BeautyHacker

Has anybody tried Pitangui?

Hi MaiQ,
haha, i was afraid i would scare you guys with my picture without make up.

I did what you mentioned, silicon implant (bridge augmentation) and tip plasty using ear cartilege. just now i was at my friend's place and they mentioned my nose is still swollen, so i expect my nose to be smaller in the weeks/months to come..

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HI petiteminime,

I am in the process of researching a clinic to perform rhinoplasty (and possibly blepharoplasty). Wondering what is the clincher that made you choose Pitangui?

hi,
Full recovery for eyelids takes up to 6 months (depending on individual), comparing to the past few weeks, my eyelids are actually much better already as you can see in the pics, i will be expecting it to be less swollen in the following weeks to come.

Epicanthoplasty did not come across my mind at all as the only problem i had with my eyes were the droopy eyelids i had previously. Neither did they suggest that i go for epi as they also think i didn't need it.

The staff speaks very good English, not all but the consultant does. The doctor understands English too but he doesn't speak as much. The staff will be there doing the translation.

I know in another forum, they block anyone who tries to view or post on their website that are from South Korea (IP address). I guess that's one way to stop clinics from posting on forums and such. But the downside is that if you're in South Korea doing a procedure and trying to update/post on forums, you will be blocked also. Unless you contact the admin beforehand.

IMO, don't believe everything you read online. Even some bloggers get sponsored or get deep discounts from certain clinics and post rave reviews for them.

Trust your instincts and go in person/consultations to see which clinic is best for you. One clinic is great for someone may not be the same for you.

Danielle,

It is still a long time to go for me, I initially plan to go later this year but today I emailed Nicole and decided to have liposuction as well, and potentially calf muscle reduction. It's a lot to take I know! so I emailed her to check if my body can take it and she confirmed it would be okay because fat grafting means a mini lipo already. So I am set on the following procedures:
* cheekbone reduction
* nose jobs
* chin implant
at first I was thinking of doing my eyelids at pitangui but consider it's a relatively simple procedure with local anesthesia , I would do it when im in holiday back home in Vietnam, which will cost me only £200-300 as compared to £600 - £700 in korea.
*lipo on thighs
*calf muscle reduction
since I decided to also do lipo on thighs and calf muscle reduction, I need to save extra money which means probably delayed till Christmas/January I think.
What about you?

• 5 weeks later...
I didn't choose Pitangui as the clinic to do my surgeries at but I had a consult there and my review (abeit short review) is posted here if you guys are interested.

I met one girl who just got her eyes, nose and cheeks done at Pitangui a few days ago, she says she's been happy with them so far and she felt taken care of. She can't tell the results at the moment but she thinks her nose height is good =)

hi all,

im planning to go in either june or august to do my eyes- still have some clinics havent decided on any. anyone going in that period do pm me your kakao cause i'm new so i can't pm yet!

alternatively if there's any groupchat for june and aug it'd be great too.

• 3 weeks later...
Hey guys! If you guys read the earlier pages in this thread, I have mentioned that I will be going to Pitangui for a nose revision (June 2013.) Well, I'm like a year late with my review. Anyway, here's some bg info.

I got my first nose job with VIP and it came out like a typical VIP nose, very bulbous looking. I decided to go with Pitangui because this is the only clinic I can afford. I honestly forgot the cost because it's been that long, but it was somewhere around the lines of 2k.

Pitangui offers pickup service from the airport, which is good. As soon as I got to Pitangui, I noticed the grand looking interior. They have a big piano located in the lobby. I got to meet Nicole (and she reminds me of Noeul from K-pop girl group, Rainbow) and I discussed with her in person what I wanted, which was not much. All I wanted was a smaller tip. Before I went to do my surgery, I wanted to take a shower because I haven't showered in like almost 24 hours (yuck). Unlike VIP, Pitangui does not have shower stalls anywhere in the building. She offered me another option in which she described was like "going in a sauna". She said it's originally $200 but she'll charge me $50. Even $50 was a freaking rip off. As soon as I got to that "sauna" place thing, I took off my clothes and I literally just laid down for 10 minutes while water was splashing on me. No soap. But a worker did come to wash my hair. So I paid $50 to get my hair washed. I honestly felt like the table machine I was laying on felt soooo dirty.

Anyway, after the "shower", I went up to the guest room they have right by the operation room. Honestly, the guest room looked a bit dirty too.. and the bathroom did not have soap. Soon after, the doctor came in to look at my nose. We talked for about 5 minutes and then I went to the operating room. Honestly, I don't remember anything bad about it. The nurses were friendly and the surgery took less than an hour. Even after the surgery, my nose did not feel HORRIBLY PAINFUL, but just a little stuffy with slight pain. And honestly, I can't comment too much on the doctor's skills because my surgery was like a simple surgery. Also, the difference isn't an obvious change since like I said, it was a small and simple surgery, but I do feel better about myself.

So, overall, the only bad thing I can say is that it's a bit dirty and that they don't have shower stalls. I am so sure many people go straight to Pitangui from the airport... Anyway, they don't offer a ride when you leave Korea so you will have to take the taxi yourself. They charge you a certain amount I forgot, for the personal driver of theirs to drive you to the airport, but take the taxi. It was like $20 cheaper than the amount they quoted. Oh yeah, and most of the girl workers in Pitangui were very natural looking. There was only 1, that I recall who worked at the front desk, that looked like she had many procedures done.

From what I remember, and I did it in June of 2011, I couldn't smile naturally for about 3 months. I'm actually glad I did it (I did it with VIP, not Pitangui).

• 1 month later...