BeautyHacker

Best Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea -read 1st post before posting.

Listen guys I remember someone posted on here to not hire translators because they just wanna rip you off when they get their commission. When I red that I scoffed at it,I said whatever.But let me tell you they are right. I contacted Anita and Zoe and everything wasall well until I told Zoe the exact price I plan to spend,I told her nothing more and I need her to negotiate that price.So she came up with some bs excuse last month saying that she cannot accompan me because she had a family function she forgot about(everything was fine up until I told her the exact rice I was going to pay). So I said whatever at least I still have Anita. Anita told me the price I want is too low,but Ive read everysingle page in this forum and I know its just right. So everything was fine with Anita up until yesterday I told her the same price I was bringing with me,I even told her a clinic agreed to it. So she decided to come up with some bs excuse that her staff wont be able to help me because they are off until 3 days after I arrive. I dont have time to waste so you know what im just gonna wing it when I go,I dont need them. Ill be arriving in a couple of days so im just gonna wing it. Anyway I found a place on airbnb and the owner offered to help me translate for free,can you believe me so I didnt need them anyway. They are just out for your money, I wasnt gonna say anything but I just had to. The post bove me said she hired Nicole,who told her to trust her surgeon's judgment and it turns out he messed up her face. So now she has to fix it. Im sorry you had a bad experience girl but if you go back to Korea just d what you have t do yourself.You'll find a way,I know I will

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent point! You know they got 25% on top of your total price AND if the clinic not agree then they come up with all excuses. Hey, business!!!! Just go without one! Clinic start beginning hire a translator turned out cheaper than an outsider translator.

Unique... Come to Korea and visit the clinics (if you have more time - I'm here for 2 weeks I wasted Thurs Fri Sat Sun and Mon and had my surgery on Tues. I didn't do my eyes so recovery time shorter). How much recovery time do you have and how long would you be here in Korea?

By the way my op is good but I'm swelling now. You can add me in kakao (my username is sundaelove - I can reply faster there).

If SMPS don't budge, don't go to them. Seriously they spent so much on marketing of course they wanna charge a premium... I have also visited clinics where they don't budge. They called and tell me the best price is $16m won where other clinics can offer me $9.5m won.

If there's only a few clinics here in Korea, I probably have not much choice but when you are here, you will know what I mean... There are few thousands here. I'm sure 1 of the better ones will accept your budget because it's not so unreasonable...

Makeover, when are you coming here? =) Most of my Jan kakis went back already...

Anyway ladies, if you do speak mandarin, you do not need a translator at all. They take comm and you need to pay them as well so don't get a translator if possible. I went direct to all the clinics... And I use www.naver.com (korea type of google to look for clinics not mentioned in PF - LOL) and I visited them...

Most of the clinics, you can just call and say chinese please and they will put you to someone who speaks mandarin (many china people working here - afterall it's only an hour flight away).

Sadcupcake...

Did Dr Yoo or Nicole mention that you can get a revision? When I was done with the surgery, I was in a daze due to the anesthesia and I think my bf knows my style so he saw my chin and felt that the difference wasn't much (I think it's enough after I was awake though - I don't want a chin so protruding I look like a witch afterall! A little difference is actually enough for me because I only don't want my mouth to look protruding so I had a chin implant).

The translator of the clinic told my bf that I can come back for a revision if I'm not satisfied... (not sure if it's for free though - will check when I'm back at the clinic on the 4th Feb to remove the stitches). Will update you.

Vanilla, when you are here in Korea, you will know because they are the ones who will speak to you and negotiate the price tell you yes or no. Haha... So I'm very sure they do take comm...

A visit to a plastic surgery clinic in Korea is something like this:-

When you reached, you speak to a receptionist (if you know how to speak mandarin then a mandarin speaking recept will be assigned to you).

Next, you will meet the consultant in the clinic (usually Koreans and doesn't speak any other language). You need to speak to the consultant in the clinic, tell them what you wanna do then they will assign respective surgeons to speak to you.

The surgeons are not going to speak to you for a long time, they look at you say for example I wanna do my eyes then they will show me how high I want my eyelid with then say ok ok something like that and ask if I have any other questions and if no, that's it.

And then I will be brought back to the consultant again. Then consultant will be the one negotiating on the prices of the surgeries that I want to do...

It's different from Singapore. I had some surgeries done in Singapore, I speak direct to the surgeon and the surgeon gave me the price and usually not much negotiation is done in Singapore (you will be assured their standards though... if you are unhappy usually they will also offer revision since Singapore is so strict on medical standards).

Hope this helps! So don't be scared to nego with the consultants! =p

Sundaelove, I shld be able to go korea for abt 2wks or so . seriously I search for a couple of ps clinic or hospital, so far wonjin n smps.i suppose there r definately better ones out there 4 sure.to find a package is probably my choice.

payment deposit izit the usual practice for ps? I guess the manager or consultant juz wanna secure the deal n when u go over cant negiotiate when opportunity arises.usually the consultant will sort of diagnose wat u nd w/o refer to the doctor during consultation.

Before you do your surgeries you definitely need to pay deposit... thats the same for singapore as well cuz they need to book the surgery room and all...

But you don't have to pay deposit before arriving in korea and visiting the clinic... I think someone else mention about not wiring funds over...

Do not wire anything over until you 101% sure u r doing your surgery there...

hi ladies,

just to share, to reduce swelling and bruising rapidly, you can try Purtier supplements. My cousin went surgery twice and first time she took Sinecch, she took like 2 months to recover. After that she tried Purtier for the second time, she used just one bottle and recovered very fast in less than a month. So i will be using Purtier (1 bottle) for my upcoming surgery in Korea.

However, we bought too many, i have like 4 excess bottles (contains 30 pills) and would like to clear them away at a lower price, any takers? Hope can help clear some as i don't need that much!

I will be in Korea from 6th-22nd February. Those who wants Purtier can meet me in Korea during this time and i will pass it to you. I will be staying at Myeong Dong area. I am from Singapore by the way.

PM me or add me in Kakao: ilovedawn
(we can meet up in Seoul and share our PS experiences too!!)

More info on purtier for better understanding: http://www,purtier.com

Hi mwol, I got a host mum who is also willing to help me out for free. Thanks for the tips! I will ask her to help me our as a "friend" to prevent the jacking up of the price. Do you know if they can help negotiate to the "local" price for foreigners like us?

So good that you like your new chin!

Nicole was very dismissive of me...she said just to wait and see and then we can talk about it. Then she pretty much guided me to the elevator and showed me out, even though she knew I was unhappy, alone, and a lot poorer.

Even the thought of ever returning there gives me a bad taste since it's all about selling and then no aftercare that I wonder if it would even be worth saving the revision fee and returning. I mean...what if they make it worse or show even less compassion.

you are absolutely right on the lack of response and aftercare from these Korean consultants, after you paid and had the surgery. whatever happens afterward you are really on your own.
after you flew back home it's even harder to get any answers from them. such contrast behavior from the friendliness and eagerness to serve you when you first consult with them to the time you paid for your surgery. After surgery, they can completely dismissed your concerns, questions, requests and even ignore you.

oops, sorry there was a typo.

the link to purtier's website is : http://www.purtier.com