BeautyHacker

Best Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea -read 1st post before posting.

Iaan I'm so sorry to hear about your bad experience. I can't even begin to imagine how that must feel when you've spent so much money, time and hope. If and when you are ready, post a B&A and I'd be happy to give you my honest opinion. Maybe it's not as bad as you are building it up to be in your head. Maybe it's not what you expected but it's not bad.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't feel the stitches rubbing against my eyes because they were done on the outside. But taking out those stitches hurt REALLY bad

Omg u sound amazing right now! U must really b in good shape! R u taking any supplements?
Congratulations n thank u so much for updating us all!
Hahaha, i could use an In n Out burger too right now.

Oh I'm so glad to hear this. I'm planning to get my inner epicanthoplasty too at grand. But got nervous about the scar you mentioned. Btw which dr did you have? How come you didn't do the revisional? The consultant thought I didn't need the revisional but the surgeon recommended it because my rigt eye is smaller which is true. Ive always noticed that my right eye is smaller than my left eye. Now I'm wondering if I should just do epi first and revisional later?

I had the main guy, Dr. Min or something? He's the one in all the photos. The doc didn't recommend revision and I'm starting to wonder if it's cuz my US doctor screwed it up too much haha. I'll look into revision after my jaw/cheek maybe. Not sure medically if it's better to do corner then lid but personally, I wish I had done the revision too.

Well said! fantasyface.. for good example is Michael Jackson .. he turned out to be a handsome at one time.. but after more and more surgery.. his face is really fragile before he died.. really must know when to stop .... :sad:

Oh man, just going through Marir's research again, i'm kinda wanting to go and try the smaller clinics. You can't argue with results at the end of the day. True, they might not be as equipped as the big clinics to deal with emergencies and aftercare but i just get the feeling that at a smaller clinic it'll be a lot more focussed.

My logic stems from the fact that the big clinics deal with lots of patients everyday, it might be plausible that they'll be a mishap somewhere down the line just from sheer volume of work. They might not give/can't give you 100% due to this. They wouldn't be financially dependent on your one case so if something bad occurs they could easily palm you off with a free revision or just ignore you full stop judging by what some previous users posted.

At a smaller clinic, they'll be a lot more focussed on making your surgery a success, as in theory they should have less patients, so not giving a 100% or not giving you what you want could be their downfall. With the smaller clinics i get that their reputation and business depend on word of mouth and referrals more than big advertisements/marketing.

Just my musings at the moment. I can't possibly be the first one who thought like this and probably won't be the last either.

I'm was on the same boat. I decided to concentrate on just eyes n fat graft for now, but just talk to the drs bout facial contouring for next time ;)

Re surgery time. I read it depends on how the doctors perform the surgery. Ie in zygoma reduction, how/if they fix the bone back in place, etc. That's y im suspicious, how some doctors can do so many consults, bone surgeries, and postoperative visits in one day.

View: it seems like there are 2 brothers who run this company and one brother specializes in BA n the other in facial surgery. Thanks for ur update on how small the place is! Im definitely keeping that in the back of my head. But funny how my perception of size changed though after being on this forum, bcuz as small as their clinic may be, it is still way bigger than the PS offices I've gone to in the States.

Thanks for posting!

You make a great point! At the same time, I can't help but feel the larger clinics attract all of the good doctors. Ahh, I wish narrowing down the list of clinics was easier :wacko:

Dont worry fantasyfaceI I'm sure ur nerves r starting to build more since our surgery date is just around the corner. I think we all share your fears. When the time comes and if it just doesn't feel right, trust ur instincts. We will all be here to support u through your journey. If I had done PS in the States, I would never have done this much research. Don't get me wrong, id definitely do research, but not this extensively. I compared my experiences between here n Korea n realized all I can really do now is make sure all I have all my questions ready and go from there. That's what I would have done if I was here. Bcuz it can get nerve-wrecking as the days approach faster.*

The translator said to keep facial contouring in the back of my head and if in 3-5 years I still want to do it, then revisit the idea, but to not do it if I'm not 100% sure. That's kind of what has helped calm my nerves a bit, but I ain't gunna lie, I do still think bout getting it this time around ;)

Good luck to ya sweetie. It'll be alright :smile:

I agree with you in this one. Some friends in Korea said that's pretty much how it works and that I should look for smaller clinics with good reviews instead of a big one.

Plus in a small clinic they are more personal towards you and really take care of you. And you mostly speak to the doctor directly for consultation and before and after surgery. Well the chances are higher In a small then large clinic.

And I think the chance of getting your surgeon switched by another one during surgery is smaller in a small clinic..?

First I wanted to go to ID I love their before and after pictures but after seeing how much they messed up my friends jaw.. Her right jaw is bigger then her left one.. And it's already 11 months post up..

I'm really going to scrap them off my list now x.x

That's what I did! I waited 4 years spending doing research and thinking about what really is needed and from what I would really benefit.

Even went to Seoul and went back doing nothing because I didn't want to jump into the deep with the procedures. First I did regret it but in the end I'm really happy that I waited. Now I'm sure what I really need without being greedy for perfection xD

Hihi,

I dropped Regen an email and I do receive their reply. The only thing I am not comfortable with them is that I do not want to have foreign implant for my nose bridge and asked for alternatives. The consultant came back and insist that foreign implant is best. When i emailed them again abt other option like dermofat graft, the consultant advised on fillers instead. I am like "why wld I want fillers when i am travelling all the way to Seoul for PS?". Hence I decided not to go there for consultation.

Thanks for ur input. Its good to know that others have gone n decided the time isnt right. Just in case I decide I'm not ready :smile:

I agree. that's y I'm pretty much checking out the smaller clinics. I can't see how the doc at these big facilities are making their rounds w consults, bone surgery n post-op care. Plus, our idea of small is getting skewed w all these larger clinics. These smaller clinics aren't really small in US standards. I think the smaller clinics are similar to the ones we have in the states and like u said, I feel like the standard of care would b better bcuz they know each patient individually. I feel like it there were to b a problem, I could contact the doctor much quicker than in the large facilities. I cud b wrong, but that's my experience w the PS here in the State.
I think too we mite save a little since they don't have to pay for a large facility or so many ads.