what the indent is but my surgeon gave me anime eyes. I made it VERY clear that I do not want such round eyes. It is 2 wks post op...any idea if this effect is going to disappear? Not trying to offend anyone who prefers this style, but I do not have the personality for this to make sense or to pull it off. Nor the facial structure, but since aesthetic principles I guess are no longer a facet in plastic surgery, who cares if it doesn't fit my facial structure. I'd have to lose about 20 pounds to become emaciated for this look to make sense on my body. And that is not going to happen because I have a feeling in a few weeks my alcohol intake is going to skyrocket as a result of this. I need a revision. Anyone have any idea who to go to. Went to Dr. Kang at IOU for a consult. The consultation lady was a nightmare. She told me I can't close my eyes fully and then the doctor was like yeah, you can close your eyes. Then they started spewing percentages at me...90% aren't happy after 6 months. And I'm like, really that seems like an overwhelming percentage, so why are you telling me I probably will be fine. And he's like it's not exactly 90%, could be 86%....

And they quoted me 7 mil for revision. I didn't like Dr. Kang. He basically laughed me out of his office. This has been a nightmare. It's not even that it looks unnatural, well it does but not surgical like it did last week. It just looks highly unnatural on ME. Also I think I got ptosis from this (pics are using forehead to open eyes), but my surgeon says I'm "still swollen," and "just wait." They laugh me out of their office too. I won't say which clinic, but you can PM me. I will wait another month or two before I decide whether I hate them or not.

Itsonly 2 weeks post op, expect the height to drop by another half.. That said it will take up to 6 months for it to completely deswelll , trust me on this, I Iiterallyy cried my heart out when i saw how tthick/high my eyelids were after my primary, almost felt like killing myself then haha, n sutures came undone as a result needing rrevision.. Don't stress sseriously.. If only I knew the existence of ppurse forums then would hv saved me the pain of an emotional rRollercoaster