BeautyHacker

Best Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea -read 1st post before posting.

will def return the favour and update everyone with all my consults - be careful with what u wish for tho lol when i do a write up, it'll most likely be an essay :biggrin:

at least it'll be detailed

back to researching skin clinics.....BTW: let me know if u end up going to a skin clinic and what their prices are like (for us foreigners) :smile:

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Karime!!

great!! You are really enjoying at Seoul!! how's the migo? is it big clinic like JW? I remembered showstream wanted to have surgery without any implant or rib.. that's why she is going JW.. is Migo can give the surgery that she looking for? Do you know how much migo quote her ?

Hi london_chick, can i have the contact her email as well, and mind to share how much you spend for laser skin treatment, and which clinic u went?thanks:smile:

Hi Karime, hope u r recovering well. U did ur eyes too right? Did u mentioned DR Suh? I booked a consultation with Dr Choi though, cos he is the one doing the eyes in the videos I watched. Did I make a mistake??:thinking:

Hey!

No dr suh is the nose dr at jw.
Dr choi is the one who did a cute job on the nurse eyes at view. Good luck! I liked his work, but dr. Lee did mine. Praying it all goes well. Cuz right now my eyes look exactly like what i didnt want it to look like. Praying it is just the swelling! Staying hopeful :smile:

Good luck yo ya!!

Hey u!
Migo is a bit bigger than jw. dr suh was unavailable til end of january so she tried migo. they told her they cud achieve the look she wanted wout foreign implants or anything. i dont know what they quoted her at migo but i think she was able to bargain closer to jw price. You shud pm her! I think she will love her results!

Hey how did u figure now to use the train? Did u dl an app?

I'm actually changed my flight and am staying to the 26th.
Anyone who is around during my dates (7th-26th) who want to meet up and go shopping/grab something to eat please PM me so I can give you my contact info!

Omg lol lol lol! Im so laffing hard right now!

There is English words for each stop you can see in a map!

Also go to myoung dong and eat the jeem ddak! It was one of my favorite things! Cannot find it in the states. (only if you like spicy foods because it's spicy) its basically spicy cooked chicken and it comes with vegetables and noodles.

I can't wait for your recovery! I love how you're so adventurous and optimistic!

I hope you enjoy your stay in Korea and hope your results look amazing!

Thanks for all your updates!!!! Love reading this forum!

HELLO FORUMERS- I am 2nd day Post Op.
SURGERY: Square Jaw (Mandible Angle) Reduction + Rhinoplasty with Dr. Kim Byung Gun (Chief surgeon at BK Clinic)

Day Before: Sunday
Got to Korea, took the bus to the hotel. The bus system here is lovely, you literall walk out of the baggage area and there are pretty korean girls at the information desks (located at every exit) and you can ask them which bus to take. The buses are right outside of the terminal gate (literally right there, no need to go searching for a bus) and it costs 10,000 won for the 1 hour ride, which I think is amazing. The bus isn't a local bus its more of an airport taxi limo service, so the first stop is after a 1 hour drive, and that was the stop I got off at.
I stayed at Hotel La Casa which is a really cute botique hotel at the heart of the Gangnam area. Also, this was the hotel that was one of the recommendations of BK Clinic. I made the reservation through BK Clinic so I got 20% off! It was around 155,000 won per night. Had I made the reservation through expedia, it would have been near 200,000.
That afternoon I went shopping, the subway system is really easy to figure out. And then I had my last meal. You need to fast for 8 hours before surgery. This includes NO WATER, which was really difficult for me. Because, I , like Karime, am a self declared water whore. I love water. It was so difficult being thirsty. Oh well, at least for the most part of the fasting you are sleeping.

DAY OF SURGERY: Monday
I hired a nanny, just because I'm in Korea alone, and I didn't really want to be alone. So at 9:45 she came to my hotel and helped me carry my baggage to the taxi. We took a 3 minute drive to BK Clinic, which is really easy to find. Honestly, we could of walked there but because of my suitcase it was better not to.
My consultation was set for 10AM and my surgery at noon. I prepaid in my home country through a wire transfer. And I had already met Dr. Kim in Shanghai in October.
I know we've all been hearing mixed reviews about BK. I'm here to say that I had the most amazing experience. The staff are so friendly, the clinic is beautiful, clean, modern, cozy. And they take care of you so well that you KNOW you are in good hands.
Before going, I heard rumors of BK clinic being like a factory, where there are just so many people going in and out. I found this to be FALSE. I had all the personal attention I needed, and it was not crowded at all. Also, all the patients that were there seemed happy, there were no complaints that I could see.

From 10 - 12 a variety of things happened. I filled out some forms. I took my xrays, took some photos, and I had a consultation with the English Consultant who explained every step of the procedure to me. She was so well spoken and really knew her stuff. Then I met with Dr. Kim again, who just confirmed all that was discussed with the english consultant.
Then I changed into my operating clothes, and put my bag in the security storage, and they gave me my keys. They also took care of my luggage for me.
I walked into the operating floor, and it was very clean , there were a lot of staff, and everything was very professional. My english consultant was there with me through every step, up until I fell asleep under the GA.
When I woke I was still on the operating floor (all the patients wake up here). My throat hurt like HELL, that was probably the worst part of the experience for me, and then it was also really cold. I kept falling in and out of this GA daze. After I woke up for good, they wheel chaired me to the patient recovery rooms on the 13th floor, where it was so nice and warm, also really clean and well decorated =)!
They didnt let me drink water for 2 hours, because you are not supposed to drink water until all the effects of the GA wear off. They called my nanny for me, so she came and sat with me. FINALLY when I could drink water, they gave me syringe without the needle of course, and I slowly drank water through that.
The whole night I drank water to try and cure my sore throat, LUCKILY I brought honey, thank God I did, and it felt so much better.
I had a huge head mask, as well as blood tubes which were draining the blood from my surgery site (they make the incision from inside your mouth). Also I was on an IV for the whole night. The nurses came by every few hours to give me some pain killers, and there was a button for 24 hour care. I felt really safe and taken care of. I can't stress this enough.

POST OP DAY 1- I woke up feeling pretty good. I've heard rumours that the nurses come to wake you up. THis didnt happen in my case. I woke up on my own at around 9am, and they didn't come around to bother me until 11am. I just drank water, and went on the internet this morning. Finally when the nurses came, they took me to a room, which kind of resembled a dentists room. They cleaned my nose, and put some ointment on it, also they removed the drainage tubes. They took off my head cast (which is huge btw) and they put me in a head mask which I have to wear for 7 days.

After this, I changed into my normal clothes, and the english consultant took me to the phramacy ( building right next to BK ) to pick up my medication. I also bought some Pumpkin Juice. Then she walked me to the Guest House. I am so happy I hired my nanny , she helped me carry everything, which is something you do not want to do after surgery.

The guest house is around a 5 minute walk. It's really nice, I have a TV, bed, refrigerator, and my own washroom =) I am staying here for the next few days.
Also, you can order porridge, and the delivery comes straight to your room. There is pumpkin juice as well as vegetable (and many more) different kinds. It costs round 7000 won per a decent sized meal.

POST OP DAY 2
Really swelled up over the night. I am going to religiously ice pack myself. At least I have wifi and TV. I'm planning to stay in today and tomorrow, where my swelling will be the worst. Hopefully going to start going out by Friday. I can't imagine being cooped up for so long....