BeautyHacker

Revisional double eyelids surgery

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heyy Jin..um , i think i've dropped you my email? anyway you mean you are going during september? how high is your fold?

i'll be going either january or march-april to lower my double eyelid. but im still scared. haha

• 2 weeks later...
Hello, I'm NEW and I've stumbled across this forum and I realized there are people out there that are experiencing the same thing! I reallyx100 want to have revisional surgery on my eyes.. and I can't bare to have another disappointment! I've had 2 revisional surgeries and the outcome is still really bad... I would really want to talk to anyone facing this.. My family has no support for me, they think I'm crazy to undergo another surgery. But they just can't understand how much I was affected .. Is just sad.. I want to go Korea for surgery.. And I set my eyes on IOU but I know zero Korean.. Thanks..

hey! we are almost in the same situation. i had 2 surgeries and i've been eyeing on IOU. my case could be more difficult as i dont have fats now. please email me so we can further discuss.. [email protected]

=)

Hi Cherryzz67! I'm so glad to get ur reply! :biggrin:

Definitely want to discuss more!

Will email u right away ;)

Hi Jin77, these are the clinic that I really interested to know more..

I need revisional eyelid surgery as well.. Good luck and hope to hear good feedback from you :smile::smile::smile:

Update:

I arrived at Seoul last Sunday and the next day I had 3 consultation appts. scheduled with Dr. Kang at IOU, Dr. Cho at Bio, and Dr. Kim at BK. Since my Korean was okay and enough to get by, I didn't have an interpreter with me. I was booked at the Dormy Inn residence hotel, which is about 10 minute cab ride for $4 during non-rush hour.

My first appt. was with Dr. Kang and I was so impressed with Dr. Kang that I didn't even want to go to the other 2 doctors for consultations afterwards. Still, I decided to go see Dr. Cho at Bando Eye/Bio, since I was in Korea already and he seems to have a good reputation for eye revisions based on this forum. Well, what a waste of time it was! I found him to be arrogant, unattentive, and the consultation lasted a whole 5 min. or so. I actually knew he wasn't the right doctor for me as soon as I walked in and when he said to me, "So, you are from the States. You want to get your eyes done smaller but why? It should fit right in in the States." One of his female consultants who was standing right next to him seemed kind of embarrassed by his candid statment to me. Although I was quite taken back, I explained that I wanted it to make it smaller regardless because I felt it was too big and then he says to me, "I guess i can do it." At that point, I just knew he wasn't the right doctor for me and when he proceeded to examine my eyes, I lost all interest in this doctor. I left after about 5 minutes and was still surprised by his casual, indifferent attitude towards a decision that meant a lot to me.

Since I really liked Dr. Kang, I decided to cancel my appt. at BK with Dr. Kim after seeing Dr. Cho. Dr. Kang is extremely attentive and very nice, and more importantly he listens to what you want. I've read on previous posts that he tends to make the double eyelids too small, that is untrue based on my experience because he asked me what size I preferred and took the time to measure my eyelids, looked at the pictures that I've saved on my iphone, and listened to me. The consulation lasted well over 30 minutes and I never felt rushed one bit. Whereas at Dr. Cho's, I couldn't wait to get out of his office. Btw, apparently in Korea the trend is to have a small double fold, almost mono-lid, which is what you mainly see on Dr. Kang's website because that's what the girls are getting over there. I've opted for a size of 5.5 mm, which is considered 1 - 1.5 mm higher than what most Koreans opt for these days.
I could tell immediately after my surgery that my crease is a LOT lower than it had previously been, even though I was at the most swollen stage! I had an incisional and ptosis done btw.

Please note that since all the surgery dates/times were booked, Dr. Kang and his staff made special arrangements for me by performing the surgery after hours. They knew that I had to leave Korea in a week 1/2 so they made special accommodations. He has asked me to come for a follow up visit every 2 days, which I have been.

Dr. Kang's price was competitive and much lower than what was quoted to me via email. Based on my observation from visiting the clinics here in Seoul, it's best to get a quote from the doctor face to face because the person who is quoting is just one of the employees so it may be a lot higher than actual.

I am so happy that I found this forum and for the person who started this forum (Sassychic09 - Thank you), and I have only positive things to say about Dr. Kang at IOU based on my experience. Good luck to you all, and I hope you guys can achieve the results that you are looking for as well~

Thank you so much for your feedback!

You have no idea how helpful this is for me :smile:

I'm curious about Dr.Kim on how he treats his patients.. But from your experience, Dr.Kang seems to be the ideal doctor that really cares which is so important!

I've a question, how much did Dr.Kang charged you for lowering lids and ptosis?

I mainly need these two procedures to correct my eyes..

Can Dr.Kang speaks english? How do I contact his clinic?

Thanks again

Juicy88,

Dr. Kang's office email is [email protected]. I spoke Korean with Dr. Kang so I'm not sure if he can speak English.

Can you message me with your email address? Since I don't have 10 posts, I can't message you yet.

Are you trying to lower your crease size or?

Also, below is the email that I received from their office when I contacted them several weeks ago.

Do you have a high fold?

There are 2 types of technique for high fold correction; 1) with skin excision 2) without skin excision.

The former is old technique and cannot be done if there is insufficient eyelid skin.

The later is our special technique; high fold correction without skin excision.(We also correct high fold with skin excision when patients have sufficient eyelid skin

You can refer my journal for high fold correction without skin excision, and many foreign patients visit IOU plastic surgery ceter after reviewing my journal.

http://blog.naver.com/iougamsung/90088779261

http://blog.naver.com/iougamsung/90125292963

We recommend you make a reservation in advance in order to have surgery for your convenience.

please give me a e-mail for reservation

You are provided with a comprehensive medical service.

Location;

서울 강남구 신사동 513-4 (지하철 3호선 신사역 8번출구 바로앞)

513-4 Shinsa-Dong, Gangnam-Gu, Seoul, Korea (subway 3rd line Shinsa station, in front of 8 exit)

http://blog.naver.com/iougamsung/90150060291

revision of double fold

http://www.iou4u.com/xe/sub_5_6/120644

deep line correction

http://blog.naver.com/iougamsung/90152518534

http://blog.naver.com/iougamsung/90152508612

thanks.

I selected a crease size bigger than what is on most the pics shown since I wanted enough space to put eyeliner on and showed him several pics saved on my phone. He indicated that it would be a size 6 - 6.5 mm. Since I have had big eyes for so long and hated it for so long, I decided to go even smaller to a 5.5 mm.

He has other pics of revisions on his computer screen with exact crease size measurements to look at also.

I'm sure it was mentioned before previously but be sure to bring a lap top along with a univeral power switch if you go to Korea. Being in a hotel room for almost a week now, I've been watching drama shows online non-stop. I would have been so bored without it.