BeautyHacker

Fat Grafting In Korea

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Sodium ..

I am planning to fly to Seoul for facial FG . But after I read countless of threads , including yours, regarding how quickly FG get reabsorbed, i am a little hesitant. I mean I don't mind having to fly to Seoul to do a top up once or twice , but if the frequency is almost as often as my filler top ups , then what's the point of getting it done .

I am a regular with injectable HA (Jevederm, Restylane, and Radiasse) , but I got tired having top ups especially on the superficial area where you can only use a thinner molecules of HA .

Do you have Kakao talk ? I am going to PM you my ID . I would really appreciate it if you could share more of your facial FG .

Thanks ! :smile:

• 3 weeks later...
Just had fat graft in my forehead, temple, and nasolabial folds with PRP at Dream a few days ago, and I'm feeling rather depressed with how I look so far. I had asked for a very subtle change (just to very slightly fill out dents in my forehead and temples), but my forehead looks round like a blow up doll, and my face looks like a distorted plastic surgery monster. I need to fly home and see people in a week, but I honestly don't see how I am going to look human within that time.

I know it is still early and there is swelling, but how much can I realistically expect it to go down if I did fat graft with prp? From how I look now, I only really want around 10% of it to remain. :sad:

Has anyone ever successfully managed to reverse a fat graft procedure?

Don't freak out! You're still really really soon after surgery! I promise it will go down and you won't look like a freak but it will take time.

The blow up doll look will stick around for a good 2-4 weeks. Use hats, hair, masks, hoodies, whatever you can to cover it up.

Remember you've just had surgery - there's trauma to the face that needs to heal before you'll even have a peak at the final result.

For other girls considering fat graft I'd say (being one month and almost one week out from surgery now myself) - EXPECT SWELLING! This is not like filler where you look fine the next day or three days later.

Your donor site will hurt, your face will hurt, you will look really plastic and fake. The longer you give yourself out of the spotlight post-surgery the better, that way you won't feel anxious.

In my experience, my forehead looked awful for almost a month after FG. Fake, really blown out and a bit gross. Now, it looks perfect and I love it! Even if it went down a bit more that's fine but it looks great now.

It did not however look great the first week. Or the second week. Or even really the third. I could barely even lay down without my a** hurting the first week, as that is where the doctor inserted the needle to get my fats. I couldn't shower properly as i wasn't allowed to get the stitches wet.

The bruising on my love handles took about 2.5 weeks to go down.

This is not a day procedure!

Aww thanks for helping me calm down, HJ88. :smile: I can totally relate to everything you just described. I really miss showering and washing my face, and those darn compression stockings I was told to wear 24 hrs a day nonstop are really tight and digging into my thighs (not to mention hot and itchy). ^^ Mostly I'm worried about how I'm gonna look normal enough to get on a flight home and see parents in a week.

Did you get PRP with your fat graft, too?

(Prp is supposed to help the fats stay better...now I'm worried too much of mine will stay!)

Do you have to see your parents straight away or can you think of a way out of it? (Ie a friend is picking you up at the airport, see you at family dinner next week instead)

If there's no way out, don't stress - parents can be preeeetty clueless about these sorts of things. There's a good chance they won't notice (yes, really!!) My parents haven't noticed my new nose, new chin, new cheeks, botox to jaw line etc. ever...(!) I doubt they'll notice my vline this time either.

If they do notice, you need an excuse. Allergic reaction, insect bite, bumped your head - whatever looks closest to where the swelling is at.

I didn't get PRP but remember what you are seeing now is swelling, NOT the fat graft. I'd be very surprised if you still think you have too much once the swelling goes down. Deal with the immediate problems first, and deal with later freakouts / issues as they come:smile: For your own sanity, don't play "what ifs", just chill and roll with it. You'd be shocked how things play out when you're relaxed.

LOL so true. The one surgery my mum was always against me doing is my eyes because she was always proud of passing on her genes to me haha. After I did my eyes to make the crease ALOT bigger, my dad immediatedly noticed it while my mum was like "No what are you talking about, its because she made her nose higher that's why her crease looks bigger. Those are my eyes I gave her" Lol....she's in denial haha

Seriously hey haha. Then again, I had to point out to my Mum that Nicole Kidman has had work done soo....(!!!?!!?)

Thanks for calming me down, KCouture and Hj88...I'll def try some of those excuses, and your moms sound so funny and adorable. :smile:

Did either of you or anyone notice your double eyelid creases getting smaller after forehead fat grafting btw? I'm not sure if it's because of swelling or the fat coming down into my eyelids, but my double eyelids have gotten much smaller since! Hoping this effect is only temporary and wondering if any of you guys experienced it before, too ^^

lol just an example for you. When I was 3 days post op after my forehead fat graft, I could not freaking open my eyes properly. My eyes were so swollen. And i never did my eyes in Seoul! I asked Dr Park and he explained that it was because the swelling fluid was moving downwards. Its meant to get bigger temporarily then go down. But if ure experiencing it go smaller it means ure swelling is dissipating from the eye surgery. How many days post op are you? And when you say smaller do you mean it is lowering down or is it actually shrinking? If the crease still looks swollen but has dropped then it would be due to the swelling fluid moving downwards from the forehead fat graft

Hmm I didn't notice that but then again my entire face looked like a hamster post- vline and fat graft so it wouldnt be the first thing I noticed :P

I had all the permanent taping for vline on for a week too, then after that the head bandage so it squishes my eyes and cheeks too. I was a real treat! I'm sure it's just your swelling though.

Hi! I'm 3 days post op after fat graft and rhino/alarplasty. I had my eyelids done yrs ago, so there shouldn't be any residual swelling from the eyelid surgery itself. I do noticd my eyelid crease got tinier (the crease shrank visibly) right after the forehead fat graft though...hope this doesn't mean an add'l eyelid surgery is in my future to correct it!

ohhhh i thought u did ure lids too. In that case its just the swelling don't worry. I mean looked like the lady hunchback of notredame 3 days post op from forehead fat graft as my swelling had peaked. No need to worry! U be back to normal in a week or so. xx sending good healing vibes