BeautyHacker

Best Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea -read 1st post before posting.

I visited JK Clinic this morning, right after getting off my overnight flight to Seoul. I immediately forgot my exhaustion when I came to the clinic, it really really exceeded my expectations!! Most importantly, in terms of the customer service from every single staff member, and in the attitude and expertise of the doctor! Everyone is so respectful and treats u like you're very important to them, without the slightest hint of arrogance or impatience.

I'm so glad I spent time doing more research on clinics, it really scares me to think that I almost went to BK or ID hospital!

The only problem I have is that after examining me, Dr Kim recommends that for my V-line, I should have bone trimming only, without T-osteotomy. He says since my chin location is correct, and he thinks the chin is not too wide, just shaving the entire jaw bone (incl the chin) is enough. Then there's no need to break the bones and insert fixation plates.

I kinda agree that my results would be great with just bone-trimming, but after paying US$9k for surgery and another US$2k or so on air ticket, hotel room etc, I feel like I want a dramatically-different chin. I have the option of doing T-osteotomy with absorbable fixation plates, so that I won't have to deal with problems from having the fixation plates, but that costs a further US$1.5k. I really don't know if I can afford that, even if I believe the results will be ideal.

Anyway, I'm still looking forward to my surgery at JK tomoro afternoon :smile:

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey do you mind adding me to the grp? :smile: I'm looking to do go in late may/june. My kakao is crystalhearts

Do you mind sharing the template you use to email clinics through PM? I dont have PM rights yet :sad: Alternatively perhaps i will use airbnb and see if my host is comfortable with accompanying me to the clinics...

Is anyone here looking to do acculift in korea and has any recommendations? Seems that the only review i could find was botched ones at ID and Teium.

Also I'm keen to do my eyes at the below clinics, seems there are not many reviews but there have been some nice articles on the web. Anyone has any input?

-Optima Clinic (specialize in eyes?)
- Midam Plastic Surgery
-Beauty Forever
- HerShe
-Real Clinic

Thoebee for your information I am not one in a million case in jw. After they screw up the nurses quietly told me they had a few cases before . You can take your risk up to you. The only reason why jw did not so much bad rumors is because they are willing to pay and get the customer to keep quiet. They refund me the full surgery cost and even willing to pay my air ticket and hotel accommodation because I wanted to sued them

Hihi..

I have deferred my trip to 4th May 2014! Please do add me on kakaotalk too! My username is thoebee.

Hi Soong sister,

Having heard what you said, I am having second thoughts now.

In your opinion, do you think Regen, TLPS and View are generally safe to go then?

And which clinic do you go and that you are comfortable with?

Thanks for your warning. I sincerely hope that you are doing fine now! ;)

Hi Andifleur,

What did they quote you for 5.5mil?

I got a quote from them as well:

Quote:
"Revision double eyelid 3.4M+ ptosis correction 1.5M, undereye fat removal is KRW 1.85
rhino 5.5M
full face fat graft including 2 prp sessions and 2nd procedure is KRW 3.8M

Total is 16.05M, but I will get it down to KRW 12M"
Unquote.

Do you think this is reasonable?

Thanks!

Hi Icy C,

I have done non-incisional double eyelids and am doing a revision this time. So I am not really scared. Lucky you, have your sister to accompany you!

No, I don't think their prices are that reasonable. By the way the 5.5 is for nose but like I said, they gave me 3.3mil after I send different email in Korean...so there's a lot of room to negotiate!!

You can get price knocked down from total 16mil to possibly 13 or so- based on multiple surgeries. And if you don't need to do all, then choose your priority areas.
I'll be bringing the 3.3 mil rhino quote for sure if I choose TL as one of the place to consult.

I emailed View too but, they said to come to consultation, didn't want to discuss the price.

Good luck!!!
I haven't heard anything negative about JK at all, so could be a good thing!

Sure, I'll add you to kakaotalk and will send you the template. You said you're only doing eyes??
My template request for nose and eyes, so I'll edit out the part for nose .

Can you send me an information where you accomodated? Tks

Thanks so much :smile: I'm heading to the clinic in awhile. Yeah same here, I have never come across bad stuff about JK, and after visiting the clinic it really seems like a place where u can trust them to do a great job. I will update more after I've recovered a bit :smile:

Oh,your message in Korean have a best price more than all message I send to clinic. But when I go to clinic, doctor will see me is foreigner, and he can talk " Your rhinoplasty is not simple, so I need try hard, so you need to pay more more more money..." I think that will happen because I'm not a Korean.

Do you have any idea for me to control price of plastic surgery? Thank you so much for your advices :smile:

It's true they will say your case is "complicated" but really, you can challenge them and ask for them to honor the price they quote or say you will go somewhere else. Based on principle , they should honor your quote. Also possibly pay in cash it'a good for both parties. It's so unfair foreigners must pay more even though we're already spending on travel and accommodation , another thing to throw out as to why they shouldn't up the cost. Don't act too interested like they are the only good place around- there are so many places that are popular with skillful doctors, I'm sure they want to be competitive and lose a potential patient. Best way is to have many choices available in case one place try to cheat you of your money

Btw did you see the message I wrote on your wall?
I hope you rethink about the places you considered going, they have bad reputations. But just research more you'll see