BeautyHacker

Revisional double eyelids surgery

Please continue sharing your healing process if thats not too much trouble we r all anxious to know how you heal ><~

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi weick, sorry I am not able to receive inbox- please kindly re-send your message to [email protected] sorry for the fuss n thanks &#128522;

hi there, does any member or have friends who had successfully fixed a high fold eyelid? Would you mind pls share your experience/result. I've high fold, deep line, sausage and unnatural eyelid from previous surgery and am not sure if this can be fixed. I've come across some reviews that say no doctor can fix high fold and deep line eyelid as what is done cannot be undone. I'm confused. The doc can promise the sky but whether they really can do it is another question. So I really hope to hear from genuine patient or if you know of someone who had the same problem pls share the story with me. Your help will be much appreciated. :ty:

I suggest you go through all the post of this thread

Hello. I've gone to my final check up post surgery at day 10. Dr Kang gave me the ok to go home. I had my stitches removed on the 5th day after surgery. Dr Kang said I didn't need to make any adjustments so did not need 2nd surgery. I was swollen at every check up and he said my swelling was going down very slowly.

I was allowed to take a shower the next day and i removed 4 small tapes from the stitches from the lower eye fat graft. I have 2 noticeable knife marks on my upper cheek where the cannula was inserted. The opening was stitched up but the knife marks are still there. 2 slits.

As of now I'm having a hard time determining what is "normal" in the course of recovery and what are real issues (if any).
I feel a lot of discomfort which I think is due to the fat graft. I swell and de swell during the course of the day and when I swell up I feel a lot of pressure around the eyes and nose area in the sinus. It's an uncomfortable feeling I'm not used to.

I've also started to form some keloid scars and Dr Kang gave me some medicine to take for a month. In hoping the medicine will stop the keloids from forming more.

Dr Kang has said all of these issues will be resolved in the upcoming months. He has a way of putting his patients at ease so I'm trying to wait patiently for the results.

Thank you for your review and I am sorry about your discomfort? Why do you need lower eyelid fat graft tho? I have read a lot about preventing hydrophobic scars developing,the best way is to keep the area moist ( apply Vaseline from time to time) hope this helps.

Sorry I mean hypertrophic scars..

My swelling are almost all gone. Dr Kang said it will be reduced by 80% within 2 weeks and indeed it did. What puzzled me is the bruise under my right eye. It still stubbornly stays on. My incision is getting very dry and I see white spots forming. It looks like those white flakes dry skin. I see little improvement in the depth although I must say the outer corners now are way more flat looking than before.
Probably need to wait another 2 months to see if there is any depth improvement.

Is the white flakes dry skin considered hydrotropic or keloid scars?

Best to keep them moist to avoid stubborn scars

The pharmacist also said to keep the scars moist. She actually said to keep putting on the antibiotic eye ointment on the scar so that's what I've been doing.

I got the lower eye fat graft at the last minute. Dr Kang and I were going through my picture during consultation and I asked why my love band was so prominent. I asked if I needed to do something and he recommended fat graft to lower eye--the love band was so prominent because my lower eyes were sunken in. Since i was going to extract fat anyway he said this would be a good time but didnt push me to do it. I made a hasty decision which I kind of regret because the new contours of my lower eyes look very unnatural. I also have serious bruises under eyes and along the rims of my eyes. I can tell these bruises are going to be with me for awhile. I'm hoping the contours will get better as the fat is reabsorbed.

The photos you see on Dr Kang's website are the ultimate best case scenarios. There are pictures where signs of surgery are unnoticeable after 10-14 days. I was expecting my recovery to be like that but I don't think that's realistic for me. I keep comparing my eyes to those on the website and I get worried about the outcome (especially about the lids remaining deep sausage like). Dr Kang said it will not stay that way so I'm trying to keep believing that

Hi Weick,

Do you mean the eye oilment (white and blue color) to be applied directly into eye before we sleep? That can be applied on the incision? They didn't tell me. Really?

My last fat graft on my left upper eyelid, because it was done on only one eyelid, it was bulging very obviously then the right. It took really a while to settle down. Start to see improvements only after one month and really about 2 months to fully settle down.

For the depth, it really takes a while to improve. I like to watch this video from youtube regarding the eyelid healing process. It is very helpful to me when I feel down. I think the girl's eyelid flatten only after 4 months. I saw my friend's eyelids' flatten at around 2.5 months. Hard to say for everybody.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frpi3eeHhZM

Re swelling, it just hit me that I am very used to this swelling in the morning and looking normal at night since I had 3 surgeries within 7 months. It will continue for 6 months. I read that it's got to do with us lying down when we sleep. The only way to control it is to use hot and cold pack (but we are not allowed to use according to Dr Kang) or sit up while we sleep but I think it is a bit extreme to do that though. Probably ended up with muscle aches everywhere.

Hi Weick,

For the Rizaben, medicine for Hydrotrophic and Keloid scars, is it 2 pills 3 times a day 20 mins after food?

Tks.

Hi. Thanks for all the info.
We can use the blue and white ointment on the incision. It's to keep it moist but also has the benefit of it being safe in case it gets in the eye. If I put it on the corners then high chance it will go in the eye so better than other ointments or Vaseline.

My friends from other clinics were also told to use this ointment on the incision for couple weeks.

Hi Deepeyes

I finished watching the video. It was extremely helpful in helping me understand the recovery process. As he says I find the recovery phase just as difficult if not more than the surgical phase. Thanks again for sharing.