BeautyHacker

Best Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea -read 1st post before posting.

hi marir! im planning to go during january too. are you going alone?

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey egg. Where did you go for your surgery?

Yes, I ment wonjin.
Jw's clinic: http://www.jwbeauty.net/
I wish I knew the s/n and password to see the before and afters! ><

my translator told me faceline,smallface n jw r popupar clinics..
nt so sure

Hi tinasoapberry,

You're welcome. Honestly speaking, though, I don't think my research is that helpful lol. I was hesitant to post it up, because I don't think I've compiled enough messages from locals to really feel confident in any particular clinics. I am planning on looking into clinics that popped up quite a bit, like View, Girin and a doctor at Samsung.. maybe message each person to see why they picked those places over others.

Hey! Awesome. We should definitely go together or at least meet up if our dates match up! I'm hoping to go with my Korean friend, who might be visiting his grandparents in January. I'm still waiting for his confirmation before I buy a plane ticket, because I really would prefer to go with him than hire a translator. If he changes his mind, though, I'll probably go alone. :sad: Do you have set dates for January?

Hey, I just wanted to say that I'm so glad you brought up Face Line. I looked up the website, and I remember I had an interest in this particular clinic, but forgot it's name over time (there's so many freaking __ Line clinics lol). I'm also really impressed with their facial contouring B&A's. I haven't heard much about them, but I plan on consulting with them in January.

I don't really know much about Face Line or JW, but Small Face is really popular among locals. I know this, because it's one of the first clinics my Korean friend noted when I asked him if he knew any popular clinics in Korea. Before, I was pretty confident I would go there, but then I realized they only really do jaw shaving. I would need double jaw or sliding genioplasty for my profile.

Hi! I consulted with FaceLine back in September. My experience was not so great there because they consulted without doing any type of xray or CT scan. I thought that was pretty lousy. There were a handful of locals there in the waiting room, if that means anything.

Could anyone advice me the different between open rhino and close rhino? I've read somewhere in this forum, but can't remember where it is.. open rhino leave scar and long time to heal, is that so? in which circumstances the Dr perform open rhinoplasty ? thanks advance ..

Hey kimjoo, thanks for sharing your experience. They didn't do x-ray or CT scan? That's crazy. Do you know if it's because they don't have those instruments, or they just don't do it during consultations? Either way, I don't think it's possible to do a consultation without an x-ray. I was planning on consulting with them, because I really liked their website, but your experience has definitely raised a red flag.

It's made me realize that I really shouldn't judge clinics based on their websites. Take Before & After Clinic (formerly Dream Clinic), for example. The website design isn't nearly as professional looking as it's counterparts, yet the image consultant there is apparently really popular in Korea, and has worked with some of the most popular celebrities.

EDIT: Someone sent me a couple of questions in a message, so in case anyone else is interested, the image consultant's name is Han Gyu Ri. She's a really popular (if not the most popular) celebrity image consultant in Korea. She's responsible for the images of celebrities, such as SNSD, Big Bang, 2NE1, F(x) Krystal and Sulli, Suju, Gong Hyo Jin, Gong Yoo, Wonder Girls, No Min Woo, etc. She also wrote a popular book on how to become celebrity like even if you don't have the genes. Anyway, not to say that all of those people I listed had plastic surgery from her Before & After Clinic, but they most likely had some sort of service done there. I want to go to her clinic for dermatology, but I'd imagine that since they work with so many celebrities, it'd be quite costly.

For those who is interested in the Face Line clinic, I would like to share with you some information that I got from another forum + naver blog link of them :biggrin:

Here is the link
The Dr. Lee's Wife (dentist) blog
The Sisters Blog
The Sisters also appeared in the korean makeover show "Let Me In"
The sister's interview and after surgery :smile:

Blog of a girl who did a facial contour, nose and eye surgery
Blog of Dr. Jin Soo Lee

oooh... nice! does she have a website to her salon or something?

I'm flexible actually, when will you know the date that you'll be traveling? like latest? and do you know anything about fat grafting? is it permanent?

btw i saw your reply to tinasoapberry, what is the website you mentioned? is it korean?

haha sorry many questions =p email me if you dont mind, cherryzz67 @ g mail .com

I'm sure they have the equipment... but I was put into consultation without anything, which I thought was totally weird. Maybe it was just my experience, but consulting without even an x-ray seemed a little sketchy... and that`s why I chose a different clinic.

Good luck with finding the perfect clinic for you.