BeautyHacker

ID Hospital Korea Experiences

To my fellow nonkorean friends: Please do not go to ID hospital. I am saving you from a horrible irreversible surgery that will come to pass if you go there. I personally got my eyelid plastic surgery done three weeks ago at ID hospital located in Sinsa and it came out horrible. The doctors will not cater to your needs and only care about making money. Do not trust what the bloggers (i.e. sunnnydahye) say because they received special treatments (it's not even special treatments, they just received normal treatment) so of course their plastic surgery came out nicely (they were sponspored plastic surgery treatments, duh). You will not receive normal treatments in Korea, unless you are lucky. During my consultations with the doctor, I felt heavily rushed and felt like they (the MD and the consultation gal) didn't care about my eyes. They didn't even ask what kind of eyelid design I wanted until I asked about it. If they can't answer your questions and make you feel rush during your consultations, what makes you think the surgery will be a good outcome? My specific doctor I went to is Dr. Kim. His full name is Kim Ilk Hwan. I was a fool. I sensed a vibe of arrogance from the MD here, but just rationalized that he was just that good of a doctor. But I was so wrong. Based on my surgery outcome, they're just rude with no skills. Additional to that they will charge you extra because youre a foreigner. I will give you my example. According to ID hospital website in the korean version (not sure if it states the price in english version tho), it states that it only costs 100 won (so roughly 1000 US dollars). But during my consultation, the consultant named Irene asked my mother (she's the one paid for my surgery) for 200 won, but then my mom told her that according to online that it stated that the surgery (for any kind of eyelid surgery that is) costed 100 won. So we negotiated to 140 won. My nonkorean friends if you go to Korea where you have a language barrier, people will take advantage of you. They will take as much money that they can. It is their culture. Dude, I can totally say this with honesty (with no bias) because I myself am Korean who thought Koreans were super friendly cuz my family and friends in the US are super friendly, but after coming to Korea for the first time in 24 years, I realized that Koreans living in South Korea are just sly. For the first time in my life I am ashame to be called Korean. Thank God I am Korean American, not a Korean. When I got to Korea I was heavily disappointed. The koreans in Korea are very insensitive and are racist. If I myself a Korean felt that the local koreans were rude, how rude would they be to if you're a foreigner? Do your plastic surgery else where. better yet, do it USA where they actually follow regulations and laws. We Asian Americans need to be thankful to be living in the states. Currently I hate my eyelid plastic surgery, but thankfully i got non incisional method (minimal scarring) so I will get a revisional eyelid surgery done once a year passes most likely in the states. For your sake, do not go to this hospital. They are just money seeking people who dont foilow the law and dont' give a damn about your outcome. Trust me on this. I was a patient at ID hospital so i have the right to say this

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Kkim! I am looking to go to ID too. Could you share your pre/post opt pics my email me. Much appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...
i was planning to go to korea and get double eyelid surgery done with dr. hwang in suk...... now im so unsure

• 4 weeks later...
There are so many rumors about the ID / Grand / Wonjin / Banobagi / Jewerly clinics or hospitals
but these rumors won't come out from nowhere you know??
I mean surgery is surgery so there always can be complications and side effect and surgery goes wrong
but ghost doctors, too much anesthetic, doctor comes down to have consultation during the operation is wrong I Think...
They got to fix these problems to become better surgeons or clinics

When you are bored come and check my sites to learn more infos
there are few...but I'm still loading many stuffs about the Korean Plastic Surgery clinic
http://aboutkoreanplasticsurgeryandbeauty.blogspot.kr/

I don't think negative experience is necessarily bad rumors. If you have a good experience, there is no reason to say bad things about the clinic :smile:

I hope for the best for you... :sad:

I heard about this story a while back on another forum (or maybe it was this one, I can't remember). I was surprised to see the name pop-up again since it's a pretty easy name to remember. I hope all went well with your case, dear :sad:

• 3 weeks later...
hi i am new to the forum and considering surgery at ID hospital can you suggest.

• 3 months later...
Hi guys, I live in Japan and had some plastic surgeries done here (which i am satisfied with), like rhino and chin implant. I've been thinking of going to ID hospital for V line+cheekbone reduction+full face fat graft and breast augmentation... i had a consultation scheduled for next week in japan (they're holding an event here). So far they've been very helpful and I see japanese people's reviews on their blogs too and they had great results, so I was sure but after reading this thread now i'm really unsure. :sad: what should i do? Is there any place you'd recommend for the procedures i stated above? Mainly the facial contouring...

No harm consulting with ID to see how you feel about them or to get their opinion, but do consult other clinics as well. Besides the reviews of botched jobs ID also has a reputation of recommending too many unneeded procedures. If ID asks you to be a model for their blog/website you will probably have good results. Otherwise I think choosing them is a big gamble, there are just too many bad reviews.

For breast I decided not to do it as the risk wasn't worth the increase I was seeking ( i wanted to go from a B to a small C) but park jin seok's breast clinic was one of my top choices when I was considering surgery. There are a few reviews on this forum about him. A few forumers have also shared their experiences with banobagi and regen with photos quite recently and they look great.

Can't help with v-line and cheekbone as those are not procedures I seriously considered undergoing. Maybe you can check out the threads dedicated to facial contouring

• 2 weeks later...