BeautyHacker

Asian Nose Job 3

hi
i am going to korea in dec 28 to jan 8 for nose. eyes and fat graft.
email me at [email protected]
i were in korea 2011 for eyelids..but it came back to normal as aging..now i want to remove extra skin on upper eyelids

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi lovelyitem88 & betterlook15,

I saw that you both mentioned going to JW for surgeries later this year and I just wanted to reassure you that you'll be in great hands. I had my rhinoplasty and double eyelid surgeries done there this past March and I absolutely love my results. Dr. Man Koon Suh did my nose and Dr. Hong Lim Choi did my eyes. I could tell you about all my experiences with the different clinics I had consultations with while I was in Korea, but long story short- I felt that JW was the most sincere and genuine clinic I visited. And don't be afraid to ask for their most senior and most experienced doctors on staff. At JW, Dr. Suh and Dr. Choi are the heads of their respective departments. You will pay a premium to have the more experienced doctors, but I think the difference is well worth it.

Good luck to you both!

A premium? Approximately how much is this premium? =D

Hi there,

I will also be in Korea on 29 Dec and I already booked a face to face consultation with JW on the same day. May I ask how much JW quote you for the rhinoplasty ? Is it silicone implant or rib graft ? As my case is pretty complex (it's a revisional case) hence they cant quote me until the doctor sees me in person for a better check up.

For those who are going to have surgery during late Dec, by any chance, do you know how long do we have to wait after the consultation to have the surgery as I heard that would be the peak season. I'm coming from Australia to Korea for 2 weeks and I really dont want to pay a deposit to secure the surgery date while I havent met the doctors yet. Thanks all !

Hi frhjing- I don't remember exactly but I want to say something like 20% more. I felt that JW is well priced to begin with, so tagging on a little more for their senior doctors didn't seem like a big deal.

honestly when it comes to plastic surgery, often you get what you pay for. You want the most experienced surgeon so u should be prepared to pay more. I mean you only have one face. I've seen too many cases of people who pick a surgeon based on price and not on skill, and end up having to have many revisions. This is a problem with many of the larger clinics. By larger i mean the ones with 10-20 plus surgeons. Most of them are training surgeons being cultivated by the hospital in question to maximise their volume of patients because they target a significant clientell of mainlanders. This explains why some people pay cheaper rates at the same hospital. Because its more expensive for the senior surgeons.

I emailed JW regarding this but they told me there wouldn't be any extra charge if I specifically wants Dr Suh to do my nose. Hmm. Maybe it's already included in the 4000USD?

Hi Betterlook15,

Thanks a lot for the reply :smile: Ya I'm doing and looking a lot better already phew! I guess I was just a bit of a basketcase because I was scared to leave my room and have everyone stare at my swollen bandaged up face lol. Also I realize now that I wasnt very mentally prepared for post-op healing but now my results are slowlying starting to show so I just have to keep being patient! Thanks again for the words of comfort :smile:

So I have a quick question about what's possible in rhinoplasty. I sent my picture in for simulation and it all turned out that they were no able to raise the bridge in my picture (at least the part between my eyes... where my bridge is virtually non-existent) a whole lot ... or at all.... What would you say is a reasonable length that the surgeon is able to raise the center of your bridge by without the silicon extruding because of skin being too thin? 3mm? 5mm? more?

My doc placed 4,5mm and it looks fine. I have a thin skin too.
I think the max is abt 6mm that u can raise the radix.

I dont think you should worry abt not getting a slot. In my experince, once you tell them you want to do the surgery and you want to pay the deposit, they could secure you the surgery.

But, since it is very packed, you have to understand that sometimes they will squeeze in as much patient as possible. And believe me, you do not want this. Doctors are humans, and they can make mistakes.

If you think or know that they are not doing more than 3 surgeries in that day, and you are confident abt that doctor why not?

Have u decided on which clinic to go yet?

Hi riel.

Dont worry in Korea they dont judge you for undergoing PS. I was in the subway lift when this korean lady started "congratulating" me on my PS.
The only ones that will downright stare at you are usually the "tourists" especially mainland China ones.
Good luck with recovery!

hi what implant did u use ??
i am a guy and currently at 3 weeks post op . I am slightly disappointed that my radix and dorsum wasnt lifted high enough !!! I was told by the doctor when he was '' designing '' my nose before the op , that I had thin skin . He suggested 3mm and me knowing that if the bridge was too high , it will look unnatural and i fear complications of extrude and skin thinning so I went along with his suggestion . He also mentioned if bridge was too high , my nose will be upturned again as I had short nose correction .
Im feel really stupid for not asking to see how 3mm looks like :/ I wanted a high straight bridge but I had self doubts .... btw He said he used ultra soft silicon .

Anyone knows whats the best material to achieve a higher bridge for a person with thin skin ? goretex ???
Im abit saddened , having need to fly back for revision :/

Hi KimEkim
Thanks for the encouragement! Do you remember what they charged you for rhinoplasty with Dr Suh? I have been quoted 3500-5000usd. is the charge the same for credit card vs cash? Also any chance you can share your rhinoplasty results?
Thanks!