BeautyHacker

Fat Grafting In Korea

Sculptra is polylactic acid. It's basically a stimulating filler where medication is injected into the skin to stimulate collagen regeneration.

Just like fat transfer, Sculptra also has a risk of creating nodules especially around thin skin like the forehead or around the eyes. Dilution and injection depth is the key. If you can imagine, it's a medication so you have to heavily rely on the individual's ability to regenerate collagen unlike traditional fillers that you get what you inject.

My concern is whether or not existing fillers in the face is going to be an issue prior to fat transfer. You can neutralize it right before but what if they miss certain areas of the cheek? Has anyone had fillers prior to their consultation/fat transfer?

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One month ago I had fat graft on my forehead, temples, cheeks, side of nose and jawline. I had this at JW costing 1.5 million. Fat was taken from the inside thigh area. Today I have 10% of the fat graft remaining. It's all been re absorbed except a very small amount in my upper cheeks and forehead but not enough to make me look any different. I knew when I had this procedure this could happen, some people absorb their own fat graft faster than others and for me it was fast so I won't be doing that again!

Are you sure about JW price? I got quoted 1.5 mil krw which is approximately $1,500 USD.

I too had fat graft that didn't last much for me. I had done the 2nd session 3 months ago, now mainly the front portion of the forehead and upper cheeks left. The sides especially dont last so still appear having thin and narrow face. For cases like us who absorbed fat fast, wondered by doing multiple times will it slowly built up more fat?
Anyone has done 3 or 4 times to achieve the result they want?

Hi guys,
I also was thinking of fat graft but since the fat will be disappear so now I'm not sure anymore... Is it better if i consider forehead implant? Never know about the price though :/

I am curious about forehead implant as well... if the fat grafting is not permanent or at least semi permanent. Over 50% does it seem worth it? Especially since I cant go back every 3-6 months to korea and incur cost and going under anaesthesia everytime.

Has anyone had a forehead implant?

Thanks for sharing the information. After reading your experience I don't think I will do fat graft because I really don't want to keep doing it.

Has anyone recently have FG at Regen Medical? I'm very keen to do my full face FG and epi/lateralcanthoplasty together. There is a 10% tax on top of surgery cost. Anyone managed to get discount from them. They seems like not very willing to reduce price. Please share any tips to bargain down the cost.

Regan full face fat graft is expensive, I was quoted 3.5 million. You cant haggle much.

I just want to stress that everyones motabolism is different, your FG may last longer but what i do know for sure is you need to do it more than once. It seems after 3x most peoples FG is giving permanent results. My 10% hasn't decreased to-date.

Do you have to go under general anesthesia for fat graft ?

General is used mainly for invasive surgery, facial bone contouring, forehead implants and breast augmentation. Local with sedation is used for fat graft, eyes, rhino and lipo surgeries.

See other thread, Plastic Surgery Clinics In Korea, go to the page before last and last page, there is a discussion about forehead implants.

As far as I know a lot of people seems to go to Regen for fat graft and the results seem decent and last ca. 40%? ... but it doesn't look as natural as I prefer. Aone's results seem to be not long lasting. Anyone tried fat grafting at Banobagi though? Their before after pictures seem amazing.

My mom had local anesthesia and sedation for fg. She was wrapped up like a mummy no pun lol. So far she likes her results at teuim! Dr Kwon is a skillful doctor though he's rather quiet, but he's really caring for his patients. Just beware, my mom felt dizzy and nauseous because of her age. So those with bad health history ought to be really careful