BeautyHacker

Asian Nose Job 3

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone !!!

I heard someone talk with me : Because you are a foreigner, so hospital will talk with you high price more than Korean. If you go to Korea for plastic surgery, you should go with a Korean and you will have a best price.

That's Right????

I don't want to pay too much money for unfounded like that !

Sorry, didn't know that!

it's true some clinics do this, but many clinics charge everyone the same price. Big "factory" clinics and clinics with many foreign patients will overcharge you.... any "translator" you find here will take commission in secret, 20% or more on top of your surgery price....

One member in forum answer me : "Best way is to email the clinics first- message in Korean. They will think you're Korean and give lower price. I did that with TLps. They quote me 5.5mil when I wrote in English. Then I use different email and different picture of me and email them in Korean - I got 3.3mil quote!!
I have a generic request for quote Korean text you can use "

I think that is a best way to send email clinic, but when I come to clinic, and doctor see me a foreigner, and he can " Your rhinoplasty is not simple, so I need try hard, so you need to pay more more more money..." I think that will happen because I'm not a Korean.

And "translator" will have commission in secret, I don't know !

Hi Depressed and Nuevo,

I just wanted to say that I can related to both of you, as I've had a very similar experience! I had rhinoplasty done in Korea about 1.5 years ago, when I was 20 and I’ve been extremely depressed ever since. I had only wanted my alar fixed and fillers for my loveband but was somehow convinced into getting a 4mm silicone implant with septal cartilage and osteotomy and the fillers due to the surgeon’s recommendation.

Like the two of you, people had always told me that I was pretty, but due to my perfectionism, I didn’t quite believe it and also thought that I would be much happier after the surgery. There were just tiny imperfections on my face, but i felt like i needed to fix them. I had always wanted to get my nose done and had done quite a bit of research but I don’t know if I would’ve gone through with it if it weren’t for the situation going on at that time. I actually started having doubts after arriving in Korea though when people like the staff at the clinic I was skincare treatments at, some of the other people I met up with in Korea from this forum, and even Zoe kept telling me that I didn’t need any surgery but despite that, I still went ahead with it. Because of my eagerness to get my nose done, I didn’t ask very many questions and it was my fault for not stating clearly what I wanted. I just asked him to make it ‘natural’ and I didn’t even find out about the height or type of implant until after the surgery.

For a long time afterwards, I felt that the implant was too tall, extremely crooked and my nostrils were upturned and uneven. My fillers also turned out very badly and everything just threw off the balance that my natural face had. I became very self conscious about my face. I didnt want people staring at me/making eye contact with me and avoided all mirrors and reflections every time I was out in public, but at home I would obsess constantly about my nose from all sorts of different angles and lighting. I also had a problem with the outline of the implant showing. Those around me didn’t seem to notice the changes in my face, but for me everything was so obviously unnatural. I feel like after the surgery, I’ve become more observant. When I look at photos of celebrities or people now, I instantly notice if they’ve gotten surgery and even noses I liked before, seem extremely fake to me or I can pick out the flaws those noses.

Just when I was finally starting to accept my nose (13+ months post op) I had to get my implant removed 2 weeks ago due to it extruding through my nose tip. About 1.5 months ago, I was already having signs of an extrusion/infection, but I didn’t realize it at the time thinking that the bump on my nose was just a cystic pimple and because I did not have any redness, pain or swelling. Had I known it was going to extrude, I would’ve removed the implant much earlier.

After removing the implant, I honestly feel relieved because I no longer have to constantly worry about getting an infection (I had one about 6 months after the rhinoplasty with severe inflammation and redness and was on antibiotics for 2 weeks), the risk of extrusion since it already happened, and I finally have my old bridge back which looks soooo much better! Unfortunately, the infection and the extrusion caused some contraction on my nose, making it more upturned. My nostrils are still uneven— one nostril is more rounded while the other is more triangular and indented— and a noticeable pitted scar on my tip where the implant has extruded which doesn’t seem to be filling in L Also, because the surgeon only removed my implant and not the cartilage in my tip, my nose is imbalanced and I can feel the start of where the cartilage was added. Under certain lighting, there’s an obvious shadow across my nose that I'm still very self conscious about. Since it’s only been 2 weeks I’m hoping it will become less upturned over time and my surgeon has told me to try and massage the tip downwards but I feel like I’ll eventually have to get another revision…

In regards to family, I can totally relate too. I actually went to Korea alone without telling my parents I was going to be getting surgery just because I knew they would be against it and forbid me from going. My mother didn’t say much when I came back with a new nose but when I told her that I had to get my implant removed, she told how disappointed she was that I even had my face done in the first place. She said many things that I agreed with but made me feel so guilty. I’ve actually been ashamed to meet certain friends of mine and have been avoiding seeing them just because they’re very observant and I know they would probably judge me/be disappointed in me for getting surgery in the first place.

I’m also afraid of getting a revision because I don’t want my nose to look any worse than it already does and I think my face doesn’t take surgery very well. There are times when I think my nose looks okay now, but other times when I think it looks absolutely terrible. I constantly have to tell myself that at least it looks better than when I had the implant. I’m really hoping that in a couple of months when my nose heals, or when I get my revision I can finally live normally again. I used be quite sociable and a very optimistic person but because of everything that has happened, I became more of an introvert and pessimist. I’m not sure if I want to go back to Korea for a revision or whether I’ll do it locally. Either way, it’s going to take me a long time to save up for it since I spent quite a bit just to have the implant removed.

I hope the 2 of you end up having a much better recovery than I did and since it’s only been 4-5 months, there’s still a possibility that it could get better. I definitely still had a lot of swelling at 6 months and it took about a year for most of the swelling to disappear.

Im so sorry you had to go through that jtly. I can totally relate on your notion of having surgery due to perfectionism. I too didn't appreciate my nose until I had the surgery and ended up botched. Now i'm having to go through a 3rd revision. I don't know if this will help your emotional state but how I pretty much dealt with it is I mastered some mad contouring skills lol. See my nose used to be straight but not pointy enough for my liking. Now its a bumpy hook nose. I think we perceive ourselves through the eyes of others. Not so much of how they actually view us but rather our assumption of how others perceive us. As unattractive as I find my nose, usually after I mention it to people would they say "yeah your right you've got a bump up the top... I never noticed until u pointed it out." But yeh, contouring definitely helps. I use a contouring technique to create shadows around my nose to give the illusion its straight and I found that also helped my self esteem when I look in the mirror and can't notice my flaw.

Could I also ask, was it open rhinoplasty you had and the silicone implant is it the hard L shaped implant, the I shaped implant or the Ultra soft silicone implant. And if you could also pm me the name of the clinic you went to that would be much appreciated. Im asking because i'm going to have my 2nd revision nose job and would like to make a more informed decision.

Hi jtly,

I know exactly what you mean. I obsess over my nose in every possible lighting and from every possible angle. I make B&A collages every single day with old photos in similar angles and I feel so sad everytime I see my photos because I can't recognise myself anymore. Sometimes I go on Facebook and go to my pre-surgery photos and I feel so sad because I haven't smiled like I did in those photos for such a long time. :sad: Sure my nose was a little bulbous back then but I was confident and now that I think about it, a lot prettier then too. I regret my surgery because I spent so much money on something that made me more insecure than ever before.

Will my bridge return to exactly the way it was if I remove the implant? The doctor didn't mention shaving my bridge during consultation so I doubt he did but JW has not picked up my calls so I think I might try to send an email to ask. I think they respond to new, potential customers far quicker... I never had a problem with my bridge, until I got the implant. I tried to convince myself that my bridge was too wide and that the implant makes it seem like it's more narrow but actually in photos with good lighting it just looks wider and more "boxy", like a rectangle with a straight line starting between my eyes instead of a natural sort of upside down V. :sad: I'm afraid if I get my implant removed I'll have the same issue with the cartilage in the tip like you do. Hope your condition gets better. Stay strong alright! We'll get through this. :smile:

hey, ya i kno! he said he would come back on the forum no matter what. i've been interested in dr.wang for such a long time. i think he is the doc for me. his style and aesthetic is exactly what i'm looking for. korean surgeons do nice side profiles, but i do agree from the front it's not that great, and sometimes you barely see a difference. pm me :smile:

hey i would also love to see her blog as well :smile: