BeautyHacker

Best Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea -read 1st post before posting.

Day 1: surgery day, pg 343, #5142

Day 2: day after surgery
That day was the worst day because I felt so sore and it took me forever to walk one step. Went back to clinic for dressing. The nurse told me I didn't have bruises compared to another patient who had the same procedure as I do. Holding railings while walking up and down staircases. That day I felt exhausted.

Day3:
Felt much better. Able to dressed and walked quickly compared to day 2.i didn't really do much except walking around and shopping around garosu-gil.

Day 4 (today- 31/3)
Able to dressed and walked quickly than day 3. Managed to walk without holding railings. However, I noticed my feet and calves are swollen and with bruises too :cry: make me feel so sad. Basically I went to COEX and walked/shopped around there.

P.S, i've been taking a few supplements and meds given by clinic. I'm going to increase Bromelain to see if it can really reduce swelling and bruises.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HKP,

I mean I have booked Highland for the first few days of my trip. My friend just came back from Seoul. She stayed in Highland throughout her trip and she said it's ok and price was reasonable.

I am having rhinoplasty to heighten my nose bridge and reduce alar width. I am hoping the doctor will tell me my skin is not too thin for silicone implant so I won't have to go for the rib cartilage option...:confused1:

Are you considering to have revisional rhinoplasty with implant or self cartilage?

CG

Hey Xsh
You are doing really well!! The first week post op is the worst by Day 7 you will be much better. Bromelain is said to help with swelling because it has pineapple enzymes. If you go to any of the street markets in Seoul you will find lots of fruit vendors selling a quarter pineapple on a stick they are very cheap, I used to eat lots of these to help with my recovery also pineapple smoothies are good too, there are several smoothie stalls in the Coex Mall. Have you met up with any other members yet?

My primary rhinoplasty was in the back streets of China in a dirty shack, it was like a living nightmare as I was awake and the Doctor only numbed my nose with cocaine (in the old days this was normal for China) no local or general anesthetic and costed £13 which is $20 USD but that was a long time ago. Even with the basic tools and god knows what type of silicone shoved up my nose I still didn't get an infection (although I do know it was 'L Shape' which isn't used these days), it never deviated or warped, it remained the same for over 10 years so when I went for revision rhino last year I had 'I Shape' silicone. I am only revising this year as the bridge is still too low for me to wear glasses, the tip of my nose is cartilage for both my ears, I am not sure if the doc can use the same cartilage again if not then I will opt for donated cartilage.

The doctor told me I have quite thick skin so I don't have much chance of the silicone coming through, a lot of Asian have thick skin, most caucasians have thinner skin that's why they choose rib, gortex or medpore, not silicone. Also I am really pleased I chose silicone as this is the easiest material to remove and replace as tissue won't grow into the silicone so revision is easier.

You are half way to 10 posts!!

I added myself on the April list

Oh wow HKP thanks for sharing your experience...your primary rhinoplasty sounds like a real adventure. Did you feel pain during the surgery with only cocaine used to numb your nose?! :shocked:

I guess my standard of thin skin is different from the doctors'...so better wait for the doctors' advice.

Do you happen to know whats their kakao ID so i can maybe drop them a message? I can't tell if I have thin or thick skin but I was hopping I could get a implant instead of rib coz i'm not prepared to have it removed from my body. :sad: took me quite awhile to decide I should just go for rhinoplasty but no courage to have another cut on my body....

Hi, is Dr Suh usually very busy? I believe he is the specialized doc for rhinoplasty in JW? Is it painful for the nose during the recovery process?

Thanks!! :smile::smile::smile:

I see. You should try sleeping more upright, say 2 or 3 pillows. I think that this will help with the swelling in the morning since laying flat will only make it worst. Please do ask. =) I'd like to do a comparison for post-care treatments to see if they're really effective and worth the extra stay or not. Thanks!

Try walking around the block or up a flight of stairs, NOT hours :nogood: And since we're talking about limits, there's a lifting limit too. Avoid any heavy lifting. What's considered heavy is 25lbs. I remember this from school although some doctors have their own preference. Some would only say limit to 5lbs. This is important because you wouldn't want to pop out the sutures when you strain by lifting something heavy.

I don't think that their computer software is similar to those used in the states. Have you tried online consultations? There are some who do digital renderings, like Pitangui, but I don't think that they are done impromptu on the actual consultation.

I'm not worried about the US. I'm worried of the South because the North does seem crazy enough. Even the Russians are getting involved to try to calm the North down. And they just said that they won't surrender their nuclear program in return for aid.

I wonder if this will affect tourism and if any drop will lead to a drop in rates as well. I'm soooo bad, there's a war going on and I'm hoping that prices will go down. It's confirmed, I'm a PS Addict. lol.

As long as you're not running a marathon panting and causing your nose to flare stretching the stitches/incision there shouldn't be a problem. I'd say you can resume your daily activities as tolerated.