BeautyHacker

Asian Nose Job 3

so here are 2 more frontal images.. when i smile, my nose flares out! thanks for all your input guys... i'll keep u guys updated on where i decide to go~!!!

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It depends how much they need to augment your nose. Most people get silicone if they have little to no bridge because they can just lay it on top. For my surgery, I am using ear cartilage or rib, but my procedure is very simple, as I am not doing anything major, just making my nose bridge a little higher. They take a little piece and mix it with some of your fat to create the bridge. Using the cartilage is also pricier so your budget can factor into what procedure you choose as well.

Yeah I think it really depends on the preference of the PS and what they feel is best for each patient. The implant for the bridge looks huge... Are you getting a tiplasty and bridge augmentation?

imo you do not need bridge augmentation; your nose bridge is high enough already. besides, the doctor would have to harvest quite a bit more cartilage for the bridge which could possibly leave you ear looking a bit strange.

i think that just a tiplasty is good so that you will not have to use foreign implants.

I agree with kain, just doing the tip would be sufficient. Also do premaxillar augmentation to project it out a little so you don't have duck lips.

Find a doctor who does really good tips. Go to Yoskarn Clinic, Dr Somyos is really good. A little pricey though.

Hi, I've been a silent reader here since the last few months and just recently joined this forum. I read your last posts about your nose and will try to answer them all at a time. Hope this helps.

Rib cartilage

I did my own research and I think the use of rib cartilage for primary rhinoplasty is not recommended. It's more suitable for revision or reconstructive rhinoplasty after severe trauma.

Here are the explanations:
1. Rib cartilage should be taken as the last resort for revision rhinoplasty, since there could not be any nose jobs after using rib. Moreover, rib implant for nose bridge or nose tip will make it harder (stiffer) than usual and incapable of handling twist (cannot put pressure on the treated area).

2. Rib cartilage is also notorious for warping. It tends to have a memory and tends to warp (curve) over time. This can make the result unpredictable.

3. The grafts could become visible under the skin, shifted, reabsorbed/dissolved. This risk of re-absorption is thought to be greater when the cartilage is irradiated (in case the use of cadaveric cartilage / donated cartilage).

4. Potential risks of rib cartilage harvest: bleeding, scarring, pain, infection, collapsed lung (pneumothorax), chest wall deformity.

In recent years, many people have been touted that rib cartilage can create a natural and straight nose. And the worst part is that people believe rib cartilage is the best material for rhinoplasty because it costs the most, as those lack of conscience hospitals told them so even for the primary nose job (because nose job with rib cartilage is costly).

When considering a nose job, people should always understand their true needs first. Therefore, they should think carefully before choosing rib for nose implant.

Open/Close operation for tip plasty

If you want to avoid scars on the nasal columella, choose a surgeon that capable of doing tip plasty by using autologous septal cartilage and perform it within the nasal cavity without skin incision (close operation/close rhinoplasty). It has a higher level of difficulty for the surgeon, but better result for the patients. This is the reason why not many surgeons are proficient enough with this method.

As far as I know, close-operation tip plasty using nasal septal cartilage was pioneered by Korean doctors, so I don't think you can get it from Thai doctors. Moreover, Korean doctors have better experiences in Asian nose.

Nose bridge augmentation

In the nasal bridge, a hard bone lies. Thus the use of solid implants such as Silicone and Goretex should not cause problems. And if you have thicker skin, then silicone is a better option.

I do suggest an implant as the bridge in the simulation is a few mm higher than your hump. I also increased the height of your radix.

Pretty sure everyone's nose does the same thing. lol

Didn't have much time so these are a little rushed.

Dear Smilingheart!

I am new to this forum and I am not able to pm you yet. ^^ May I contact you via email?

Best regards

Do you know where I can find him? His website? I can't seen to find it. And price does not matter. You pay for what you get after all :smile:

And thanks Felix77 for the detailed types of materials.

Edit: FOUND It! http://www.laser-surgery-bangkok.com/nose_correction.htm

I've emailed the clinic. Let's see what he replies.

Hi everyone,

feel slightly awkward to be introducing myself (and clogging up this thread!). I have been looking to do tip plasty and alar base reduction for some time now, and have been considering my options in both Thailand and Korea. I decided on Korea because while I found that the Thai surgeons' skills were very good, it seemed that many had to go for revision surgery a few years after. Also, the prices I was quoted for the Thai surgeons were higher than that for the Korean clinics. Another consideration which was not that relevant to me but may help someone out there was the use of implants. You have to keep in mind that while implants may be made in the US, products made in the US for Export will be of a different quality depending on the destination country. Lastly, Korea just seems safer, in terms of the possibility of legal redress if anything goes wrong.

Having decided on Korea and booked my flight I was wondering what the usual prices for tip plasty and alar base reduction are, so I can get a clearer idea of what to haggles for. . Also, how do I haggle? My attempts to do so (via email at least) so far have been rebuffed so far (one clinic replied 'if you do not have enough money, save up then come back' - true story)..

Lastly, was wondering if anyone could recommend any clinics which charge cheaper prices? Am aware that posting prices are generally not encouraged on this forum, so please pm me!
Thanks for reading!

First of all, you are GORGEOUS! :biggrin: -slightly glad to be hiding behind cloak of anonymity here-

Like Kain I think your bridge is high enough, but your nose is a little fleshy.

Dr Kunachak quoted me USD$6900 and Bumrungrad $9000 for rhinoplasty. Price is a huge consideration for me, if not I'd have gone with either of them (the noses that they do are amazing).

If you're in Bangkok, just call them. I managed to get a consultation the next day when I called up.

Revision surgery for silicon/gortex implants right? Not cartilage?

I was quoted 170,000-ish baht (add another 20,000 for gortex if you want implants) for Bumrungrad. This is around. USD$6,500. So I find it a little strange why they quoted you so high.

And I've just sent pictures to Dr Kunachak today. So I'm still waiting for his reply.