BeautyHacker

Best Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea -read 1st post before posting.

You need fat to get a fat graft xD if you only have a thin layer it can be more dangerous... :o being skinny has its downsides haha ;)

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yay thank goodness I have lots to spare... T.T I'd happily donate my fat for fat graft since I don't think I'll want to get it done hehe XD

I'm not sure if my recovery is considered fast or normal, but to just to let you know what I've been doing (following doctor's orders and of my own accord):

- taking medicine after food 3x a day (5 days supply) which includes antibiotics and de-swelling medication

- applying ointment on my stitches outside my nose 3-4x a day (until stitch removal)

- ice packing (mostly Day 2&3) and drinking pumpkin juice 2x a day (only 3day supply)

- walking (and I think this is especially important). Since the morning after my surgery post op Day 1, I have been walking after breakfast and after dinner for at least 15min. On Day 2 when my swelling peaked, I walked for at least 30min after breakfast followed by my post-op check up at Regen at 10am, rested during the afternoon when it was hot, and then for 1hr in the evening, window shopping around Myeong Dong. On Day 3 (yesterday), I actually went to the Namsan Tower (tourist attraction up on a mountain/park) after breakfast, and didn't come back until after lunch (I took my medication with me), and then walked around Myeong Dong again for ~2hrs starting around 5pm, until it got quite dark. I actually prefer walking at night because the air is cooler and it's darker so no one really stares at you (until you step into a shop, but no one really cares). And when I'm walking, I'm not actually thinking about how this will improve my blood circulation and help decrease my swelling (all true), I'm actually interested in exploring the place, taking photos, eating street food, window shopping etc. I always bring my medication with me just in case but I generally return back to my hotel afterwards for a rest. The nurses recommend you to walk maybe 20min-1hr a day for the first few days but I'd say walk as much as you can without feeling tired. If you're young and fit, I'd highly recommend you to walk more - the air outside has got to be better for your recovery than the air inside the hotel. But please do not over-exert yourself - if you're muscles ache and you're breathing heavily, that could be worse for your recovery. For me, I generally walked in the morning and into early afternoon until I got a bit sweaty and then rested in the air conditioned room of my hotel until evening xD

- drinking water frequently (or other liquids and fluids that aren't too high in sugar/sodium). I've been drinking 2 small bottles of water everyday, mostly during my walks, because it's so important to stay hydrated so that your blood doesn't get too thick or sluggish to ensure a faster recovery. I've also been drinking pumpkin juice and some orange juice/milk during breakfast in addition to the water. It's better to drink a little water every 30min than to drink a whole bottle every few hours.

- applying lipbalm. I know this sounds a bit strange and it's definitely optional but after breathing through your mouth for a few days, your lips will also be quite dry and cracked. Even having a thin coating of vaseline to prevent your lips from dehydrating during the night will make it easier to bear.

Although you can pretty much eat anything post-op from rhino+fat grafting, there are a few things you might want to stay away from:
- soups/meals high in sodium (salty foods, such as instant ramen) There isn't anything dangerous about this (except maybe the MSG if you ingest high amounts ._.) but it will make you retain more water and can make you look more swollen
- caffeinated drinks (this was a tough one for me) I'm an avid coffee drinker, I would need a cup of coffee every day (sometimes several, depending on what I'm doing at uni) and even post-op I wanted to drink coffee. I waited until post-op Day 2 to have a cup of iced latte (free from Regen) and then bought an iced coffee on Day 3 too. Coffee is a diuretic (makes you more thirsty/pee more often) and once again, while it's technically not damaging, it does affect the hydration factor. I limit myself to one cup a day.
- the obvious: no smoking/alcohol/other drugs except for those prescribed to you by the doctor

I would also like to mention once again it's crucial to follow the instructions of the doctors and nurses for your own case - these just happened to be mine and yours may differ. I do think that resting post-operation is the key to recovery but I don't think that staying inside 24/7 is healthy either (unless this was instructed by your doctor/nurse). I had originally thought to 'rest' the first few days (maybe Day 1-3) and only really start to go out afterwards when I was 'stronger' but I think if I did, I might feel more tired - resting too much can be counterproductive. Besides, most of us are only here for a short duration so make every day count!

I don't want any silicone implants but fat grafting would sound okay... But I've read so much about it being dangerous (like any kind of lipo) so that and the fact that it's not permanent made me decide against it~ So I'll just stay bony haha xD just get rid of some extra bone... xD

ps. to above: 1) MSG is less unhealthy/dangerous than salt~ (about 3 times less bad) 2) salt causes more water retention 3) water retention causes swelling and blood pooling and a longer healing time ^^

Lol! I asked this during the consultation and I believe they said 100cc. So probably 50cc from each thigh, not that much but definitely more than they'd need in one 'operation' I suppose. Yes you do need fat but I think, unless the patient was anorexic/malnutritioned/ or somehow severely underweight (in which case they shouldn't be doing ANY cosmetic surgery.. let alone fat grafting lol), a healthy 'thin' girl is okay. Us ladies tend to store fat in our breast/hips/thighs anyway so there is a deposit there to withdraw from lmao.

You do bring up something that I wanted to mention before though. I'm sure most of us here are self-conscious about our appearance, not just our face but our body as well, and maybe some of us are not entirely satisfied with our weight/amount of body fat (including me). So it did occur to me at some point that getting surgery and then having to eat lightly for the first few days post-op would be an amazing thing, right? Kind of a two birds with one stone sort of thing - go to Korea to look more pretty/handsome and lose some weight while we're at it.

HOWEVER. And yes, this is a big however. At the end of the day, regardless of your weight loss goals - you should be eating healthily and normally as you would prior to surgery because if you do skip meals or even let yourself get hungry - this will definitely slow down your recovery. You really must take care of your body after surgery and starving it of nutrients to keep it functioning and healing can be very dangerous. You don't have to eat a lot - but do ensure you have some solid food in your stomach, especially before taking medication, and just listen to your body. If you do feel hungry, eat something. If you're not hungry but your due to take your meds, eat something small first. If you don't feel hungry, then don't eat, but make sure you're still drinking fluids.

Besides, the food here is actually super cheap (and still yummy) compared to in Sydney lolol. That's why I love walking around the market/shopping areas and buying streetfood! 1,000-3,000won (~$1-3 bucks, AUD) for a stick of this or a roll of that and if you try a few things, that's dinner :biggrin:

Hi Lizzywantapurse,
I have been reading this thread during the last few months. I am planning to have rhino and fat graft done in Korea. I have a pending passport application and hopefully it will be completed by next spring (2014)
I saw your post that you are happy with your result from Dr. Jung. That is exactly what I'm planning to do. I did extensive searching during the last few months. I have JW and Shimmian in my list.
I went ahead to sign up to be a member of this thread as soon as I read your post. I would love to see your B/A picture if possible. Because I am a new member I think I have to posts in order to receive private message from other members.
Meanwhile, do you mind if I have more questions for you? Thank you,

Hi Winterntht,
I'm a new member here. That swapped doctors issue is scary and unacceptable. I'm planning to have nose surgery and other procedures. my list include JW and Shimmian.
You have any advice for me about these two clinics. I appreciate your advice.

Thanks for this, made me look at their results again and I think they'd be great for me ^^ I was actually trying to find a face like mine in the B&A and I found one and I think I'd be really happy with a result like that ^-^ And 8-9M really isn't too much for the results when I think about it... ^_^ And the possibility of price reduction with added surgeries is too tempting! I'm really considering getting the zygoma shaving/shaping too... Maybe they could fix by overbite too, my upper set of teeth is in front of my lower so the other way around than you~ would be weird though I'm so used to my teeth being like this... but it would probably be for the better! did your protruding jaw ever bother you? for me it's like, yeah my lower jaw is a couple of mm further back than my upper but you can't really tell from the jaw, just from my teeth so it doesn't bother me too much~

Hey is this the clinic where you had your drs swapped?
http://www.kangnamps.co.kr/
Let me know so I can add it to my notes. Also if it is that clinic my address for it is a little messed up (I can't read Korean very well so I think I got the tower thing wrong xD )

Chamweon-dong 20-9, “Human” Tower (?) Build 1 (Sinsa-yeok Exit 4)

Can you correct that address if it's the same clinic? if you don't know the exact address that's fine just thought I'd ask ^^

If I book for October 5, would that be too soon? I haven't even decided which clinics I want to visit (Grand and maybe VIP). Plus, I have a volleyball tournament at the end of November. I am planning on getting rhinoplasty, eyelid surgery, sliding genioplasty, and paranasal augmentation. Should I just wait until the tournament and go to Korea in December? How long is the recovery process?

No it's not that one. The clinic I mentioned is www.ksamsung.co.kr. This clinic has only one doctor who does consultations and do all types of surgeries. It's not a small clinic, they claim to do at least 5 nose jobs together with several face bone contouring surgeries and many other small procedures a day. Obviously, one doctor cannot do all that. Actually, the main doctor, dr Park, does consultations but he has junior doctors to do surgeries. At that time, I was so naive and stupid to believe that he would be the one who did my surgery. Please learn my lesson. When you go to consultations, ask the clinic how many surgeries the doc does per day and see if it's reasonable. If they tell you many, chances are they have juniors doctors to do most of the work.

In my opinion, JW and Shimmian are very good clinic for rhinoplasty. I have seen a couple of forumers who had their noses done at Shimmian and I couldn't tell they had a nose job, their noses look so natural but beautiful. And usually I can spot a nose job very easily. If I see 10 nose jobs in Korea, usually only one looks good to me. Dr Suh at JW is also very good and gentle, I like his personality. He only does 3 surgeries a day so you wouldn't have a factory feeling when you have surgery with him. But I don't like the staff and nurses at JW, some if them are not as nice as those at other clinics.

you should NOT play in a volleyball tournament the same month as you get a sliding genioplasty... unless you want your new chin/jaw to slide right off xP (okay sorry, I don't want to scare you too much xD ) no but really you NEED to take enough time for healing... understand that it's your bones being sawed off and reattached~ volleyball is a pretty aggressive sport and you don't want a ball to your face and time soon after your genioplasty... OR rhinoplasty... that's what I think ^^ so you should wait~

Oh yeah that's the one in the Samsung building opposite to the ID building, right...? I think this isn't the first bad thing I've heard about that clinic...

Thank you for the valuable lesson~ that's actually something I didn't even think about, asking how many surgeries the dr does a day... thank you for that ^^ I'm really sorry for your bad experience... :sad:

Oh no, please don't mistake this for Samsung Line which is in Apgujeong and near ID. This clinic is near Gangnam station, it's about 5 min walk from the station.

Ohh...! This is getting confusing xD okay, got it~ gangnam station not apgujeong ^^

I think I heard someone was pretty unhappy with their... nosejob? that they got at samsung (opposite to ID) but I'm not sure... oh no that's right, I remember they said it was a BIG clinic so it must have been the one opposite to ID? anyway you said this is a small clinic with a handful of doctors so it should be easy not to confuse them ^^