BeautyHacker

Asian Nose Job 3

o then if it hurts i would correct it. Aesthetic is one thing but if its causing discomfort then u might as well correct it. if u just the above described method with the ultra soft silicone under the muscle above the bone then there's no worry of shifting. Shifting from artificial implants is caused most commonly by a leathering pocket forming around the implant and pushing the nose to one side or the other, depending on the direction of incision. When you place it above the bone under the muscle, there is no soft tissue for the leathery pocket to form, and the muscle holds it in place. However, if u get into an accident say someone punches u reallllly realllly hard with brute force on the nose then obv it may shift too. But even if u have cartilage it will still shift should that occur lol. If u dont plan on pissing anyone off immensely or getting into a horrible accident then i wouldnt worry if u use this method lol

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just did my nose job at dr Jung shimmian clinic in Korea 10 days ago and I am WARNING all of you, please do not go there. My nose was primary. He did my nose completely diferent and it does not go with my face at all. I don't think he has an eye for beauty and proportion. The nose he gave me looks totally weird on my face, the nose is so high. Now I want to remove it but Jay Lee ignores all my emails. I am back at home in the US and I have been emailing Jay Lee and the clinic about removing it but they ignore all my emails. I am in shock at how Korean doctor and consultant treat their patient after taking the money. I don't know if that is korean culture how they treat their patient or is it just this clinic. I am writing this to hope that none of you has to go through the same thing that I do. I am making appointment with a local plastic surgeon in the US to help me remove my implant inside my nose.

im sorry to hear that. What type of implant is it? You should wait a while tho u will still be very swollen if its only been 10 days. wait at least a few months before considering removing it, until most of the swelling goes down. Hopefully u will like it then

Thanks for your kind words, but I think this nose shape doesn't do any good on my face. The nose is too tall and skinny. If the swelling goes down, the nose is going to be even skinner looks extremely fake looking on an asian face. The sad thing is dr.jung and Jay Lee ignore my emails and don't want to have anything to do with it. The implant is gortex.

Dallas101, I'm sorry to hear that your rhinoplasty did not turn out well! What sort of results did you request? That's awful for the doctors to ignore your emails like that, very unprofessional! How did you initially decide on Shimmian?

K Couture, the doctor is Dr. Lee from ChungdamU. I first found out about this clinic from pg. 75/76 on ANJ 3. You mention that your muscle may be damaged from your previous nose jobs. But if this technique is different from the traditional technique (I'm assuming the implant is usually placed above the muscle rather than below, hence risk of extrusion through skin for the former), how would your muscle be damaged from previous surgeries?

Here is the photo (Figure 1): extrusion of implant through skin between eyebrows
http://www.donyoomd.com/blog/2013/11/19/silicone-implants-popular-asian-rhinoplasty-downsides/

o my, goretex can be difficult to remove. if u really want it to be removed then wait 6 months at least then remove it. Give your nose time to heal before putting it through more trauma

Also, one thing I don't understand about extrusion: silicone may extrude because it is a hard material and thins out the skin due to the pressure it exerts. However, cartilage also hard and would similarly exert pressure. So why is extrusion such a huge concern for silicone, while I've rarely seen it mentioned for cartilage? In fact I didn't know that cartilage could extrude until K Couture shared her experiences and I asked while consulting via email.

because according to Brian Mendelson, 2008's president of the ISAPS, he told me that as more surgery is performed in the nose, with implants being shoved in and then removed and then shoved in again, during the surgery there may be tears and rapturing of the muscle. Only its usually not significant so we do not feel anything is different. Also, he said that the muscle is actually not clearly defined and surgeons who do not specialize in the technique may have difficulty identifying where the muscle lies and may damage it unknowingly while performing a rhinoplasty that does not involve placement below the muscle. Again we actually won't feel any different if that muscle there is damaged. Especially in my case where my primary was a crude hack and slash job in thailand while my secondary was with an unskilled surgeon in la who caused significant damage to my skin, i cannot overlook the possibility that my muscle may already be damaged. Luckily I discussed this with Dr Park and we both agreed that once he opens me up, and removes the cartilage, he will assess weather the thinness of my nose skin can handle the ultra soft silicone and weather my muscle is too damaged to protect the implant from deviation or protrusion. Should he feel it is unsafe, he will then use auto dermis instead of the ultra soft silicone method. So with this alternative in place i feel comfortable proceeding with him.

cartilage actually isn't as hard as you think. And because its your own tissue there's a very very low risk of your body rejecting it and pushing it out of its inserted position. Anything can extrude at the end of the day if its volume (height/width) is too much for your skin's elasticity and thickness to handle. Its just that because non ultra soft silicone is significantly harder than cartilage, and because its articial (the leathery pocket effect i discussed) it therefore happens more often than cartilage.

Dallas,

Again so sorry to hear that your nose didn't turn out the way you liked and worst of it is that Dr is not willing to help at all! you should tell them you will post your story and their lack of help in this forum and/or youtube if they don't get back to you at a certain date. This is one of the largest PS sites for Korean clinics. And they should care about their reputation here.

I am still curious how the new nose doesn't fit your face.. if you could share some pics here or thru PM, I'd appreciate it very much!

Dallas,
It's so unprofessional for the Dr and his team didn't call you. I have two people at work are asking about Shimmian- Dr J technique/ style. I will definite let them read your post tomm and let them decide. I don't understand why Korea PS is so bad with their post-op. Us foreigners got to think twice.... They need to be more professional. Grrrrr...

Hi guys, it's been about 5 months since my surgery at Bumrungrad (Bangkok) with cartilage+goretex+osteotomy and I'm still pleased with the results.

I just have 1 question regarding cleaning. The area above your collumella, I'm afraid of putting too much pressure on it, so cleaning becomes difficult. I can't (afraid more like it) clean it and the dead skin is just pilling up.

Is there an effective way in cleaning this area?

Sorry if this is late, but I'd advise going to Bumrungrad if you're looking for cartilage or goretex, or cartilage + goretex. They do lateral osteotomy too which I did.

I had my surgery in September and I'm pleased with results. It looks very natural.

I would avoid going to Yanhee Hospital, and small clinics unless you know someone who has had successful results.

Just message me if you want to know anything.

I live in Thailand too so I can help you with other related stuff :smile:

agreed. yanhee stinks they botched me up :sad: Also, davids there's a solution i use for cleaning after my nose jobs. I can't remember the name but if u ask a surgeon or nurse or pharmacist they would know. You basically dip a cotton bud in it and what it does is it dissolves blood and cleans off dried skin. Really effective. U can actually hear the dissolving sound when you use it.